Prospect Info: Jonathan Dahlen

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
There is no reality where Gaudette is a centre over Horvat. I don't know how many times this has to be repeated for it to stick in your mind.
Yeah maybe i guess will see what happens. Im just happy we have both of them :yo:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Interesting that he uses his footwork to open up to the puck.
His edgework, mobility, and hands around the net and boards are going to surprise a lot ot people. Its the main reason I think he can translate to NA, his game isnt reliant upon the big ice, its about his drive and shiftiness.

The way he uses his edges reminds me a ton of Shinkaruk when he was here, but perhaps even better laterally

Reactions: CanaFan

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I was thinking of Shinkaruk as well, I think Dahlen will be what Shinkaruk could have been if he reached his potential.

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
Jesus I love those third uni's . Was thinking of getting a Demko one but I like that 54 on Dahlen's back . Canucks need to adopt them before Seattle steals that scheme when they come in.

WestCoastExpress94

Mar 17, 2018
I made a H9rvat - Ryan Johnansen comparison 2 years ago and that looks very realistic right now. I'm going to go ahead and compare Dahlen to Filip Forsberg, Forsberg was more of a scorer at the same age but they have a lot of similarities. Dahlen really should've been playing in the AHL this year and ultimately it might hurt his development a bit

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
I made a H9rvat - Ryan Johnansen comparison 2 years ago and that looks very realistic right now. I'm going to go ahead and compare Dahlen to Filip Forsberg, Forsberg was more of a scorer at the same age but they have a lot of similarities. Dahlen really should've been playing in the AHL this year and ultimately it might hurt his development a bit

Building confidence never hurts development, look at him in the game today for Utica... pushing the play, taking players on and getting rewarded. Sure he's going to have to get stronger but that's a given for all young players. Kids right on track as far as I can tell...

Reactions: alternate

WestCoastExpress94

Mar 17, 2018
Building confidence never hurts development, look at him in the game today for Utica... pushing the play, taking players on and getting rewarded. Sure he's going to have to get stronger but that's a given for all young players. Kids right on track as far as I can tell...
I think hes going to need a good amount of games in the AHL to start next year, maybe if Utica can go far and he plays a large role in it, but there shouldn't be a urgency to rush him but also you shouldn't have left him in Sweden(not even in the SHL), to somewhat stagnate his development

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I was thinking of Shinkaruk as well, I think Dahlen will be what Shinkaruk could have been if he reached his potential.
Man I totally forgot about Shinkaruk, that feels like 10 years ago and it was only 5. I guess I forget about our failed prospects easily. Hodgson feels like a millenium ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad