Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
JD will be gone and some of the money will be used to bring back danault and appease the locals.
One who quit on his team gone and one who put all on the line in the playoffs will be the narrative .

just a prediction. not more nor less

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would like to see Drouin back with the Habs once he gets his head straight. I think addressing the mental health issues will bode well for him in the future. I still see the talent.

The only thing that Drouin has going for him is that he was good in his last 2 postseasons.

That's a small sample size. But we've seen recently some players are much better in the post season (Armia, Staal, Perry, KK, Lehkonen) and some players are much worse (Tatar, Anderson (though Anderson didn't finish the regular season well).

Still, 27 games is a small sample size. I'd rather take my chances somewhere else with that 5.5M in cap space.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
The only thing that Drouin has going for him is that he was good in his last 2 postseasons.

That's a small sample size. But we've seen recently some players are much better in the post season (Armia, Staal, Perry, KK, Lehkonen) and some players are much worse (Tatar, Anderson (though Anderson didn't finish the regular season well).

Still, 27 games is a small sample size. I'd rather take my chances somewhere else with that 5.5M in cap space.
Anderson hasn't been that bad. He hasn't produced, but he hasn't been a detriment.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anderson hasn't been that bad. He hasn't produced, but he hasn't been a detriment.

after the first 13 games of the regular season:
Regular season: 39gp, 8g, 5a, 13 points and -16
Playoffs: 11gp, 1g, 0a, 1 point and -4

So in his last 50gp, he has 9g, 6a, for 14 poitns, and is -20.

He's basically playing the ryan reeves role for us in the post season.

Last edited:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I would like to see Drouin back with the Habs once he gets his head straight. I think addressing the mental health issues will bode well for him in the future. I still see the talent.
By God, why?

You're watching the Habs playing this stifling defensive style deep into the playoffs and you have the impression this team needs a Drouin?

All I can think of is how much better this 5,5 million cap hit could be used to get us closer to a genuine contender.

Reactions: mols47

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
JD will be gone and some of the money will be used to bring back danault and appease the locals.
One who quit on his team gone and one who put all on the line in the playoffs will be the narrative .

just a prediction. not more nor less

Am I a weirdo to think that bringing back Drouin would actually be a good story for the team, especially if it's mental health or family related?

As in, they support their players beyond on-ice issues, and recognise the impact such issues can have on players and respect it. + if he feels better next year and wants to play hockey, he's actually pretty good.

Reactions: angry pirate

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Am I a weirdo to think that bringing back Drouin would actually be a good story for the team, especially if it's mental health or family related?

As in, they support their players beyond on-ice issues, and recognise the impact such issues can have on players and respect it. + if he feels better next year and wants to play hockey, he's actually pretty good.
For the next season. Yeah I would do. Not in those playoff game thought.? Especially cause his value market should be very low right now around the league.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Unfortunately I just think it's time to turn the page with Jo, it just didn't work for him here!
If we can get something for him, great let's move on!

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

Sure would be, but i dont see it this way, i see the player gave up on team once demoted to 4h line and all the mental health stories are just a cover up. He left during warm up. and i think team did not want him any more
But of course it is pure speculation . i have no info beyond what is out there.

Reactions: themilosh and abo9

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
For the next season. Yeah I would do. Not in those playoff game thought.? Especially cause his value market should be very low right now around the league.

nono not for the playoffs - too much of a distraction - keep things as stable as possible (cant control injuries though).

Sure would be, but i dont see it this way, i see the player gave up on team once demoted to 4h line and all the mental health stories are just a cover up. He left during warm up. and i think team did not want him any more
But of course it is pure speculation . i have no info beyond what is out there.

That's possible. I think he gave up on himself before the team, but it's also pure speculation. Not a guy I was thrilled to have based on his attitude in Tampa, but I always thought he could wake up and string a great season.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
By God, why?

You're watching the Habs playing this stifling defensive style deep into the playoffs and you have the impression this team needs a Drouin?

All I can think of is how much better this 5,5 million cap hit could be used to get us closer to a genuine contender.
I'll bet he's already asked to be traded and they're keeping it quiet until after playoffs. No way he's back. No way.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Habs need to get rid of this guy. He is just taking up 5.5m in cap space and does nothing for us. Too many damn chances for him too. We need his cap to get another useful winger I would actually like to get Brandon Saad and this is a long shot Ovy or Hall but I expect both those players resigning with Washington and Boston.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Habs need to get rid of this guy. He is just taking up 5.5m in cap space and does nothing for us. Too many damn chances for him too. We need his cap to get another useful winger I would actually like to get Brandon Saad and this is a long shot Ovy or Hall but I expect both those players resigning with Washington and Boston.

...both Mikael Granlund and Jaden Schwartz are hitting UFA; Habs need to be all over one of them...or both...

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I don't get why everything is attacking Drouin and saying he quit on the team - He might be battling cancer or looking-after a dying parent. There's stuff in life that takes precedence over hockey. He's purposely chosen to keep it private as he deals with it. I wish him well and hope to see him back with the Habs when he's ready

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I don't get why everything is attacking Drouin and saying he quit on the team - He might be battling cancer or looking-after a dying parent. There's stuff in life that takes precedence over hockey. He's purposely chosen to keep it private as he deals with it. I wish him well and hope to see him back with the Habs when he's ready
True but I think something would've come out by now if it was physical or a family member. All signs point to psychological.

Reactions: themilosh

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think it's psychological and he's requested a trade, and they're just quiet so they don't distract from the playoffs. I'll bet once playoffs are done, it'll come out.
But I don't think they could put him on LTIR if that's that's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad