Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Dr Jeckel And Mister Hyde Vibes Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The Drouin bashers are the main reason I hardly come to this forum anymore. Its almost as bad as the Senators discussion forum. What will it take for you all to finally admit that you've been wrong all along? Buncha old ladies opening their cat food tins and complaining about potholes. Kid has been great since we got him. He looked like Lafleur last night.

So essentially people were wrong to expect more from him/disappointed in his play when he wasn't producing. Now that he's on fire last month, we should feel bad for expecting good play from the start.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I have no problem if he has some nights out. Not every players are perfect. I want him to become a game breaker and this year, he is doing just that.

Kovalev had major consistencies issue and he was still beloved by most habs fans. Drouin is in the same silk. He is still very young and he is still getting better. The Sergachev trade is finally turning around in our favour.
I couldn't disagree more with a post, ever.

I have a HUGE problem if he takes nights off.

I have no problem if it doesn't lead to stats every game.

There's no substitute for work and Drouin is no exception tot that. A big part of his current success is that he's burning more calories, carrying the puck cross-ice, instead of doing his telegraphed back-passes that would be momentum killers just to save energy because you can stop pushing and glide your way in the offensive zone instead.

I wish this board had an un-like button sometimes.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
He has one damn point less than Domi!

And I didn't see one post criticizing Domi this season!

But Drouin gets blasted 24/7 around here!

Double standards much?
People were blasting Drouin when he was playing lazy and uninspired hockey. Now that he has been playing well, some people have admittedly eaten crow and said that he is playing great right now.

Why do you have to be pesky about it?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
People were blasting Drouin when he was playing lazy and uninspired hockey. Now that he has been playing well, some people have admittedly eaten crow and said that he is playing great right now.

Why do you have to be pesky about it?
Probably because I never agreed with the whole lazy and floating thing.

He was skating hard the entire season IMO, just made a lot of mistakes with the puck and without the puck but I never actually felt like he doesn't care or that he's lazy.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Probably because I never agreed with the whole lazy and floating thing.

He was skating hard the entire season IMO, just made a lot of mistakes with the puck and without the puck but I never actually felt like he doesn't care or that he's lazy.
That's your opinion. A lot of people know how good he can be, and he was painful to watch for the first 10 games of the season.

People have the right to criticize a player when he isn't playing up to his potential without being called out on it later.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Interesting note, the much beloved Galchenyuk had 51 points in a full season last year, Drouin is closing in on those numbers with many games to play..

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I couldn't disagree more with a post, ever.

I have a HUGE problem if he takes nights off.

I have no problem if it doesn't lead to stats every game.

There's no substitute for work and Drouin is no exception tot that. A big part of his current success is that he's burning more calories, carrying the puck cross-ice, instead of doing his telegraphed back-passes that would be momentum killers just to save energy because you can stop pushing and glide your way in the offensive zone instead.

I wish this board had an un-like button sometimes.
Then you are living in a fantasy world my friend.

All professional athletes including the very best have nights off.

Drouin obviously want to be the best and be recognized as one of the best (like all NHL players)

Drouin is a gamebreaker and people wanting his head after a bad turnover but that are refusing to acknowledge his good plays are also part of the problem. Ideally you want less down and more high but Drouin is that type of player that make you mad one game and other game you cannot believe how good he is.

Personally I have no problem with it. I accept his flaws as long as he is producing offensively and providing scoring chances.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Then you are living in a fantasy world my friend.

All professional athletes including the very best have nights off.

Drouin obviously want to be the best and be recognized as one of the best (like all NHL players)

Drouin is a gamebreaker and people wanting his head after a bad turnover but that are refusing to acknowledge his good plays are also part of the problem. Ideally you want less down and more high but Drouin is that type of player that make you mad one game and other game you cannot believe how good he is.

Personally I have no problem with it. I accept his flaws as long as he is producing offensively and providing scoring chances.
That's what I don't get, to be honest...

People will cry that we don't have enough pure talent and that we have too many grinders and then they will cry that the talented players that we got don't grind enough... Whatever... :facepalm:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
How about that Drouin kid? :box: :laugh:
Well, I have never seen “that” Drouin before and if I had I would have been excited about the game breaking talent we had playing for us. I hope he continues to play this way, he made a huge difference last night and I was very complimentary, consistency is the key.

Reactions: Runner77

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
He plays for the Montreal Canadiens. We should all be cheering for him.

Ok, we cheer for him, love him and cherish him and then once he gets traded we boo him ?

That's a little bit Pejorative Slured. Never go full Pejorative Slur.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
That's what I don't get, to be honest...

People will cry that we don't have enough pure talent and that we have too many grinders and then they will cry that the talented players that we got don't grind enough... Whatever... :facepalm:

Easy to understand

He's a so called ''pure laine'' acquired by a hated GM for a so called ''blue chip'' prospect

Reactions: Victorius

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
He has one damn point less than Domi!

And I didn't see one post criticizing Domi this season!

But Drouin gets blasted 24/7 around here!

Double standards much?

I dont recall numerous time seeing DOMI drift about and blow many miss coverage the way I've seen JD do it earlier in the seasonl. Domi did more without the puck then JD did..
..... Points Aren't Everything..........

That jets game last night? Guess who played amazing and didnt get any goals.... Mete..

Guess he sucks too :dunno::eek2:

:sarcasm:

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Interesting note, the much beloved Galchenyuk had 51 points in a full season last year, Drouin is closing in on those numbers with many games to play..
Guess he will close in on his point total first, since he was also on the team last year and had less points.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Like I've said before. The criticism I understood but the outright vitriol was just goofy and how Kovalev comparisons were sacrilegious was just silly. The kid has literally had to have put in one of the most incredible individual performances by a Hab that I've seen in a long time to just get some good will.

From what I saw the effort was there it was the stupid plays. But now the effort seems even higher and the boneheaded plays are drastically cut (I saw one or two minor giveaways that I didn't like last night). I thought even at his best he couldn't be as good as he was last night. That's a player who could completely eclipse what Kovalev did for us if he can bring that even like 70% of the time over many years. No doubt.

I'm still optimistically cautious but he's trending upwards. It seems like 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I think I could live with a guy who could flirt with 70 pts perenially, giving us headaches over long stretches but the possibility that he just puts it all together at a very high level fairly consistently isn't looking so far fetched right now.

Reactions: Victorius

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Easy to understand

He's a so called ''pure laine'' acquired by a hated GM for a so called ''blue chip'' prospect

I heard Sergachev is a bust and his NHL career is over and that he was traded cause Julien doesn’t like Russians. :sarcasm:

So called “revisionism” is rampant as is constantly beating the same drum. Always takes time to fully evaluate a trade of young talents, esp. Ds who take longer than forwards to develop.

Reactions: sandviper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad