Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 5

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
No words can describe how relieved I am to never have to watch Drouin on this team again.

Hopefully he gets a chance to prove himself elsewhere and keeps the mental fortitude to keep his demons away.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Man let's get rid of this thread and end the Drou-Drou era once and for all.
And miss out on whatever else he'll be doing? :sarcasm:

AVCGhyK.gif

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
So Drouin flat out admitted he was never really a centreman and that he couldn’t handle being one the first years when he was anointed it.

Pretty much what many people were saying when that idiotic trade was made but of course our genius Gm thought otherwise cuz, you know, he was the smartest guy in the room.

Thanks Bozovin for running this franchise to the ground. But at least he was “well respected by other GM’s around the league” and he was “learning from his mistakes” and “winning all his trades” or so his friends in the media were trying to force feed us.

F**n moron.
There are many Drouins out there. I never liked the trade. Always viewed Serg as the next Markov, but obviously Bozovin was on the hot seat and had to bring in some french player. The irony was that a fan favourite was traded a year earlier because of their off-ice issues and a certain Drouin seemed to be more of a basket case. Anyways what's done is done. If they bring back Drou Drou and don't give another chance to Gurianov, you might as well throw the towel even @ HuGo. No one wants a Drou Drou on their team, no heart, over inflated ego, hot and cold situations. Great example for their youngsters.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Jul 6, 2016
Drouin has mentioned in a recent article that the Ovechkin's hit on him was the turning point of his career....

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
See this is the thing, this is exactly why people lament the disappointment of the trade. Because we never got what was expected from such an obviously skilled player. However you're coming off as if he's not only not talented but rather that he never was.

He came in hyped as a junior went to Tampa played well, and then had a fallout with the bolts and got himself traded here for a fan favourite, with these expectations of some sort of french saviour (which was completely unfair) but never materialized and now through that disappointment people are looking for their pound of flesh. We get it, we're all disappointed with the result, but to say he has no talent is mind boggling to me. Nevermind the character assasination that goes on here on this site of another human being. Hence the frustration.

Disregard the final message on last video, it's not my narrative. Just trying to express the disappointment of what could have been.

Well, that should put the bullshit nonsense about 5 highlights to rest, but something tells me it won’t.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Feel bad for Drouin. I have a soft spot for anyone suffering mental illness. I feel like a lot of fans here unnecessarily turned this personal. His family was being threatened and harassed, he lost his mind and may have even been suicidal for a time. I’m sorry, but that’s bigger than the game for me and because of that I’ve probably defended Drouin more than his play warrants.

I hope he lands on his feet somewhere, but there’s no chance of that happening here imo. It’s time to move on. Not only is it better for the Habs, but it’s better for the player too.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Feel bad for Drouin. I have a soft spot for anyone suffering mental illness. I feel like a lot of fans here unnecessarily turned this personal. His family was being threatened and harassed, he lost his mind and may have even been suicidal for a time. I’m sorry, but that’s bigger than the game for me and because of that I’ve probably defended Drouin more than his play warrants.

I hope he lands on his feet somewhere, but there’s no chance of that happening here imo. It’s time to move on. Not only is it better for the Habs, but it’s better for the player too.
Agreed.....................lazy uninspired play is one thing..........personal attacks make no sense, keep it to hockey.
Habs should have been able to eat some salary and trade him for peanuts.....his first two seasons were so so and his last four seasons were beyond awful. He should have been long gone if this was what was going on behind the scenes.............some say it was just more excuses....

Who knows.............all behind him and more importantly all behind us.....

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Agreed.....................lazy uninspired play is one thing..........personal attacks make no sense, keep it to hockey.
Habs should have been able to eat some salary and trade him for peanuts.....his first two seasons were so so and his last four seasons were beyond awful. He should have been long gone if this was what was going on behind the scenes.............some say it was just more excuses....

Who knows.............all behind him and more importantly all behind us.....
I don’t think it was excuses. It was reality, he was suffering for sure.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I don’t think it was excuses. It was reality, he was suffering for sure.
When you go through depression your ability to focus and live in the moment takes a real hit. Not sure if that was his deal but he does seem to have trouble focusing on the moment. I notice the same in Armia, lots of talent but seems to drift off task.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
When you go through depression your ability to focus and live in the moment takes a real hit. Not sure if that was his deal but he does seem to have trouble focusing on the moment. I notice the same in Armia, lots of talent but seems to drift off task.

It's all good but i wish Malakhov would have got the same treatment cause he looked exactly like a guy who was suffering from depression. The we need to talk about mental illness will need to apply to all nationality of players moving forward.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's all good but i wish Malakhov would have got the same treatment cause he looked exactly like a guy who was suffering from depression. The we need to talk about mental illness will need to apply to all nationality of players moving forward.
That was 25 years ago. Things were different, but that has nothing to do with nationality, and all to do with, well, 25 years ago.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
He never seemed to take responsibility for his poor play......his attitudes towards being called out became arrogant at times ( look at da second column comment )

Anyhow, he's gone.....good luck else where JD.
I wish him well as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad