Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
So the Montreal Canadiens have anyone who thinks Jonathan Drouin can be a #2C, under their thumbs?

Lord..

And whose fault is that? Habs' fans or the idiot in charge who gives away a blue chip left-handed PMD for at best a second line winger who at any time might take his stick and jock strap and go home whining?

Reactions: Habs178

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
And whose fault is that? Habs' fans or the idiot in charge who gives away a blue chip left-handed PMD for at best a second line winger who at any time might take his stick and jock strap and go home whining?
I'm not sure why you're asking that...the poster I responded too said that anyone who thinks that Jonathan Drouin can be a #2C is under the thumbs of the Montreal Canadiens organization.

What a ridiculous take.

My comment really had nothing to do with the trade itself.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
So you think they should just repeat, what we've all acknowledged was a mistake with Galchenyuk (jerking him around between wing & center), with Drouin out of spite?

So spite is better than hypocrisy?

That doesn't make much sense.

Drouin played the entire year as a C...they need to stick with it, in for a penny, in for a pound.

No, that's not what he thinks. Drouin was not, is not and will not ever be a NHL center NO MATTER how long you try him there. The player's attittude on the ice last year tells you as much. He doesn't want to be there. So trying not to make the same mistake as The Idiot did with Galchenyuk is an irrelevant point. Galchenyuk has the talent and the attitude to be a #2 centerman and just because the Idiot failed at staying with him at center doesn't mean he should now stick with Drouin at center because he soesn't want to make the same mistake with him. Why doesn't he try Price at center and stick with it you know because we didn't stick with Galchenyuk and we don't want to make the same error.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm not sure why you're asking that...the poster I responded too said that anyone who thinks that Jonathan Drouin can be a #2C is under the thumbs of the Montreal Canadiens organization.

What a ridiculous take.

My comment really had nothing to do with the trade itself.
Drouin is not a center. His actions and attitude on the ice last year said as much to everyone but you, even MB admitted as much.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
No worries. This is part of the plan... next year's draft is loaded with centers, some of which are potential elite and franchise level.

That way I see it, Drouin is just keeping the 1C seat warm. Let's get ready for a 70pt season! The team that is, not Drouin...

If we're in a position to draft a stud centerman next year it probably means we're out of the playoffs and MB will have packed his purple pants and moved back to Chicago. On the surface that sounds like the perfect storm but I dread being in transition. Depending on when the new GM would take over, you may have another draft year going down the tubes without a center.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Drouin is not a center. His actions and attitude on the ice last year said as much to everyone but you, even MB admitted as much.
He played 82 games as a center and barring the team acquiring 2 proven top 6C's...

Jonathan Drouin will be a center again this year...you can scream it until you're blue in the face that he's not, but that's exactly where he's going to play.

Where you THINK he should be playing is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is where the coaching staff & management will play him.

The only thing we can do is hope that he gets better at playing the position - which you know, IS possible.

Reactions: Laurentide

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017

a second line winger at best...wow.

Did you see him on the wing with Tampa in playoffs 2 years ago at 20 years old ?? I saw him and let me tell you that Galchenyuk never did what Drouin did in playoffs...Galchenyuk have been horrible in playoffs so far and he is 1 year older.

Put him on the wing next season where he should play anyway and let's see.

Funny at 22 years old ....Max 67 finaly made the NHL and Drouin was only 22 last season. He is clearly not a center and he should play on the wing as soon as possible

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
a second line winger at best...wow.

Did you see him on the wing with Tampa in playoffs 2 years ago at 20 years old ?? I saw him and let me tell you that Galchenyuk never did what Drouin did in playoffs...Galchenyuk have been horrible in playoffs so far and he is 1 year older.

Put him on the wing next season where he should play anyway and let's see.

Funny at 22 years old ....Max 67 finaly made the NHL and Drouin was only 22 last season. He is clearly not a center and he should play on the wing as soon as possible
Yeah Drouin was so great that Yzerman was tripping over himself to unload him. Remember how great Cory Conacher looked on the Lightning? Well, I'm not saying Drouin is another Conacher but the Lightning have a way to make some players look better than they are.. Drouin's definitely an NHLer but quite honestly I would never have Drouin on my team. Not even as a third line winger. You don't win in the NHL with self-centered players like Drouin.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What does that mean? After watching him play last year you think Drouin is capable of playing center?
Yes...with some more experience and support around him.

Absolutely.

Did you expect him to to be Patrice Bergeron right off the hop?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah Drouin was so great that Yzerman was tripping over himself to unload him. Remember how great Cory Conacher looked on the Lightning? Well, I'm not saying Drouin is another Conacher but the Lightning have a way to make some players look better than they are.. Drouin's definitely an NHLer but quite honestly I would never have Drouin on my team. Not even as a third line winger. You don't win in the NHL with self-centered players like Drouin.
Does that apply to Sergachev too? Or is he exempt from this phenomenon?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Yes...with some more experience and support around him.

Absolutely.

Did you expect him to to be Patrice Bergeron right off the hop?
Nope, I got what I expected and more. I didn't think he would be any good and he wasn't. I didn't think he would act like a prima donna but he did.

I dread this coming season if he's still playing center. He's liable to pull another move like he did in Tampa. This player is worse than I expected.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Does that apply to Sergachev too? Or is he exempt from this phenomenon?
Notice I used the qualifier "some" but that didn't register with you because you choose the devil's advocate role in life. I hope it works out for you because it ain't working in here.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Nope, I got what I expected and more. I didn't think he would be any good and he wasn't. I didn't think he would act like a prima donna but he did.

I dread this coming season if he's still playing center. He's liable to pull another move like he did in Tampa. This player is worse than I expected.
It's not "if"...he will.

Just hope last year was a learning experience and he'll be better prepared and a better player for it this year...

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
So because they made mistakes with Galchenyuk they should make the same mistakes with Drouin? How is that good?
It's a mistake for both. Drouin isn't a goddamn center, and Galchy is better at center. Not rocket science. They're making mistakes with both players. How is that good?

Reactions: Habs Icing

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Notice I used the qualifier "some" but that didn't register with you because you choose the devil's advocate role in life. I hope it works out for you because it ain't working in here.
Notice I used the question mark, as in, it was a question of whether or not this also applied to Sergachev...a question is not an affirmation, it's a question.

Furthermore, what happens in my life is none of your concern...keep the discussion on topic.

Don't get salty because I turned your weak narrative on its head. Come with a stronger take that's not so easily deconstructed.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It's not "if"...he will.

Just hope last year was a learning experience and he'll be better prepared and a better player for it this year...
Well, I didn't want a stickler for minutiae like you coming in at the end of next season if Drouin plays at wing and doesn't throw a tantrum. I'd never hear the end of it. That's why I said if he plays plays center such and such will happen.

I hope to God you're wrong and he's moved to the wing but MB is the GM so you're most likely right. He'll play center.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Notice I used the question mark, as in, it was a question of whether or not this also applied to Sergachev...a question is not an affirmation, it's a question.

Furthermore, what happens in my life is none of your concern...keep the discussion on topic.

Don't get salty because I turned your weak narrative on its head. Come with a stronger take that's not so easily deconstructed.
I didn't answer your question because I have some doubts about Sergachev's defensive play. Offensively, I have no doubts. So I did answer your question. Sergachev will look good offensively no matter what team he's on. Drouin has a bad attitude no matter what team he's on. had one in tampa and had one here last year. Let's trade him and see if my intuition is correct.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well, I didn't want a stickler for minutiae like you coming in at the end of next season if Drouin plays at wing and doesn't throw a tantrum. I'd never hear the end of it. That's why I said if he plays plays center such and such will happen.

I hope to God you're wrong and he's moved to the wing but MB is the GM so you're most likely right. He'll play center.
I'm not that petty...not for nonsense like that at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad