Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I feel bad for him and wish him the best. But it's getting painfully clear that the best scenario for all parties involved would be to give Seattle a sweetener so they take on Drouin's contract.
I know people here won't like to hear that, but I'd give a guy like Ylonen without thinking twice in order to keep Allen. Having a guy like Allen as a backup is HUGE for Price's longevity.

oh god no. If they want to take Allen instead of Chiarot then I'm sure as hell not giving them a sweetner.

I'm totally fine with Primeau and McNiven cycling in and out as Price's back up. It's time to see what McNiven can do anyways. Primeau's definitely going to get some starts.

Elnino

Apr 9, 2003
Visit site
yeah I always forget about that option for some reason. Doesn't he just have one year left anyways? Even if we save a couple mill next year along with Tatar being gone.
My guess is that he is not protected, he is not selected and reports back for training camp next year. It's such an odd situation, would we even be able to trade him or he would need 'medical' clearance? I'm not very familiar with these kind of situations.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
How did we menage to make the same mistake twice? And now our mistake are playing in the top 4 in Tampa Bay......

Sergachev -Weber
chiarot-petry
edmundson-Kulak/Romanov

Would have make a solid top 6 defence.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I feel bad for him and wish him the best. But it's getting painfully clear that the best scenario for all parties involved would be to give Seattle a sweetener so they take on Drouin's contract.
I know people here won't like to hear that, but I'd give a guy like Ylonen without thinking twice in order to keep Allen. Having a guy like Allen as a backup is HUGE for Price's longevity.
Ylonen is a terrific prospect. Thank God you are not the GM because this is asinine to even consider

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
My impression was that the NHL substance abuse was confidential, so how do you know he is not in there?

In this case the Habs came out specifically to state it's not the case

When he was asked if any speculation about Drouin checking himself into the NHL/NHLPA’s substance abuse program can be dismissed—unfortunately, some tweets were flying on this subject, though not from any credible sources or reporters—Ducharme said that could be scratched off the list.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
I wonder what he’s thinking watching us on this playoff run without him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't. We wouldn't be here WITH him.

It would be great if MB could use a pick to get Seattle to take him.

Would it take more than one of our 2 late 2nds? Probably. But how much more?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How did we menage to make the same mistake twice? And now our mistake are playing in the top 4 in Tampa Bay......

Sergachev -Weber
chiarot-petry
edmundson-Kulak/Romanov

McDonagh eliminated us form the cup semi finals li s in 2014. Will Serge do the same to us in the finals this year?

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Would be fine with losing Drouin in the expansion, if it is true that he can’t take the pressure of playing in the Habs market. But, if it is anything else, it might not be that classy.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I don't. We wouldn't be here WITH him.

decaprio.gif

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
We can only guess what's wrong with him but we know that he's very skilled. I don't like how he plays, he's a liability every time he's on the ice but I still feel like he could help this team down the line.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

Sergachev -Weber
chiarot-petry
edmundson-Kulak/Romanov

Still don't think it was a mistake....Drouin > Sergachev for potential + talent. It's unfortunate it hasn't quite worked out - but I was happy we made the trade then and don't regret it. High end offensive talent - something we've been lacking for decades, I was happy we went for it.

I wonder what he’s thinking watching us on this playoff run without him.

Probably happy for his teammates.

In the end - no one knows why he's not playing. Everyone assumes it's for a certain reason, but it could be something completely different.

Good chance he's done in Montreal - but we'll see, he could also be back next season.

Reactions: dralaf

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Still don't think it was a mistake....Drouin > Sergachev for potential + talent. It's unfortunate it hasn't quite worked out - but I was happy we made the trade then and don't regret it. High end offensive talent - something we've been lacking for decades, I was happy we went for it.

As a rule don't trade Dmen for Wingers. Even if you win the trade, a Winger cannot be the centerpiece of your organisation (see Hall for Larsson)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
My guess is that he is not protected, he is not selected and reports back for training camp next year. It's such an odd situation, would we even be able to trade him or he would need 'medical' clearance? I'm not very familiar with these kind of situations.
I would select him if I were Seattle. His deal is up in two years. If nothing else he could be a great trade asset for them down the line.

It's amazing actually, between him and Tatar we've got 10 million riding on the bench this playoff run.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Sure they can. The issue with Hall for Larsson had nothing to do with their respective positions but that Hall is a widely superior player and Chiarelli was a moron trading him for so little.
That is my point, even when the winger is sooo much better, he does not make you win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->