Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Where Are Ü Now That We Need Ya? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
If he has a disappointing year again next season then I think he'll be traded almost without a doubt. Given MB's comments at the end of year presser, I don't see it happening this summer.

But then again, MB is the guy that said Subban would be a Hab for a very long time, just days before trading him, so its hard to be sure what is genuine and what is smoke and mirrors.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
If he has a disappointing year again next season then I think he'll be traded almost without a doubt. Given MB's comments at the end of year presser, I don't see it happening this summer.

But then again, MB is the guy that said Subban would be a Hab for a very long time, just days before trading him, so its hard to be sure what is genuine and what is smoke and mirrors.
We hope Drouin don't known again a disappointing year. For our 1909's sakes. He disappointed us a lot. It's his full responsibility to get himself help.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Pacioretty at his very best was gone a long time ago. He's still good or he can still be. Even at his best, I never seen him do what Drouin can do. It's a gamble keeping Drouin but Patches just doesn't fit the make up of this team. I completely get the Drouin hate but his upside is huge. There should be no question. Even if he gets only marginally better he's likely worth his contract and I'd rather his style of game than Patches.

Patches and Pleks of the last little while were so infuriating.
“I never seen him do what Drouin can do”

Pacioretty is the playoff point leader.

Now we finally have good centers and no Pacioretty to score goals.

Drouin couldn’t carry Pacioretty’s jock strap.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“Me, it was Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg. I watched a lot Colorado. It was my favorite team when I was young. It's two players it's kinda the two players that I've on my mind.”

“Breakaways: Nervous, a bit. You know a player like me, I like to have that feeling. Everybody is standing for you and you've that type of chance to score... So it's cool.”

“Yes, cooking and golf also. Me and my girlfriend love to cook. I think when it's summer time and the hockey season is finish, we go play golf and tennis.”

“McDo: Oh a tricky question. Not before my practices. But some McFlurry even when it's winter time and it's cold. To be honnest I take that once in a while.”

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I am thinking MacKinnon made Drouin. Why he went so high in draft. If Drouin played on any other junior team he would have been a late first pick. Drouin is a good complimentary player if playing with a star. Put him back with MacKinnon may make him greast again? Or another great fit could be with McDavid. Drouin to move up in draft? From 15 to 8? Would you do it?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I am thinking MacKinnon made Drouin. Why he went so high in draft. If Drouin played on any other junior team he would have been a late first pick. Drouin is a good complimentary player if playing with a star. Put him back with MacKinnon may make him greast again? Or another great fit could be with McDavid. Drouin to move up in draft? From 15 to 8? Would you do it?
Contributed a lot. An roommate. An linemate. An personal motivatormate. By force, heck MacKinnon was driving Drouin when he wanted to skip classes or practices...

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Not enough for the loss of a 50-point winger. Drouin + 15 + 40th for 8th and Klefbom.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I think you're forgetting that when it came down to it Max went on very similar stretches that Drouin did at the end of the year. Multiple times and he was just as frustrating if not more.

I'll take JD over MP any day.Max is just too singular.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
The upcoming season is a make or break season for Drouin. If he finally breaks out and gets 70+ points, I’ll be ecstatic. If he plays like how he did during the last 25 game, he should be dealt by the trade deadline.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The upcoming season is a make or break season for Drouin. If he finally breaks out and gets 70+ points, I’ll be ecstatic. If he plays like how he did during the last 25 game, he should be dealt by the trade deadline.

We have more than enough data with two year's worth of Drouin's antics and disappearing acts.

You don't need another 25 games to see more of the same.

The time to move him is this summer, let someone buy into his one-dimensional point production.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'll take JD over MP any day.Max is just too singular.

I'll take 24 year old Max over Drouin easy. Now that Pacioretty is old he's really one dimensional. But let's not forget when he was our leading scorer.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
I'll take 24 year old Max over Drouin easy. Now that Pacioretty is old he's really one dimensional. But let's not forget when he was our leading scorer.
He will always be better than Drouin, as long as both players are still breathing. I would drive Drouin to Vegas myself to switch them.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Jonathan Drouin:

Will do everything possible to avoid physical contact.

Biggest p***ycat in the league.

Little ***** boy.

5.5 million.

Bergevin strikes again.
You said it, he's paid 5.5M$, not 11.5. That's good for 50ish points in this league, which we got.

He isn't and won't be a franchise player, people's expectations need to be managed.

Last edited:

Megaforce

MacKinnon was driving Drouin when he wanted to skip classes or practices...
Drouin's Midget coach interviewed on TSN 690 last summer said that Drouin was the most motivated guy on the team, volunteering for every sort of extracurricular responsibility and performing them with great enthusiasm. Pretty sure we can put aside any myths about McKinnon keeping Drouin motivated.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
You said it, he's paid 5.5M$, not 11.5. ThatsT good for 50ish points in this league, which we got.

He isn't and won't be a franchise player, people's expectations need to be managed.

Yet everyone was saying it was a sweet deal and a bargain because he would put up 60-70 points and probably more

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We have more than enough data with two year's worth of Drouin's antics and disappearing acts.

You don't need another 25 games to see more of the same.

The time to move him is this summer, let someone buy into his one-dimensional point production.
Agree......I’m as fed up with him as I was with Beaulieu.....

Edmonton, Colorado, LA, Anaheim would all be ideal destinations

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yet everyone was saying it was a sweet deal and a bargain because he would put up 60-70 points and probably more
Seemed good at the time......just like when we picked up Byron, and worst when we signed him to that two year deal....posters, at least some were not impressed with this pick up let alone the signing.....then presto, he just became one of our leaders who scores 20

Always let a trade or waiver pick up play out, then judge.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He will always be better than Drouin, as long as both players are still breathing. I would drive Drouin to Vegas myself to switch them.

Not so fast. I could see Pacioretty rabidly declining from 32 on. But if you're sure Drouin is completely useless, like he was in the last 25 games, I suppose it's better to have Pacioretty for a couple years. I'm supposed still slightly curious to see what Drouin ma ki es of himself, and would only want Pacioretty back to trade him again. We need to get younger.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Seemed good at the time......just like when we picked up Byron, and worst when we signed him to that two year deal....posters, at least some were not impressed with this pick up let alone the signing.....then presto, he just became one of our leaders who scores 20

Always let a trade or waiver pick up play out, then judge.

Yet everyone still puts Byron on the 4th line :laugh:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Drouin's Midget coach interviewed on TSN 690 last summer said that Drouin was the most motivated guy on the team, volunteering for every sort of extracurricular responsibility and performing them with great enthusiasm. Pretty sure we can put aside any myths about McKinnon keeping Drouin motivated.
These was the words by Drouin who came out of his own mouth on 24CH The Valet Season 3...

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I think you guys are too obsessed with Jonathan Drouin. Same thing happenned with Max Pacs. It makes an negative impact on players, it makes them too nervous. Hockey players need to have fun playing. They score goals when they feel free and they are creative when they are confident. We might not like a player, we might want them to be traded. I agree but please don't bash them for any reason and being on their case night and day is harassment. I could say there is something else than hockey in life and I could say get a life but I won't say it, lol. Have a nice day ! :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->