Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Dr Jeckel And Mister Hyde Vibes Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Exactly. Way too early to tell. But if this is the version of Drouin that we get then I'm ok with the trade regardless of Sergachev. Drouin so far this year has been excellent despite the inconsistency.

for me it will come down to what Drouin brings vs what Sergachev could have brought. Right now we badly need a Sergachev in our system vs what Drouin brings since we at least some some depth on the wings in Gallagher, Lehkonen, Tatar vs very little at LD aside from hoping Mete can put up some points.

But if Drouin is putting up 70ish points a year that will go a long way to helping this team get back to hopefully being a contender again.

That said we also need to see what is the "new" NHL. Right now it's freaking insane, Rantanen, Mackinnon, Kucherov have 131 points between them in 28, 28, and 29 games. They are on pace for 135 to 119 pts. Drouin as of today is tied for 48th in the NHL in points yet he's on pace for 73 pts. Last year 73 pts would put him 31st in the NHL in points. So we'll see what happens, does this high scoring last all season and beyond?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Nice to read your comment on drouin

I thought that you was not always fair with him. He is a frustrating player sometimes I get that . he will still be lazy and soft sometimes but jeez this kid is so exiting to watch when he is on!!
Agreed, sorry about that. BUT the kid has finally identified with Domi and this relationship should spill over into the rest of the team. He’s no longer the French savior, but a teammate and friend. Just my .02 Happy as hell to see it!

Last edited:

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Trying not to look to far down the road but it's been a hell of a long time since the Habs had 2 forwards at a ppg pace

Domi and Drouin, wow! talk about unexpected

Thing were looking bad last time but how things change fast on our top 6

1- ? - DOMI - DROUIN
2- ? - KOTKANIEMI - GALLAGHER

add in Lehkonen, Suzuki, Poehling

Add 2 top 6 and this is a great lineup for now and the future

Tatar is a top-6, IMO. Suzuki could become one and Ylonen could become one.

Drouin - Domi - Ylonen
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Suzuki
Lehkonen - Poehling - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Shaw/Armia

I'm less certain about Ylonen, but ny the time the lines beyond the Domi line is Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Suzuki, Lehkonen - Poehling - Gallagher and Byron - Danault - Shaw/Armia, signing an appropriate UFA to play with Domi and Drouin is far from out of the realm of possibilities, or getting a rental for cheaper at the deadline and re-signing them after a strong playoff performance is not out of the question either.

What will be important is how the situation progresses at D in the short to medium term, faster than just drafting and waiting for a young LHD or two to progress up the depth chart at LD. Obviously, that's presuming that we won't tank and pick a LD with a top-3 or top-5 pick.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
With Drouin it’s all about consistency and maturity. He is easily the most talented Forward we have seen in a Habs Jersey since the days of Turgeon and Damphousse. He has an opportunity to become a special player...up to him

This basically sums it up for me, dude is flat out ridiculous when he wants to be. I can live with his flaws, he is a a treat to watch. We are lucky to have him no matter how Serge turns out and I’m betting on Serge being a stud.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
This basically sums it up for me, dude is flat out ridiculous when he wants to be. I can live with his flaws, he is a a treat to watch. We are lucky to have him no matter how Serge turns out and I’m betting on Serge being a stud.

Te more McDonald's commercials Drouin does, the better he will become. It's that simple. He needs to feel loved and, if he plays well and receives the accompanying love for it, he will be better.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Te more McDonald's commercials Drouin does, the better he will become. It's that simple. He needs to feel loved and, if he plays well and receives the accompanying love for it, he will be better.

I hope the fan base rally’s behind him, he is a what we have been asking for. The anti Weise, the grinding era appears to be gone and thank god for that. Nice to enjoy puck again

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
How confidence does wonders for a player. Playing with teammates that can follow him helps too. Very pleased with him. I still miss Sergachev but... less than before. I hope he keeps it up!

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
How confidence does wonders for a player. Playing with teammates that can follow him helps too. Very pleased with him. I still miss Sergachev but... less than before. I hope he keeps it up!

Funny I don't miss Sergachev the player he never played a game for us. I do miss an NHL worthy left D corps and I truly miss Radulov a player who could have helped JD find some game last year.

Reactions: jaffy27

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Drouin need somebody with speed and skill around him. He was magical with MacKinnon and Ehlers and now he looks great with Domi.

Last edited:
Reactions: PriceIsGod

Jul 6, 2016
Funny I don't miss Sergachev the player he never played a game for us. I do miss an NHL worthy left D corps and I truly miss Radulov a player who could have helped JD find some game last year.

Sergachev played FOUR games with the Habs.... But, if he would still be a Hab, he certainly would play on the top four and helping Weber on PP a lot.

Reactions: Rapala

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
He’s playing lights out and this crow I’m eating is delicious so far this season

Yes, I am getting ready to make a small pie with the left over crow from critizing the Domi vs Gal trade... I mean I think its at the point where we have upgraded with that move.

I am not yet sold on JD yet.. Yes flashes of brilliance and I am very happy that we are finally seeing that... but I'm still not ready to eat dat bird yet. Another 10-12 games of this high octane style and ya... I'll eat some more crow.
I do worry that he may slip back into his old ways . I hope I am wrong thou

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Sergachev played FOUR games with the Habs.... But, if he would still be a Hab, he certainly would play on the top four and helping Weber on PP a lot.

Julien would have Sergachev in and out of the lineup if he was here, this isn't a shot at Sergachev it is more that Julien loves his veteran D and D who play lower risk.

Reactions: montreal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
3 on 1... Sometimes I'd like Drouin to be a bit selfish like this... This kid is scary when he has open space to work with.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
The thread title is on point. The guy is able to do the best and the worst on any given night. Playing him with responsible guys like Domi and Byron irons out his brain cramps. Hopefully this positive trend continues.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Decent.....co'mon now, you can do better than that.....he is PPG since the 3rd game of the season, told you back then that he will be PPG this year, still early but so far so good ;)
He is still dumb as rock, soft and terrible defensively, but he's decent at producing offense, I'm fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad