Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Redemption Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
This is such a moronic line of thought I cannot even begin to fathom how you can believe such things.

I honestly hope that you never struggle with mental health, that way of thinking is a very popular one and most people who think this way do not follow this reasoning in their general life.

Retirement or career changes are not easy feats, especially when it is something you are very passionate about.
What if you're passionate about something that requires dealing with the media and being in the spotlight?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Pretty plain to me, the incessant, sadistic attacks by bottom-feeding imbeciles has discouraged him to the point of not wanting to play anymore. When did Habs fans turn into such idiots?
To be fair, he had this trouble years ago in Halifax. If you want to be upset with someone, take Bergevin to task for bringing the kid into a no win situation....I wish him well, and also glad he is gone. It was destined to not work in Montreal.

Reactions: Miller Time

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
This is such a moronic line of thought I cannot even begin to fathom how you can believe such things.

I honestly hope that you never struggle with mental health, that way of thinking is a very popular one and most people who think this way do not follow this reasoning in their general life.

Retirement or career changes are not easy feats, especially when it is something you are very passionate about.

I'm depressive. Struggled thru university despite the content being relatively easy for me. Was lucky enough to be intelligent enough to succeed without studying. Will probably never achieve my maximal potential because of it. I grew up and today I understand that people have their own life and don't give a shit and i came to accept this.

Everyone work hard for their money and when they spend money they expect a result. I could have pursued a job with a big company. But i'm honest enough with myself to know it would not work. I work for a small company where i don't have any pressure whatsoever. I'm fine with it there's more to life than working and money.

What i find moronic is blaming people for complaining about not getting enough for their money. If JD is struggling with depression then i'M sad for him and wish him to get the help he needs. Doesn't change the fact that many low income families spend nearly all their entertainment budget to see the montreal canadiens once a year and they have the right to expect a result and complain if they don't get it.

Reactions: Miller Time

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
What if you're passionate about something that requires dealing with the media and being in the spotlight?
Doesn't change anything I said. People are still humans, medias need to look themselves in the mirror. Some fans too.

Besides, there's plenty of stars that don't have to deal with the level of stupidity that the Montreal media has. The Montreal 'spotlight' is not the same as a Dallas 'spotlight'.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
I'm depressive. Struggled thru university despite the content being relatively easy for me. Was lucky enough to be intelligent enough to succeed without studying. Will probably never achieve my maximal potential because of it. I grew up and today I understand that people have their own life and don't give a shit and i came to accept this.

Everyone work hard for their money and when they spend money they expect a result. I could have pursued a job with a big company. But i'm honest enough with myself to know it would not work. I work for a small company where i don't have any pressure whatsoever. I'm fine with it there's more to life than working and money.

What i find moronic is blaming people for complaining about not getting enough for their money. If JD is struggling with depression then i'M sad for him and wish him to get the help he needs. Doesn't change the fact that many low income families spend nearly all their entertainment budget to see the montreal canadiens once a year and they have the right to expect a result and complain if they don't get it.

There, you said it, you didn't quit university because of depression, you worked through it, so who are you to tell someone to give up and move on?

These people you speak of are free to take their money and spend it elsewhere if they don't like the product, that does not give them the rights to belittle and be complete assholes to players.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Doesn't change anything I said. People are still humans, medias need to look themselves in the mirror. Some fans too.

Besides, there's plenty of stars that don't have to deal with the level of stupidity that the Montreal media has. The Montreal 'spotlight' is not the same as a Dallas 'spotlight'.
Habs media once snuk into a hospital room to take a pic of Koivu after almost having his eye gouged out.....some real characters there eh....

Reactions: Habsddicted

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Habs media once snuk into a hospital room to take a pic of Koivu after almost having his eye gouged out.....some real characters there eh....
Yeah and people will say "that guy should have retired if he didn't want a picture snapped of him with his eye gouged out."

Reactions: BLONG7

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Lots of assholes and tools who bullied the kid, giving him the Desharnais/Brisebois/Richer treatment.

The Québécois among us who crapped non stop on him should especially be ashame of theirselves.
He was bad in the last 7 or 8 games but played well before that.
I don't understand why we should shit on one of us like that.

Reactions: boboche

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL

And there are stars that have to deal with more pressure than what we see here in Montreal. Not only do they deal with it, but they thrive in their respective sport and environment.

Overall, it does not matter though. I just wish him the best.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
And there are stars that have to deal with more pressure than what we see here in Montreal. Not only do they deal with it, but they thrive in their respective sport and environment.

Overall, it does not matter though. I just wish him the best.

Apples and oranges.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Lots of assholes and tools who bullied the kid, giving him the Desharnais/Brisebois/Richer treatment.

The Québécois among us who crapped non stop on him should especially be ashame of theirselves.
We all should be able to watch a game, and critique a players efforts...............my take has always been to not care where they are from.................BC, NS, Que, Ont, finland, russia etc
I never ever have looked at it that way. It just doesn't matter......and it shouldn't to everyone.....

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This thread is big oof territory.

Yeah, its so hard to make a career change when you have all the resources in the world, lmao. Get real, Drouin is the boss of his own life, he's the only reason things are going the way they are going.

Everybody struggles with mental health in some way, its quite ironic to go out of your way to insult the poster though.

Pretty plain to me, the incessant, sadistic attacks by bottom-feeding imbeciles has discouraged him to the point of not wanting to play anymore. When did Habs fans turn into such idiots?

And you don't see the irony into insulting people with sadistic attack like a bottom-feeding imbecile... ?

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015

This sugar-coats things somewhat. 2 goals, in spite of a pretty decent number of assists, was downright atrocious...he was blowing a couple of grade-A scoring chances just about every game. Add that to his constant turnovers, the pillow-soft nature of his game, and cluelessness in his own end....and the man deserved his fair share of critique. The view through rose-colored glasses due to sympathy doesn't fly with me....and FFS that whole Quebecois angle is downright sickening. A player who's playing so shitty he's hurting the team deserves to be treated a certain way by coaches and fans alike, no matter their name or where they are from. Whether you are a Drouin or a Gomez SHOULD NOT MATTER; until that's true, this team will continue to fail. No premium, nor penalty, should be placed on any player because they are French Canadian. Drouin was overvalued in trade because of his name, and was grossly overpaid because of his name...that was a problem. But the ass-kicking he's taken for playing terrible hockey over much of this season? That was in line with what Galchenyuk and Gomez got before him, so fair game IMO.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

You can add Danault too.

It is terrible for quebec born players to play for the habs.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
This sugar-coats things somewhat. 2 goals, in spite of a pretty decent number of assists, was downright atrocious...he was blowing a couple of grade-A scoring chances just about every game. Add that to his constant turnovers, the pillow-soft nature of his game, and cluelessness in his own end....and the man deserved his fair share of critique. The view through rose-colored glasses due to sympathy doesn't fly with me....and FFS that whole Quebecois angle is downright sickening. A player who's playing so shitty he's hurting the team deserves to be treated a certain way by coaches and fans alike, no matter their name or where they are from. Whether you are a Drouin or a Gomez SHOULD NOT MATTER; until that's true, this team will continue to fail. No premium, nor penalty, should be placed on any player because they are French Canadian. Drouin was overvalued in trade because of his name, and was grossly overpaid because of his name...that was a problem. But the ass-kicking he's taken for playing terrible hockey over much of this season? That was in line with what Galchenyuk and Gomez got before him, so fair game IMO.

It's not his f***ing fault is Bergevin did a stupid move bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad