Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin: To C Or Not to C

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Looks quicker but still see some issues with his defensive play, although as long as he stays on the win he won't be exposed like he was last year.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I was hard on him last season, with reason, so far he's looking alot better.
Biggest difference is he seems to give a shit, atleast when he has the puck . Hopefully this continues into the regular season.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Getting to play in a position he belongs to has done wonders to him, who woulda thought. What's really encouraging though is that him and Kotkaniemi seem to be a great fit together. Bodes extremely well for the future.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
That depends on 2 things
1) who he plays with
2) can he turn his flash into actual scoring chances, instead of stickhandling and skating fast around aimlessly (I think he can)

I don’t expect much from LaFlamme.

If you could transplant some of Gallagher’s heart into his body then he would be alright.

But he’s the golden boy, anointed by our moron GM, so I expect he’ll continue stickhandling and skating fast aimlessly, and the Antichambre crew will felate him thoroughly.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If not Sergachev, I don't think Yzerman liquidates Drouin for a cheaper return. It's very possible Yzerman keeps Drouin and explores other options trying to prepare for the cap and expansion draft. What do the Habs trade instead of Sergachev that other teams could not easily match?

So you're using Bergevin's ineptitude to defend his ineptitude? I know you're trying to be balanced, and I admire that, but Bergevin has bungled virtually every interaction with his top players. This filters down to the trades.

Subban, Sergachev, Markov, Radulov, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty.... They're all gone and it's arguable not a one was adequately replaced.

Reactions: Peanut

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
My biggest worry about Drouin is whether he can be that 70 pts player (which a totally reasonable expectation considering his skill level) on a good team.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He's gonna score 70+ pts, book it

If he hits 70pts, it's because we have a VERY good PP... or if he plays with Gallagher for the full season and Gallagher scores 30g+ again. Also whoever that centers him scores at least 20 goals. To hit 70 pts, he need to score a lot and generate a lot of goals for his linemates.

He has the skill to hit 70 pts.. but I don't thik we have a team or players that will help him achieve that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So you're using Bergevin's ineptitude to defend his ineptitude? I know you're trying to be balanced, and I admire that, but Bergevin has bungled virtually every interaction with his top players. This filters down to the trades.

Subban, Sergachev, Markov, Radulov, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty.... They're all gone and it's arguable not a one was adequately replaced.

No, I'm talking about the idea that Drouin could of been acquired for cheap being ridiculous. Weather you like Bergevin or not is not the discussion.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Did anyone suggest cheap? Or just less than Sergachev? That's a big difference.

Anything less than Sergachev (from what we had at the time), would of not gotten Drouin. The idea we could of gotten Drouin and also kept Sergachev is not something I believe was a possibility. Say what you want to say about Yzerman's situation and how their relationship might of been affected, I don't see Yzerman trading him for cheap.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Anything less than Sergachev (from what we had at the time), would of not gotten Drouin. The idea we could of gotten Drouin and also kept Sergachev is not something I believe was a possibility. Say what you want to say about Yzerman's situation and how their relationship might of been affected, I don't see Yzerman trading him for cheap.

Again, is ANYTHING less than Sergachev cheap? It's my belief the price was too high and we traded a position of weakness for a position of strength.

It has nothing to do with my personal feelings about Bergevin, which I've made extremely clear. I just think it was a foolish trade and we overpaid.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Again, is ANYTHING less than Sergachev cheap? It's my belief the price was too high and we traded a position of weakness for a position of strength.

It has nothing to do with my personal feelings about Bergevin, which I've made extremely clear. I just think it was a foolish trade and we overpaid.

Don't concentrate too much on the word cheap. I am pretty sure you understand my point and this has nothing to do with pro-Bergevin or anti-Bergevin. The idea we could of acquired Drouin without Sergachev is not something I believe was a possibility

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Then you don't make the deal. It's pretty simple.

I'm on the fence about it. I think both are very good young players. Drouin is more established so we will have to wait to see how good Sergachev is. Top 4D or top 2D. I do think Drouin is the only game breaking talent we have and not so sure Sergachev would be on our team.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I'm on the fence about it. I think both are very good young players. Drouin is more established so we will have to wait to see how good Sergachev is. Top 4D or top 2D. I do think Drouin is the only game breaking talent we have and not so sure Sergachev would be on our team.

If he's the only game breaking talent, then that makes the Radulov folly and the dumb Galchenyuk trade even worse. Picking players randomly would have a better result.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
If he's the only game breaking talent, then that makes the Radulov folly and the dumb Galchenyuk trade even worse. Picking players randomly would have a better result.

Bergevin have made some really bad moves but the Radulov one.....

I mean...nobody wanted to sign Radulov 2 years ago.....nobody....

Who signed him ?

There was Bergevin and Patrick roy....and sakic did not wanted Radu....

The only reason why Habs fans enjoyed Radu for a year ...was because of....Bergevin.

No Bergevin..= no Radu at all.... and he chose money (tx) over Mtl at the end......

Bergevin is not good but he made some good moves and Radu is one of them.

As for Drouin...at least he is an exciting player on the wing.....and I think that this team really needs exciting players.....because the team is so boring..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad