Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 5

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Agreed.............Suzuki and Caufield seemed to do quite well, with a bottom feeder so far.

Drou was just a failed experiment, period....and it's on him unless you ask him, and he thinks it's not on him, and has his excuses ready. He just did not get it done...........
A cautionary tale about the perils of continuing the flawed and imbalanced efforts to secure home town heroes.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yes. Ironic isn’t it. And so predictable.
Absolutely predictable.............that being said, the two players are vastly different.
I don't get that sense of entitlement from PLD, although he has had a checkered past already with the two NHL teams he has played for.
Big two way 60 pt guy who is built for the NHL. Drouin was never anything but a dipsy doodle kind of character and got away with it, until The Big Show.

It’s over.
Let a kid like RHP take his spot for 1.2M instead.........wall to wall effort instead of lazy no effort....

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Absolutely predictable.............that being said, the two players are vastly different.
I don't get that sense of entitlement from PLD, although he has had a checkered past already with the two NHL teams he has played for.
Big two way 60 pt guy who is built for the NHL.
Drouin was never anything but a dipsy doodle kind of character and got away with it, until The Big Show.

Let a kid like RHP take his spot for 1.2M instead.........wall to wall effort instead of lazy no effort....
Did you happen to watch Winnipeg's last two games before being eliminated? He was completely disengaged. His coach's post-game rant after elimination was one for the ages.

Very inconsistent effort levels from PLD and there's a large sample size to go off. It will frustrate the hell out of Habs fans.

Drouin's gone. It will be interesting to see what his next contract looks like.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
What’s the upside ? I’ve seen enough of Drouin. I don’t want him , even for a minimum AHL contract . I’m sure Hughes feels the same

The upsides?
A 40/50 points player on a cheap ass contract, and he's also one of like 5 players who can complete a goddamn pass

Drouin has issues, like, he's never healthy, doesn't backcheck and he doesn't fight along the boards, but 2.5M AAV is nothing and we could maybe flip him if the need for that is there

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The upsides?
A 40/50 points player on a cheap ass contract, and he's also one of like 5 players who can complete a goddamn pass

Drouin has issues, like, he's never healthy, doesn't backcheck and he doesn't fight along the boards, but 2.5M AAV is nothing and we could maybe flip him if the need for that is there
Drouin hasn't hit 50 points in Four Years, and do you know what else he hasn't done in those 4 years? He couldn't even get to 30 points...

You say yourself, he's never healthy, he doesn't backcheck, doesn't fight along the boards??? Uhh Shit that's 3 strikes RIGHT there bud (among many others)... But you... inexplicaply.. STILL want to sign such a player..? I just can't make sense of that

But the obvious is and i still cant believe people can't understand this, it's not about the money with Drouin anymore, we're finally out of THAT, it's purely about : look, there's just no room for him anymore either. We've got a couple of AHL kid's graduating in RHP and Ylonen, on top of still sadly having a couple of anchor contracts that are difficult to move.

The "relationship" has run it's course, simple as that. It's time for both parties to move on, and they obviously will.

(For the love of god, do not reply lol, this thread needs to return to the shadows.. peacefully)

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...ol' Johnny Floaty's time as a Hab is done!!...

dealwithit.gif

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Drouin hasn't hit 50 points in Four Years, and do you know what else he hasn't done in those 4 years? He couldn't even get to 30 points...

You say yourself, he's never healthy, he doesn't backcheck, doesn't fight along the boards??? Uhh Shit that's 3 strikes RIGHT there bud (among many others)... But you... inexplicaply.. STILL want to sign such a player..? I just can't make sense of that

But the obvious is and i still cant believe people can't understand this, it's not about the money with Drouin anymore, we're finally out of THAT, it's purely about : look, there's just no room for him anymore either. We've got a couple of AHL kid's graduating in RHP and Ylonen, on top of still sadly having a couple of anchor contracts that are difficult to move.

The "relationship" has run it's course, simple as that. It's time for both parties to move on, and they obviously will.

(For the love of god, do not reply lol, this thread needs to return to the shadows.. peacefully)

Drouin doesn't live in my head, I can appreciate the fact that he's one of our best 9 forwards we have right now, and if he's willing to sign up here for cheap, I'd do it hands down

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Raphael Harvey Pinard .58 PPG, plays with Suzuki

Jonathan Drouin .50 PPG plays with scrubs

Just sayin'...

iBfELkB.png

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Drouin is a pretty good player. The problem is that his defence, effort, and physicality are poor so he pretty much has to play top 6, or even top line, to be worthwhile and he’s not that good. He’s a very good player with a minimal nhl fit.

He might have a role on a team of huge unskilled guys, but that would be a bad team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad