Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Drouin to either a small market or as far away from the QC media is best for him, assuming his LTIR is due to the assumptions we're all making.

I haven't looked at all their rosters, but I'm sure a number of western teams could use more secondary scoring.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I mean Drouin was a 20/21 year old that came off an excellent playoff performance and a 53 point regular season. He just didn’t progress any further offensively. You can say that’s our scouting department’s fault for not being able to properly evaluate offensive potential. They also had the braindead idea of trying to turn him into a centre.

I’d also like to evaluate Sergachev away from Tampa. Let’s see how he does playing for Russia internationally, as an example. He’s completely sheltered now. Not just by being the #3, but being on an elite puck possession team. Not sure how he’d be on the 1st pairing in Montréal, had he stayed.

To be fair, you can also say the same about Drouin's 53 points with them.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Drouin does not produce .777 that is some serious cherry picking there...

It's in reference to his playoff performance. He produced .700 last year and .824 last playoffs with Tampa. His Junior years were elite in the playoffs as well

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
And it would've been great if he panned out and didn'nt screw his hand. Imagine MB (or any other) come to you for a potential quebec star that speaks french... the negotiation power was not on MB's side... need it because fanbase want more quebec boys, pay...
I would'nt have done it but maybe Molson said to do it to sell more beer, your boss ask, you say no? Then throw him under the bus when it flashback?

I'm sad Sergachev is gone. I hope Drouin has a good camp and then gets traded to it's real value. Playing good offer options for the trade.

You don't tell your boss no, but you don't let him tell you how to do it, either. Either Bergevin did a stupid thing for his boss or he completely missed on his evaluation of Sergachev. Either way it was visibly optimistic and unrealistic at the time, and only got worse when they tried to get him to play center, and worse the longer they tried. As with Gomez they should have taken advantage of the fact that the other team really wanted to make a deal rather than pathetically losing the trade.

Reactions: iamtalbot

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Drouin for Zacha?
Drouin for Patrick?
Drouin for Tolvanen+?
Drouin for Debrusk (won't happen lol)?
Drouin+ for Hanifin?
Drouin ++ for Ristolainen?
Drouin for Crouse +?

Nothing sexy here but I'm trying to find under achiever prospects...

I'd prefer to keep him but he wants out of Montreal for sure...

Drouin + 1st round pick 2021 for Ristolainen might be make some sense...

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I'd rather not mess with anything related to the line up of the team. The players all have good chemistry together right now and I'd rather he not come back at this point unless some need came up due to injury.

If due to some crazy chance we beat VGK or Col , I hope to frig he won't try to come back just to get his name on the cup. Again unless we have a need for him.

Seems at this time, we do not need him back.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I'd rather not mess with anything related to the line up of the team. The players all have good chemistry together right now and I'd rather he not come back at this point unless some need came up due to injury.

If due to some crazy chance we beat VGK or Col , I hope to frig he won't try to come back just to get his name on the cup. Again unless we have a need for him.

Seems at this time, we do not need him back.
Caufield does Drouin's job and then some. He's way more dangerous, with his shot and crisp passes. If Caufield isn't there to produce the offense Drouin was supposed to produce, we wouldn't be where we are right now.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Drouin for Zacha?
Drouin for Patrick?
Drouin for Tolvanen+?
Drouin for Debrusk (won't happen lol)?
Drouin+ for Hanifin?
Drouin ++ for Ristolainen?
Drouin for Crouse +?

Nothing sexy here but I'm trying to find under achiever prospects...

I'd prefer to keep him but he wants out of Montreal for sure...

Drouin + 1st round pick 2021 for Ristolainen might be make some sense...
I would seriously bite Drouin for Patrick.
I don't think Ristolainen is worth a 1st pick for Drouin.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Sucks that he couldn't put it together because we need a talented speedy forward to replace Tatar.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Drouin to either a small market or as far away from the QC media is best for him, assuming his LTIR is due to the assumptions we're all making.

I haven't looked at all their rosters, but I'm sure a number of western teams could use more secondary scoring.
Sorry, the guy had 2 goals this year, and thinks that;s ok....Corey Perry had a 2 goal game this season....just saying.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Nolan Patrick? He's one good hit away unfortunately from retiring

thats better then drouin who is a tweet from retiring.

decaprio.gif

Reactions: tazsub3

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Straight up for Floaty??...who??

I mentioned it earlier from a couple source that I think it came out later as welll, Drouin was gone 1-1 for Mantha till the last minute.

mantha who isn’t that much better, still a guy that has a possibility to be good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad