Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Dr Jeckel And Mister Hyde Vibes Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Drouin has really grown this year. Yes there have been some bad games, but you can see the guy backchecking and having an active stick.

He tries stupid plays sometimes, but thats because he has talent and tries to use. The Danault goal last night could of been one of those stupid plays but instead it was a beautiful play.

I don't know if he will ever be a 70+ point guy, but I think 60 points is very doable. But we also can add some maturity to him and when he is 26 or 27 I think his game is going to be much more rounded.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
He reminds me of Kovalev in many ways I was roasted last year for bringing it up. A bit of a diva , proud athlete in his own manner and tons of skills.

He is playing better this year wich is fun to see , potential is there for sure and there is at least a decent chance he reaches it. Hes got to learn when to go for a simple play and when to try the fancy play.

Fancy players can succeed in the NHL but they got to balance it..nobody is surprised when Drouin tries a slow saucer pass through 2 players because he always try it. Hes got to mature and with good coaching (ducharme) could reach an equilibrium in his play style where he could be even more effective.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I have a strong feeling if we get into the playoffs he's going to come up with some really big moments. He has the ability to turn it on and I feel with a buzzing home crowd and the desire to win those games we might see a different side to him more consistently for that stretch. Just seen it in the way he turned on the jets a few times last few games.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
He's entirely capable of getting hot during a playoff run but with that said, I don't think he quite has the dominant on/off switch Kovalev did. We saw it pretty regularly doing the regular season from Kovy, in a big game vs Boston or if someone took a run at him. Haven't seen it a lot from Jo. I wouldn't be surprised if the tighter checking was a bit of a problem, especially on a team where it's harder for him to hide behind stars like in Tampa. I know he;s had 1 great playoff run already, maybe I'm wrong. I'd be happy to be wrong.

This season has been acceptable, he's produced enough. If he stays at this level, he'll be quite frustrating but he'll justify the contract pretty easily. 60-65 points is basically the bare minimum that's tolerable from someone with his skill level and role on the team. He adds skill/game breaking which this roster otherwise lacks. He's an important piece, despite all the noise and aggravation.

Kovalev and Drouin skills are similar. Biggest difference is Drouin is way faster and Kovalev had a huge physical advantage. Not that much in height, but they weren't built on the same frame. Kovalev was one strong dude.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Drouin right now
3C4BE516-A24A-43E2-AB60-CC2B7481E177.gif

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I wonder if eventually, I can look back at the abuse I got asking people to wait on the Sergachev trade.

Drouin might be mercurial but we need this version of him.

Reactions: jabes

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Don't compare him to Kovalev. Kovalev was skilled Drouin clearly has none. Worst comparison ever. Makes no sense blardy blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad