Prospect Info: Jonathan Dahlen

Status
Not open for further replies.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Only reply I will to this cause it is in the wrong thread.

-2014-15-----------
Bonino, Sbisa, 1st (#24 - McCann), 3rd --- Kesler, 3rd (#84 - Deven Sideroff) - Bad trade, wrong targets, thought Sbisa was an asset.
Dorsett --- 3rd (#85 - Keegan Iverson) - Dorsett was ok, but a draft pick was more valuable with where we were.
2nd --- Garrison, 7th (204th - Jack Sadek), Costello - Bad trade, similar dmen went for 2 2nds.
Vey --- 2nd (#50 - Roland McKeown) - Bad trade. Do I need to say more?
Acton --- Lain - Doesn't matter
Pedan --- Mallet, '16 3rd (came back to us) - I don't mind Pedan, but paying a 3rd for a guy who wasn't good enough to make the AHL at the time?
Clendening --- Forsling - Brutal trade.
Conacher --- Jeffrey - Doesn't matter
Baertschi --- 2nd (#53 - Rasmus Andersson) - Good trade.

-2015-16-----------
3rd (66th - Brisebois) and (#194 McKenzie) --- Lack - Brutal trade, litterally got half the value of the next similar goalie on the market.
7th (210th - Tate Olson) --- McNally - Bad trade, McNally should have had some decent value after his NCAA career.
Prust --- Kassian, (#124 Staum) - One of the worst trades. We paid to get rid of Kassian.
'16 2nd --- Bieksa - Good trade.
Sutter, (#64 Lockwood) --- Bonino, Clendening, (#55 Gustavsson) - I still don't understand how we got taken for so much
Etem --- Jensen, '17 6th - Why did we need to throw in a draft pick?
Granlund --- Shinkaruk - Brutal trade. Granlund is 100% the type of player you get for free, Shink had the same value that Goldy had last year.
Larsen --- '17 5th - Bad trade.
Futures --- Fox - Doesn't matter.

-2016-17----------
Gudbranson, (#140 Candella) --- McCann, (#33 Asplund), (#94 Ang) - Brutal trade... no explination needed
Dahlen --- Burrows By far best trade.
Goldobin, '17 4th* --- Hansen - Bad trade especially when you retain salary. Why did we go after a prospect that was so close to being waived?

-2017-18-----------
5th (#135-Gunnarsson) and 6th (#181-Palmu) -- 4th (#112 Soderlund)
Pouliot -- Pedan, '18 4th - There was like 4 other dmen that were better that passed through waivers.

Vanek - Brutal trade. took a cap dump to get rid of a 55 point guy. No assets were given to us
Leipsic - ok trade.

25 trades, at best 4 good ones. Most weren't the type that kill a franchise, but so much value lost.
So much effort just to show you don't know what your talking about.Hands were tied with Kelser.You say the Clendening trade was bad then say he was a valuable asset in the Sutter trade.LOL.You think McNally had value after his college debacle.LOL.you act like 5th and 6th round picks are gold.LOL

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
So much effort just to show you don't know what your talking about.Hands were tied with Kelser.You say the Clendening trade was bad then say he was a valuable asset in the Sutter trade.LOL.You think McNally had value after his college debacle.LOL.you act like 5th and 6th round picks are gold.LOL

If you want to discuss more let’s post in the corect thread. Don’t want to derail this one.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Please show your math. You made the claim 1 good trade vs 20 bad ones.

It’s accountability time.

Consider yourself called out.

Ignore this and be ignored by everyone who remembers this.

1/21 success rate.

[MOD]

Show your math.

Ohhh noooo. I've been calllled oouut !

The fact I need to iterate this information to you shows a lack of hockey knowledge.

Toss in the additional fact this could have been hyperbole, it illuminates a even lesser understanding of the English language and/or reading comprehension; I didn't say 20 poor trades, but moves. It's comically easy to find 20 poor moves he's made. From going off the board and drafting Virtanen over Nylander and Ehlers, to locking down that foundation piece in Sutter. Not trading Vrbata and Hamhuis was great work too. Try to keep up.

EDIT: I've posted a list of this transactions in the MGMT thread.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
so if everything pans out in the next 2-3 years.

in 2021 season.

dahlen petterson boeser
goldobin horvat virtanen
gadjovich gaudette lind

hnnngggg

but our blueline prospect sucks...must draft really good this year.

Feb 24, 2017
Ohhh noooo. I've been calllled oouut !

The fact I need to iterate this information to you shows a lack of hockey knowledge.

Toss in the additional fact this could have been hyperbole, it illuminates a even lesser understanding of the English language and/or reading comprehension; I didn't say 20 poor trades, but moves. It's comically easy to find 20 poor moves he's made. From going off the board and drafting Virtanen over Nylander and Ehlers, to locking down that foundation piece in Sutter. Not trading Vrbata and Hamhuis was great work too. Try to keep up.

EDIT: I've posted a list of this transactions in the MGMT thread.
1/21?

Tip- when you already have a good case, throwing dishonest hyperbole at it only causes your case to suffer.

You’re welcome.

Jollof Rice Junkie

Apr 2, 2018
looks like a quiet Ray Whitney type wizard, kind of the opposite of EP

Dig that comparison! A low maintenance scoring forward. Based on limited highlights, I don't see an explosive winger. But crafty enough to find a bit of space to snipe. We need more playmaker projects for all these intriguing wingers

Reactions: Derp Kassian

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Dig that comparison! A low maintenance scoring forward. Based on limited highlights, I don't see an explosive winger. But crafty enough to find a bit of space to snipe. We need more playmaker projects for all these intriguing wingers

Pettersson will eventually become a center, he has nifty playmaking skills, just watch his highlights. It's just a question of if the Canucks will shelter him a bit on the wing ala Linden for the first couple seasons, don't know if he has the strength to jump straight into the center position.

Jollof Rice Junkie

Apr 2, 2018
I'm taking the wait & see approach with EP regarding his position. I was thinking of our longer shot projects like Lind, Gadjovich, Palmu, Lockwood even. I hope we target Dmen & playmaking Centres this draft get them into organization with this growing variety of wingers at different stages of
development. I enjoy being a neutral for the first month of the playoffs. But hockey-jealously always arrives

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

This is just a bad rebuttal.

While Benning's hands might have been tied during the Kesler negotiations and trade, he didn't need to target Bonino and Sbisa. At the time of the deal, it was safe to say that Bonino was worth around a late 1st given what he had produced, his cheap contract status with 2 years left, and his age. The fact that Bonino was worth a late 1st means we could have targeted a younger asset (pick or prospect) instead, but Benning made this bad decision as a desperate move to compete.

Regardless of what that posters wrote, the Clendening-Forsling trade was indefensible. Just awful.

I think you are missing the point about the 5th and 6th round picks. They are not gold, that is not the point. The point is, the Canucks need as many draft picks as possible to spray the board. Sometimes you hit on those later round picks (look at how Gaudette is developing). Given the low probability of hitting on those picks, you need to accumulate as many as you can when you are rebuilding.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Maybe it's just the highlight package, but skating seems quicker....has a goal-scorer's nose for the net.....the intense playoff atmosphere in Utica will do wonders for Dahlen's confidence on the smaller NA rink in preparation for training camp....and if Horvat, Pettersson and Juolevi all end up at the WHC, they'll be fired up for training camp as well......great to see so many prospects geared up for playoff action even if the Canucks were long out of it.

Reactions: lindgren

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
This kid looks like he just loves to score. Of course you could say that all players do but you can just see the level of enthusiasm there. That to me shows drive. Coupled with his skillset, I have high hopes for him to become a good second line player.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He's got a pretty good shot and good hands but I think he's going to need time to adjust to the ice size and physicality of the AHL/NHL.

Of all those goals/plays I dont think he got even the slightest push from a defender.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
He's got a pretty good shot and good hands but I think he's going to need time to adjust to the ice size and physicality of the AHL/NHL.

Of all those goals/plays I dont think he got even the slightest push from a defender.

He'll get more than a push here, especially if he plays against Syracuse on Friday.
They hit hard and often. The old hockey warning, "Keep your head up" is good advice if you are playing the Crunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad