Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Where Are Ü Now That We Need Ya? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Seeing his name on the score box is his main preoccupation. The physical stuffs. Running over the puck. Being a defensive player. Isn't on his own perspective the way to put points. So when things doesn't turn into his advantage. Then he chokes. Starts to bug. Delibarately all the negatives waves goes throught out him. Got no plans in his hands with all kinds of ending situations. When it persists, he turned out to be non-reactive by it. Get used by it. It's like something normal. If all is good, it's good for him. If all is bad, that doesn't matter.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Heard a few Tampa fans say they would prefer to have Drouin back over Sergachev. They said Drouin is decent in terms of skill and providing offense and can survive without being a force on D. But Sergachev is not good at what is primarily responsibility is defense.... not yet anyways.
Sergachev is 20 year old defenseman and developing properly. He’s only going to get bigger, faster, and stronger. Also, Sergachev is not throwing temper tantrums while being developed... like Drouin did. In fact, instead of agreeing with some of the best hockey minds on his development, he went f***ing crazy and was shipped out of town with a smile! There’s no comparison between he two IMO.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
All year, when I read Habs fans lamenting that trade, over and over and over again...I often ask myself if they've bothered watching Sergachev this year?

I have the same concerns about his game as I did when I first saw him with the Habs.

He's got wonderful offensive instincts, nice size and skating ability...but too many times during a game, he just switches completely off. Whether its in his defensive assignments or errant passes or not being aware of oncoming forecheckers looking to hit him, he's been caught a few times this year and I had no idea how he did not expect to get hit in this situations.

Drouin's far from a perfect player, he's got his own issues...not even saying otherwise, but the grass isn't greener on the other side either.

He’s caught in a log jam in Tampa. They’re dinking him around moving him from side to side because they can’t seem to find a place for him because they’re so deep. Cernak’s only one year older then him but he seems to have taken that next step meaning Sergachev is stuck playing the right side next to Girardi which isn’t very ideal for a developing player. I would’ve loved to see him here in Montreal. Seeing the impact and confidence gained from Mete last season makes me think he would’ve been a really nice fit on this team.

Reactions: cphabs and 417

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“The skills of some players or the whole game. Both of them. Especially the big players you want to become a bit like them. I try to look at their little offensive tendencies. I like to see the little things they do and doing. The little details that you can’t notice in the middle of the game. To follow up a few players much closer.”

“I’m going to go back to Shea Weber all the time. I saw him playing in Nashville back in the days. It’s impressive for me especially the way he played and still plays. You get so much better when you play against players like them. When you practice against Shea you've to be ready and be serious. When you arrive in the games it's easier then. Because he's one of the most robust and the biggest defensively to play against...”

“Of course, it’s a positive thing to have him. But not just for me...When you’ve been around someone for many years. You know how he's. He knows how I'm a little bit... I think Dom (Ducharme) made his own way in the juniors section. Whenever it was with Drummondville and a good job last year (Team Canada). And what he did in Halifax was incredible. Whether it’s related to me or not he’s here (Montreal Canadiens). I’m glad to have him tho... An hockey guy who's so smart but also have a drive. When things are bad, he’s able to talk to you about it.”

“Yes, the CHUM. I came from here. Not close to Montreal tho. But I came from around there. So it was a while that I talked with my agent. This latter wanted me to involve myself a bit. Waiting to see what'll happens. Then when I was traded in Montreal I saw there was a chance for me and to my community who needs my help. My parents work in youth clubs all their life. So for me, I was raised among that. I played soccer with childrens. Right away I had that chance to involve myself in something like that it was an easy decision for me...”

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Poor sweetie. Had to play out of position in his first year and then his nose hurt. Hopefully next year all is well so he can display his immense talent.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
That's what he was refering about when he declined the WC invitation.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Sometimes a crooked nose can make it difficult to breath through the nose so less cardio... But I did not see Drouin having less cardio, just bad decision making at the end of the season.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
he wants to have a new nose. isnt that nose surgury? doesnt mean it was injured.

now he will feel more beautiful, more cocky, so he can express himself even more confidence and make those brain farts with all the ease needed without worrying about any critics.

it makes sense.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
he wants to have a new nose. isnt that nose surgury? doesnt mean it was injured.

now he will feel more beautiful, more cocky, so he can express himself even more confidence and make those brain farts with all the ease needed without worrying about any critics.

it makes sense.

If the surgery was merely cosmetic, then he may have been looking for a greater aerodynamic advantage or possibly better symbiotic relation with his hair flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad