Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 5

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Tampa is still in the playoff but here after 6 years the result of Drouin vs Sergachev

Jonathan Drouin : 69 goals 170 assists 239 points in 394 games -90 // Playoffs 1 goal 6 assists 7 points in 10 games
Awards : none

Mikael Sergachev 46 goals 192 assists 238 points in 439 games +62 // Playoffs 8 goals 23 assists 31 points in 93 games
Awards : 2 Stanley cup

What a great trade to get our 1st Center.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Tampa is still in the playoff but here after 6 years the result of Drouin vs Sergachev

Jonathan Drouin : 69 goals 170 assists 239 points in 394 games -90 // Playoffs 1 goal 6 assists 7 points in 10 games
Awards : none

Mikael Sergachev 46 goals 192 assists 238 points in 439 games +62 // Playoffs 8 goals 23 assists 31 points in 93 games
Awards : 2 Stanley cup

What a great trade to get our 1st Center.
I feel it needs to be mentioned …
Drouin- played for a bottom feeding team several years hence ten playoff games.
Sergachev would have VERY different numbers if he didn’t play on a dynasty where he was sheltered his first three years. It would help fans to remember this.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sergachev would have VERY different numbers if he didn’t play on a dynasty where he was sheltered his first three years. It would help fans to remember this.
Drouin missed the Habs Cup run just two years ago............Caufield and Suzuki and many others have played more playoff games than Drou......
Stop making excuses for his poor play.
It's over....

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Drouin missed the Habs Cup run just two years ago............Caufield and Suzuki and many others have played more playoff games than Drou......
Stop making excuses for his poor play.
It's over....
His playoff play was great. He still played on a team that had missed the playoffs more years than not. And sergachev is on a dynasty. Those are facts. I’m not making excuses for his play. I’m providing context

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Seems his shot wasn't the same after the injury
It was far more than just his shot. Drouin was making a concerted effort to become more engaged in the play that season. (read go into high traffic areas)
The Ovechin hit was a result of that and I remember talking about it at the time. Jonathan Drouin was never going to have the fortitude to become what was expected of him. Sad but true and just another example of our previous regime's inability to assess Pro Talent Properly.

His playoff play was great. He still played on a team that had missed the playoffs more years than not. And sergachev is on a dynasty. Those are facts. I’m not making excuses for his play. I’m providing context
Unfortunately he was a fifth wheel there and never progressed beyond a fifth wheel here.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Yea, that penalty shot in OT he had in the play-in against Pittsburgh was great.
he completely f***ed up, as expected

This is probably his most popular playoff highlight.

It was so bad that the NHL left out that attempt in their game summary video.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Redux91 and Rapala

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sad but true and just another example of our previous regime's inability to assess Pro Talent Properly.
This can be best continued in the Ops thread but several of those who scouted/ made recommendations and/or may have been relied upon in greenlighting Drouin are likely still part of the organization.

Jul 6, 2016
Seems his shot wasn't the same after the injury
He said the injury did not happen on that contact with Ovechkin but later in that same game. But the hit really was stamped in his mind at that point and since then.

My other rumour is that BargainBin is coming back as GM and President and head of player development
I would not be surprised if Bergevin is hired by Mario Lemieux (his good buddy) to be GM in Pittsburg.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
His playoff was great??? He missed the entire playoff run? Fact is..........they were a better club without him.
Just for context....
Will say it again, he is gone.....it's now water under a bridge. The trade was a failure.
Sergachev is on a good team because the GM knew what he was doing, unlike ours.

Reactions: Redux91

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Sergachev leading Tampa Bay D's in ice-time after two periods.

That trade keeps on giving.

Sergachev is only 24, starting an 8 years contract with TB next year and likely will end up as their "franchise" defenseman over that time period.

If Drouin doesn't retire, he'll be a journeyman trying to resurrect his career between bottom feeders and contenders who need cheap depth.

The trade was a win for Tampa from year 1. It has never looked good for Montreal and the result is going to look more one-sided each year that passes.

The GM responsible for the trade isn't with the org anymore. Drouin probably won't be starting next Summer. Better rip the band-aid off and accept that this team gave away an elite young defenseman for almost nothing.

Ohh... Sergachev would fit so well with the rebuild too :(

Reactions: expy

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
HFhabs favorite whipping boy... I am waiting with baited breathe to either gasp in excitement or frustration regarding the " Habs will not resign JD " Or " Habs ink JD to 3year 2.5million hit" on the score app...

Until then I'll continue to pray to the hockey gods that the leafs lose tonight so I can enjoy those leaf tears!

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Sergachev made Tampa Bay better on the Pp and helping Hedman eating important minutes during Playoffs while Drouin was supposed to be our top center and couldn't make it as a top player.

I find it unfair to say that Drouin had no team when he was saild to be the top forward of the team and failed

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sergachev made Tampa Bay better on the Pp and helping Hedman eating important minutes during Playoffs while Drouin was supposed to be our top center and couldn't make it as a top player.

I find it unfair to say that Drouin had no team when he was saild to be the top forward of the team and failed
Agreed.............Suzuki and Caufield seemed to do quite well, with a bottom feeder so far.

Drou was just a failed experiment, period....and it's on him unless you ask him, and he thinks it's not on him, and has his excuses ready. He just did not get it done...........

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Umm… when Drouin was being developed by Tampa? He went insane by refusing to follow the franchise’s plan. So, Yzerman traded Drouin for? An 18 year old 6’2 extremely mobile defenseman… who followed Tampa’s development process.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad