Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Where Are Ü Now That We Need Ya? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
No. He's regressing even earlier than expected.

This summer will make or break his career....

Either he goes full rocky four, and spends the bulk of the offseason driven to get stronger & tougher....
Or, sadly more likely, he wraps himself in excuses & finger pointing, does the bare minimum while treating himself to feel better about his crappy season, and comes back even worse next year.

Will be interesting to see if MB has the sense to cut his losses & trade him early in the offseason... My bet is he's still here come September and it gets ugly fast next season

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
No. I'd be very surprised if hes a Hab next year. Bergevin already has shown to be big on Karakter, and Drouin doesn't have a shred of it.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He won't get traded. I'd be shocked if he was.

He had some good chances today. Was in position for tap in goal and just missed then gave another solid pass for an easy goal to petry who just missed too. It's easy to forgive him for those missed opportunities but it's hard to ignore that missed chances is his highlight reel lately. That's as good as he's been so there's a problem.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
giphy.gif

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He is soff soff soff.............

Guess who lost his man last night on the TB 2nd goal? Yup...late to the party as usual and it's in his net.

He avoided going to the net, and missed an easy tap in goal last night....and avoids getting hit to make a play over and over...he is a fish out of water right now...

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Kid is terrified of physical contact, that's his biggest problem. He gives up on plays just to avoid getting hit, it's pretty shameful tbh.

I hope MB man's up and trades him. He admitted 1 of his mistakes by waiving Alzner, gotta do the same thing here and move Drouin. I'm positive Drouin has much more value than Galchenyuk did when he got traded and we got Domi for him. Obviously we got lucky in that scenario but the point is that there's a possibility of getting a good piece in return for Drouin.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7 and G0bias

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
He is soff soff soff.............

Guess who lost his man last night on the TB 2nd goal? Yup...late to the party as usual and it's in his net.

He avoided going to the net, and missed an easy tap in goal last night....and avoids getting hit to make a play over and over...he is a fish out of water right now...

Right after his big chance to score in the 3rd, he also lost his man backchecking on a 3 on 2, even after the defenseman showed him to pick the third man. Price made a toe save on it, but if not, this thread would have much more posts this morning, and not nice ones...

Reactions: BLONG7

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
There's hope that he gets traded.

He's 24. Prime years are now. Any hope that he'll improve is dwindling.

There might be a small window of time where the Habs know he's not good enough while some other teams haven't realized it yet. If they wait until he's 25 or 26, he won't hold a lot of value.

Jul 6, 2016
Trade him to Arizona for Chuck. Maybe Chuck will come back a new player like Domi. If that works then trade to get Drouin back the next year. They all just need a healthy dose of desert air.

Right. Let get back Galchy and play him on LW on the 3rd line and on PP.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
He's been improving his game in his own zone all year and he makes alot of really solid plays to get it out, he has 52 points, and he's the same age Marchand was when he had 55 points. Look at that guy now. I wouldn't throw this guy away. Let him develop however he needs to. I see no glaring weaknesses in this team anymore that require a sacraficing of assets to address. Mete has come in and been outstanding with Shea, Domi and Danault have been unreal and Kotkaniemi is going to be dynamite. Just let him play and I'm confident he'll figure it all out.

Reactions: GoHabsGo2013

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Kid is terrified of physical contact, that's his biggest problem. He gives up on plays just to avoid getting hit, it's pretty shameful tbh.

I hope MB man's up and trades him. He admitted 1 of his mistakes by waiving Alzner, gotta do the same thing here and move Drouin. I'm positive Drouin has much more value than Galchenyuk did when he got traded and we got Domi for him. Obviously we got lucky in that scenario but the point is that there's a possibility of getting a good piece in return for Drouin.
I'm not totally convinced he has much more value, mostly because of the context surrounding an eventual trade opposing GMs can leverage. A franco player-hungry GM offering a franco player he acquired -and immediately gave big money - just two seasons ago, for what was at the time his highest valued asset. Raises a big red flag. Not to mention this would also be Drouin's third team in four seasons. But I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Last edited:

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
I would trade him for a 24 beer and a bag of chips.Marchand is not afraid of contact.Drouin is afraid to mess his hair.Please leave now Mr. Drouin

Reactions: Habs178

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Silly comments like these are what makes me rue the decline of this discussion forum.

Drouin played great. He set up two goals in the last game with third assists on great passes on the empty netter and the PP goal. What did Turtle Tatar do? Lady Gagaller? Why not pick on them? Why the irrational hatred for this one guy? You owe it to yourself to examine your contorted perspective.

lol.. you're still bashing Gallagher and Tatar to defend your little princess Drouin.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's been improving his game in his own zone all year and he makes alot of really solid plays to get it out, he has 52 points, and he's the same age Marchand was when he had 55 points. Look at that guy now. I wouldn't throw this guy away. Let him develop however he needs to. I see no glaring weaknesses in this team anymore that require a sacraficing of assets to address. Mete has come in and been outstanding with Shea, Domi and Danault have been unreal and Kotkaniemi is going to be dynamite. Just let him play and I'm confident he'll figure it all out.

I would trade Drouin if we could get another Domi, like we did for Galchenyuk. But I doubt another deal lije that would present itself.
.so, as you say, rather than thtowing him away, i'd rather see what he can become. He's back checking more, battling more on the boards, and making less low percentage plays. Now the main thing is: can he find a way to produce?

Reactions: Toene
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad