Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Dr Jeckel And Mister Hyde Vibes Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Yeah because all players develop the Same smh
How has he developed since juniors? He is still doing the bone headed plays through the defence which rarely pay off in the NHL. He needs someone to do the work for him whereas superstars take the game by the scruff of the neck, Ovechkin, Crosby they do that, when the chips are down they pull it out of the hat, Drouin will never do that. He was good tonight though

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
How has he developed since juniors? He is still doing the bone headed plays through the defence which rarely pay off in the NHL. He needs someone to do the work for him whereas superstars take the game by the scruff of the neck, Ovechkin, Crosby they do that, when the chips are down they pull it out of the hat, Drouin will never do that. He was good tonight though
Alright since you know better I’ll just agree and not discuss further

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yeah, Patrick Kane, Brayden Point and Patrice Bergeron were useless before they were 23, infact most superstars have already produced before 23. He’s good (if he has Gally on his wing) but he won’t be superstar level as he doesn’t have the work ethic or the IQ. He did well tonightc

He didn't well, he was outstanding. I've been critical but he deserves every accolade when he plays like this.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah, Patrick Kane, Brayden Point and Patrice Bergeron were useless before they were 23, infact most superstars have already produced before 23. He’s good (if he has Gally on his wing) but he won’t be superstar level as he doesn’t have the work ethic or the IQ. He did well tonightc
There isn't a one size fit all. Progress isn't linear either. Some guys can take longer, especially if in your sophomore year, you're moved to a position you clearly should not be playing.

Drouin is still writing the first chapters of his career..it's not impossible for him to spark it up a bit later.

Time will tell, for now we can all enjoy his strong performance.

Reactions: stanley25 and jabes

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Just shows how much confidence is a big aspect of the game of hockey.
I think confidence matters but I don't think it's about that.
Playing with Gallagher and Danault, he's the go-to puck carrier and also doesn't have to do those dirty corner battles. When with Domi, he had to share the puck a whole lot as Domi also needs to carry it.
I think that's a bigger part.

Reactions: BLONG7

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
He has taken a lot longer to mature than most players who come into this league as a teenager. He has shown a lot of improvement in his game in the past 2 yrs and maybe Julien and Ducharme have helped him along better than others in his past. With maturity comes confidence, adaptability, ethic, etc. Nobody is putting up 4 pts every game or 9 in 3 on a consistent basis but not many do it at all in their careers and Drouin’s is hopefully just coming into form.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Glad he’s playing well again. The guy has tremendous talent and is easily our most skilled player. Nothing would be bigger for this franchise than Drouin being consistently great. If he could, he’d easily be over a ppg.

Reactions: Dominator13

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think confidence matters but I don't think it's about that.
Playing with Gallagher and Danault, he's the go-to puck carrier and also doesn't have to do those dirty corner battles. When with Domi, he had to share the puck a whole lot as Domi also needs to carry it.
I think that's a bigger part.
This is bang on..........he will still not do the dirty work, and we saw it on his first goal...that being said, he is skating and playing well, let's hope he keeps it up!! We need this guy to prove he is a ppg guy.

Megaforce

The Drouin bashers are the main reason I hardly come to this forum anymore. Its almost as bad as the Senators discussion forum. What will it take for you all to finally admit that you've been wrong all along? Buncha old ladies opening their cat food tins and complaining about potholes. Kid has been great since we got him. He looked like Lafleur last night.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
The Drouin bashers are the main reason I hardly come to this forum anymore. Its almost as bad as the Senators discussion forum. What will it take for you all to finally admit that you've been wrong all along? Buncha old ladies opening their cat food tins and complaining about potholes. Kid has been great since we got him. He looked like Lafleur last night.

No one is going to bash him if he continues to play like he did last night.. question is is this a blip or is this JD that everyone was raving about.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
No one is going to bash him if he continues to play like he did last night.. question is is this a blip or is this JD that everyone was raving about.

Yeah he's not going to play like he did last night every night, though. I think there's a disconnect between what people want Drouin to be and what he actually is. He's still got a chance to be an all-star level, 65-75 point player every year with a lot of inconsistency day to day. I think the dream of him being a superstar is pretty well dead and gone. This year has had its ups and its downs but at the end of the day, he's on pace for 70 points and that's perfectly fine. His skill level is a very important element to a team that lacks it.

He hasn't been lazy, at least not regularly. The effort has been mostly fine for me this year. Yeah he does some brain dead shit, that's just built in, his hockey sense is a bit wonky. He's on a line that makes sense now, the Domi-Drouin connection was fun when they were shooting 20% but it just never felt like they'd actually spend enough time in the attacking zone for it to work regularly. I like where he's at.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
This is exactly why we critiscize him so much when he takes a night off. Guy has potential of a star. We have seen the Lafleur and Lemieux or whatnot, of the past, and we're looking forward to see the next perennial French Canadian allstar, and if it's for the Habs that would be even greater. When we see stretches of 9 points in 3 game we can't accept 3 points in 10 games. Let that sink in.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I have no problem if he has some nights out. Not every players are perfect. I want him to become a game breaker and this year, he is doing just that.

Kovalev had major consistencies issue and he was still beloved by most habs fans. Drouin is in the same silk. He is still very young and he is still getting better. The Sergachev trade is finally turning around in our favour.

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Last season Drouin looked his best with Gallagher when they played on the same line towards the end. Then again Gallagher always seems to bring out the best of any linemate he gets. More specifically though, he's the perfect complement to pure skill guys. I was disappointed they didn't start the year together but whatever, they look like a real good combo right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad