Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Redemption Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
he's been mostly a disaster, and yes to some extent, he's been derailed by injuries. But the hype was too much and he hasn't done anything remotely close for that contract (bergevin's fault) and fans are mostly justified in expecting more from a top 6 winger with skill. He's just overmatched, overthinking games, no compete, no jam...he's not what habs need. He was mostly success that year that shaw and domi pulled him into battle..and he was ok for a bit with suzuki and Anderson, but he's a tool with no toolbox.

Bergevin needs to target another team's under-performer and try for an Anderson type deal. Caufield has Drouin's spot, he's not needed

No he has not been "derailed by injuries". Look at Gallagher. He gets hurt every year. Injuries are excuses for weaklings. Drouin has had one injury? Geez.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Seems to save some face, in that they talk about an UBI or LBI and create space for Caufield to take his spot in the top 6....................Drouin just might be out for the next couple of weeks....

Reactions: sbhatt

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I knew that they would never just scratch him because he is a core piece you know, he is our Panarin, our Kane. They had to say that he was ill. This organization won't go anywhere until the political crap goes away and the people that build and coach the team can focus on that alone.
We are now what, 27-28 years no Cup?
Sad...Sad...Sad.
It's all so freaking stupid.
There are times we all get ourselves in trouble talking about it, and I don't know why. Most on this board just want the Habs to win, it's not a french or english thing at all.
I remember being a kid, and the Habs won the Cup almost easily duing the 70's ( yes I am old ) there was never any mention of this crap...............and they had amazing french players ( who actually wanted to be there ) and amazing english players, and coaches and GM.
In the words of Al Davis................Just Win Baby!!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We are now what, 27-28 years no Cup?
Sad...Sad...Sad.
It's all so freaking stupid.
There are times we all get ourselves in trouble talking about it, and I don't know why. Most on this board just want the Habs to win, it's not a french or english thing at all.
I remember being a kid, and the Habs won the Cup almost easily duing the 70's ( yes I am old ) there was never any mention of this crap...............and they had amazing french players ( who actually wanted to be there ) and amazing english players, and coaches and GM.
In the words of Al Davis................Just Win Baby!!
If I was from Quebec, it wouldn't give me an overwhelming sense of pride to see Jonathan Drouin and Marc Bergevin kept in a job just because of where they were born. If they suck, they suck and we need to move on from them. If the criteria remains the same then at least try and look for the best possible players, coaches and management, don't just settle for anyone just because it meets a quota.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
IIRC, Drouin actually didn’t have a great playoffs as a whole. He turned it on statistically last few games of the Philly series but overall was quiet I think.

Yeah posters keep saying he had a good playoffs last season and I don’t think he did either. He had 2 good games with Suzuki at the end that accounted for 4 of his 7 points. Watching the first 8 games I didn’t think he played well at all.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Yeah posters keep saying he had a good playoffs last season and I don’t think he did either. He had 2 good games with Suzuki at the end that accounted for 4 of his 7 points. Watching the first 8 games I didn’t think he played well at all.

He was OK. Points don't mean everything.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
He was OK. Points don't mean everything.

They definitely don’t. But outside of not producing much in those 8 games I didn’t think he was that good.

Drouin is also the type of player who, if he isn’t producing on the score sheet, doesn’t add much else to the team.

Last edited:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
They definitely don’t. But outside of not producing much in those 8 games I didn’t think he was that good.

Drouin is also the type of player who, if he isn’t producing on the score sheet, doesn’t add much else to the team.

This is my biggest issue with Drouin. His fake engagement doesnt qualify on the grit scale at all. He has zero contributions overall to the team. Only producing offense, and he's terrible at that. He would probably make the Canadian Olympic figure skating team though.

Reactions: cphabs

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Wonder what non covid illness he could possibly have that hasn't affected anyone else and has left him incapable of playing two crucial games.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
This is my biggest issue with Drouin. His fake engagement doesnt qualify on the grit scale at all. He has zero contributions overall to the team. Only producing offense, and he's terrible at that. He would probably make the Canadian Olympic figure skating team though.
Funny :laugh: he isn’t good enough to be a figure skater, try watching them once in a while they are far superior and his backwards skating is horrendous

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
Wonder what non covid illness he could possibly have that hasn't affected anyone else and has left him incapable of playing two crucial games.

Heart issue: he has none

(Could easily replace heart with balls and be just as right)

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
No he has not been "derailed by injuries". Look at Gallagher. He gets hurt every year. Injuries are excuses for weaklings. Drouin has had one injury? Geez.
I'm not defending Drouin but injuries can absolutely be a legitimate excuse. They aren't an "excuse for weaklings" you sound childish saying something like that. Gallagher has 100% been taken down by his injuries but he worked through them. His shot was not even half as good for a while after breaking both hands. People were saying he was declining. Again i'm not defending Drouin because I don't think injuries but still.

Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad