Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Redemption Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
This whole situation does seem pretty fishy.

Especially when his 2 glaring screwups in the last game were due to Drouin being unwilling to engage - the 1st period when he gave the puck away to avoid a hit, and near the end of the 3rd when he twisted and turned to avoid contact at all costs, and took a double minor for high sticking because his stick was flailing all over the place. Any other coach/GM would healthy scratch him for the following game, but Drouin develops a mysterious non-covid sickness. Only in Montreal lol

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Sounds like mental health to me.
Many top athletes use sport psychologist, if he dedicated to a better life and a better career, why he not engage one it is mental health?
No one of us is immune to mental health, so i will surely not underestimate its possible effect, but he blessed to be in a position to be able to do something about it .

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Many top athletes use sport psychologist, if he dedicated to a better life and a better career, why he not engage one it is mental health?
No one of us is immune to mental health, so i will surely not underestimate its possible effect, but he blessed to be in a position to be able to do something about it .

A sports psychologist is not a clinical psychologist - which is what he'd need if his absence was due to mental illness. For all we know he could be seeing both types of psychologists and still be struggling. Counseling and therapy aren't simple, magic-pill solutions. I'm not saying definitively that this is the case, but there are a lot of signs that point this way.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I haven’t watched all the games, but the ones I did watch there were far bigger problems than Drouin on this team. He was hustling, back checking, but struggling to produce, yet we have nan mountain and chiarot stuck in their end for 9O% of their shift, but no outrage. I think if we want to have any sort of chance of an upset we need JD in the lineup. I know it’s pretty easy to kick a guy while he’s down, but I don’t think he’s been that bad.

Reactions: rickthegoon

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
A sports psychologist is not a clinical psychologist - which is what he'd need if his absence was due to mental illness. For all we know he could be seeing both types of psychologists and still be struggling. Counseling and therapy aren't simple, magic-pill solutions. I'm not saying definitively that this is the case, but there are a lot of signs that point this way.
You are correct , though i meant sports and non sports psychologist, but you still right, he might have seen and it not helped, though i have my doubts

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I haven’t watched all the games, but the ones I did watch there were far bigger problems than Drouin on this team. He was hustling, back checking, but struggling to produce, yet we have nan mountain and chiarot stuck in their end for 9O% of their shift, but no outrage. I think if we want to have any sort of chance of an upset we need JD in the lineup. I know it’s pretty easy to kick a guy while he’s down, but I don’t think he’s been that bad.

Are you reading GDTs? 'Cause there's a lot of outrage about the Weber/Chiarot pairing

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You are correct , though i meant sports and non sports psychologist, but you still right, he might have seen and it not helped, though i have my doubts

The Habs didn't do, or likely didn't care to do the background check on Drouin before acquiring him.

I'm not gonna get into libel territory but he played in Halifax and it wasn't a quiet tenure.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Sounds like mental health to me.
Yeah, I’m a little concerned about that too.

Demoted to 4th line, didn’t look like he was into the game in that role ... then, when he took the 4 min penalty, it looked like he wanted to go straight to the dressing room. ... then to hear he didn’t leave the hotel room? Unusual.

hope he’s okay and back in action soon.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
People on this board have been, absolutely tough on Weber/Chariot pairing.............and yes they have been tough on a lazy forward, like Drouin not producing, and then being asked about it, and has a smart a$$ answer about his 2 goals....his assits all 20 of them, are not enough and not near enough.
His hustle? He looks to be trying, but he is miserable at getting it done......he is so soft, he is ina constant state of fear from someone hitting him.............he is whining about his wrist is not better from and injury that took place 1.5 years ago....
He is really struggling.....and always has...outside of a few decent games last year, when he did have an nice start to the season, he is really struggling and for four years got preferred ice time, preferred linemantes and PP time he did not deserve.
When we first did that trade, I was not a fan, but really thought, well we are getting a gifted winger, who will produce 20 goals and 50 assists...............boy was I wrong.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Drouin is not the player he used to be...but then again, he never was. :sarcasm:

He was in the 2016 playoffs for Tampa where he scored 14 pts in 17 games as a 19 year old. He was a beast back then. When we made the trade I really thought we hit a home run and had a perennial first liner on our hands. Its really disappointing that it has come to this.

Reactions: peate

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
The Habs didn't do, or likely didn't care to do the background check on Drouin before acquiring him.

I'm not gonna get into libel territory but he played in Halifax and it wasn't a quiet tenure.
Yes it is a huge huge fail on their part. Was a reaction trade due to language and it has been nothing short of a disaster.
I do not know of anything of him in halifax personally, but you aint the first to insinuate something. Where there is smoke, i am sure there is a fire.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
He was in the 2016 playoffs for Tampa where he scored 14 pts in 17 games as a 19 year old. He was a beast back then. When we made the trade I really thought we hit a home run and had a perennial first liner on our hands. Its really disappointing that it has come to this.
I thought like you as well, simply based on that playoffs, but hey we cant bat a 1000
Got the anderson being a master trade right though...lol

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Somewhere Drouin is in a safe space holding a teddy bear.

I dont believe he's physically sick. I think he's mentally vanquished.
It certainly seems that way.............feel bad for him, but if you can't cut it, then retire. The habs do not need a guy who is not fully engaged. That doesn't mean he has not been running around and seemingly trying, they need a guy of his talent to be engaged, skating and getting it DONE.
Any of us who have played team sports, know for a fact when the most talented player in the group doesn't really care, or try, to produce results, and is snarky about it............creates alot of trouble in the room, and for the team.

I think the comment, fired at that reporter, has caused a bigger stir for the team, than JD realizes.
When Ray Ferrero made his two cents known, boy as a player, he said he was not impressed with that comment.

Reactions: azcanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad