Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 5

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The only way I'd sign Drouin is at league minimum for one year as an experiment to see how he'd react to not having any expectations. Worst comes to worst, he lives out that year in Laval.

I'd rather give Gurianov a shot at rounding out his game. Gurianov would have to transform his board battles and the things that lead him to turn the puck over. But those seem to me to be transformable aspects of a player's game.

Drouin's errant passes and soft as molasses board play seem to me to be who is and unfixable at this point in his career.

Plus RHP and Ylonen need spots, and we already have useless veterans Gallagher, Hoffman, and Armia getting in the way. Hopefully after not too long, Hoffman and Armia are regulars in the press box.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnTheBaptist

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
I'd rather give Gurianov a shot at rounding out his game. Gurianov would have to transform his board battles and the thing that lead him to turn the puck over. But those seem to me to be transformable aspects of a players game.

Drouin's errant passes and soft as molasses board play seem to me to be who is and unfixable at this point in his career.

Plus RHP and Ylonen need spots, and we already have useless versions Gallagher, Hoffman, and Armia getting in the way. Hopefully after not too long, Hoffman and Armia are regulars in the press box.

Reactions: Runner77

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
It’s the end of an era. Drou-Drou is officially gone.

Another one hits the dust. 3 more garbages to go.

DEF4AA4B-FECD-4032-BF1E-CAD2703D88FA.jpeg

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Always liked him, looks like genuinely good person, was great with the CHUM and his community work.

Full of talent but unfortunate injuries and mental illness prevented him of fulfilling his potential in Montreal.

Wish him the best with Nathan, could be a fun line to watch again!

Reactions: GrandBison

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Always liked him, looks like genuinely good person, was great with the CHUM and his community work.

Full of talent but unfortunate injuries and mental illness prevented him of fulfilling his potential in Montreal.

Wish him the best with Nathan, could be a fun line to watch again!
Was having his best moments before that Ovechkin injury. Too bad. Good luck to him with the Avs.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Good luck Jonathan. Not your fault that we sacrificied a stud D for the dream that you would play Centre position, we had an idiot GM that could not find them otherwise. I wish it would have worked out but it didn't.

• Haha
Reactions: CrAzYNiNe and expy

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Ironic considering there's an active thread going with over 4K replies talking about PLD - a career ~60 point player so far. It sounds like other fans here don't agree
Iconic? The Sergachev trade was Iconic and will always be. It’s not even f***ing done yet! Sergachev just turned 25 and had a 64 point campaign! As a f***ing defenseman…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad