Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 5

expy

Nov 2, 2010
6th or 7th rounder for him? He's kinda running up his trade value according to some people since he's showing some "fight".

Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Running up his trade value simply means maybe now a team takes a chance at him. Still think he is immovable.

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Wonder if he a team will sign in summer 2023. Can't see a 50 points forward being passed on for all his flaws.

Something like a prove me 1*1M$ contract (which I doubt will change something in Jonathan's game).

I don't see the new direction keeping Drouin, that's a given.

Reactions: Habs13

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Wonder if he a team will sign in summer 2023. Can't see a 50 points forward being passed on for all his flaws.

Something like a prove me 1*1M$ contract (which I doubt will change something in Jonathan's game).

I don't see the new direction keeping Drouin, that's a given.
Thinking he could get bought out this summer...

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If Habs can trade Drouin like a Galchenyuk-Domi deal, that would be good.

I like Drouin and I think if Habs can be good at circle the puck, Drouin will be shine... but yeah, it's time to move on. But like I said, Drouin isn't the 1st guy I would trade, for sure.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
I'm genuinely intrigued to see Drouin play under MSL.
I was probably going to add a comment about hopefully he'll be traded but I hadn't thought of this. It's a short sample size so far but Marty has the team playing far more offensive than before. I'm still unsure if I want him moving forward, but I don't see how it could hurt to let him build his value and enjoyment of the game under this new 'system without being a system' idea.

Reactions: Gyfu

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I was probably going to add a comment about hopefully he'll be traded but I hadn't thought of this. It's a short sample size so far but Marty has the team playing far more offensive than before. I'm still unsure if I want him moving forward, but I don't see how it could hurt to let him build his value and enjoyment of the game under this new 'system without being a system' idea.
Trading him right now makes no sense IMO.

I don't think teams are lining up to acquire him.

The smartest thing to do would be to keep him around for the moment.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I'd also be curious to see Drouin with MSL but I'm worried his best days are behind him.

He's missed so many games over the past few years. Now he's out "indefinitely" with another wrist injury and a whole month has gone by with no updates.

Is it like a chronic thing at this point and he's trying to manage pain? Why else would there be no timeline for recovery?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'd also be curious to see Drouin with MSL but I'm worried his best days are behind him.

He's missed so many games over the past few years. Now he's out "indefinitely" with another wrist injury and a whole month has gone by with no updates.

Is it like a chronic thing at this point and he's trying to manage pain? Why else would there be no timeline for recovery?
Apparently, it's not the same wrist...

And he was not even that bad this year if you go down the entire lineup...

He has the best P/GP ratio on the team now that Toffoli was traded.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Apparently, it's not the same wrist...

And he was not even that bad this year if you go down the entire lineup...

He has the best P/GP ratio on the team now that Toffoli was traded.

Yep, I think the issue with Drouin is that is has talent, quick hands, good skating but can't seem to be able to handle pressure (and gets injured occasionally). I could see him being traded in the offseason to a team close to the cap floor. However he seems to fit perfectly in the style of team Hughes wants to build so let us see.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yep, I think the issue with Drouin is that is has talent, quick hands, good skating but can't seem to be able to handle pressure (and gets injured occasionally). I could see him being traded in the offseason to a team close to the cap floor. However he seems to fit perfectly in the style of team Hughes wants to build so let us see.
Probably the best scenario would be him playing great next season and we move him at the TDL for a great return.

Reactions: DAChampion

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Agreed but since new management seems to want to clean house and shed salary I could see a trade happening
They'll move him for sure if they get a good deal, I just don't think they'll get a good deal right now so we'll definitely be blessed with another Drouin's season next October. :nod:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
They'll move him for sure if they get a good deal, I just don't think they'll get a good deal right now so we'll definitely be blessed with another Drouin's season next October. :nod:

I would not be so sure : OTT traded for Stepan hoping to flip him at the next TDL for more + I think it made sure OTT reached the floor if I remember correctly. So you can always have hope (but overall I agree a valuable trade offer is unlikely). ;)

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I would not be so sure : OTT traded for Stepan hoping to flip him at the next TDL for more + I think it made sure OTT reached the floor if I remember correctly. So you can always have hope (but overall I agree a valuable trade offer is unlikely). ;)
Plot twist!

He comes back plays great under MSL and gets an extension! :laugh:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
8x9 and produces at a 1.5 PPG for the 8 years of his contract ? Do we live in the same world ? :D
I have an even better scenario, Drouin has a great season and decides he's a Habs for life and takes less money. Signs at 5M$ for 8 years and goes berserk for the entire contract! :thumbu::laugh:

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Probably the best scenario would be him playing great next season and we move him at the TDL for a great return.
Best scenario would be to trade him before nexr season so his value doesn't drip further.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad