Prospect Info: Jonathan Dahlén, TimrÃ¥ IK | Allsvenskan U-20 MVP 2017

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Just get him to NA and put him in a position to succeed with quality icetime and linemates, either in the AHL or NHL.

So basically keep him FAR away from the Vancouver Canucks for a couple a years then :laugh:

Yeah and I think Utica will be better next season.

The possibility of adding Boeser, Gaudette, Dahlen, and Briseboise is promising. Also I imagine Demko will continue to improve and Virtanen can only get better.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
If his team gets promoted to the SEL that would be a good spot too, especially if we take Pettersson as they could play together.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Yeah and I think Utica will be better next season.

The possibility of adding Boeser, Gaudette, Dahlen, and Briseboise is promising. Also I imagine Demko will continue to improve and Virtanen can only get better.

Might not have Gaudette out of college yet, and Boeser just might stick with the Canucks,
but who really knows at this point. I'd say the odds are that one will be on the Comets.

However, Brisebois will be there for sure, and possibly Neill and / or Olson too. I'd say it's also
certain that Zack MacEwan will be on the Comets, given he's 6'4" 212 with soft hands and can
skate. And there's a reasonable chance IMO that Bret McKenzie will make the Comets too, given
that he's a robust guy with an eerily similar stat line and attributes to MacEwan's, except in the
O vs the Q.

And finally, Benning has said he wants to sign Dahlen and bring him over to the Comets.

So IMO that makes Dahlen, Boeser, Brisebois, and MacEwan fairly certain to be rookie Comets.
Maybe one or two others. It's even possible that Goldobin will be shuttled up and down as well.

Last edited:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
If his team gets promoted he'd be in a awful SHL team would he not? His team will probably have to battle relegation. Might not be the best place to develop him no?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
If his team gets promoted he'd be in a awful SHL team would he not? His team will probably have to battle relegation. Might not be the best place to develop him no?

Maybe, but he'd be playing good competition none the less and getting prime ice time.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

I mean the Canucks would also be battling relegation if it were possible so...Utica?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

It probably would still be an awful team. I don't know how it works, but it seems that player transfers do exist. All the players from last year's team doesn't just move up with the team. And the best players from a team that has been demoted don't follow the team down. So I guess there will be some players available, plus you can sign a foreigner or two?

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
He would be getting the most ice time and tons of responsibility and leadership role. Might be for the better too..

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
How would they pronounce his name in NA? I like the Swedish pronunciation,
yu-natan dah-lean. but it will probably be Jon Doll-in.

I think he'll get Dah Len, which is not terrible as far as inter language mangling goes. Jonathan with get a straight up English pronunciation, if he's lucky with a yu sound to start.

Tryforthekingdom

Nov 15, 2015
I think he'll get Dah Len, which is not terrible as far as inter language mangling goes. Jonathan with get a straight up English pronunciation, if he's lucky with a yu sound to start.

I think they could manage a "leen" sound at the end of his name. He'll totally be Jon with a solid J.

It's funny, it took watching Dahlen and Dahlin at the World Juniors to make me realize that we've all been pronouncing Sedin wrong all these years.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Maybe, but he'd be playing good competition none the less and getting prime ice time.

I mean the Canucks would also be battling relegation if it were possible so...Utica?

It probably would still be an awful team. I don't know how it works, but it seems that player transfers do exist. All the players from last year's team doesn't just move up with the team. And the best players from a team that has been demoted don't follow the team down. So I guess there will be some players available, plus you can sign a foreigner or two?

He would be getting the most ice time and tons of responsibility and leadership role. Might be for the better too..

That's all true, I guess I didn't put much thought into it.

Tryforthekingdom

Nov 15, 2015
No, you have the correct pronunciation of Sedin, just like Sundin, Brodin, Folin and Modin. That's how you pronounce Dahlin, and Hagelin too actually :) Dahlén is just slightly different from Dahlin. They both have the emphasis on "én"/"in".

The emphasis is the same, it's the pronunciation. Everywhere i look online for pronunciation guides has it closer to an "ihn" than an "een". Eliteprospects pages, google translate, etc.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=738

Even looking at the other guys you listed, it's the same. There's plenty of names that are anglicized to a degree in the NHL with all the European players, but in this case it's not really a difficult syllable to pronounce.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Agree with Ray Ferraro that the Canucks need to fill up their prospect bucket, sign as many guys as they can, and then let them find their own level in either the NHL or the AHL....Dahlen should be one of the guys in this mix.

After all, it's likely the Canucks won't be any better in the standings next year than they are this year....so there's likely to be a stead stream of players moving back and forth from Utica to the NHL anyway.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Two of those goals were pretty cheeky; the around the net fake-out was great in that it worked, but it took a few whacks, so it had elements of both skill and greasiness.

The behind the net, behind the back off the goalies skate was just heads up quick thinking, caught everyone off guard. Reminded me of something Henrik or Daniel might try.

Have to give credit to Benning for this one, much as I'm a critic, excited about this prospect. :handclap:

Nice to have some good news for a change. The other good thing about the trade is I liked the Sens already, been following them more this year with the addition of Boucher as coach and how well they're playing. 5-0 now since Burr's been in the lineup.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
First game I've watched from him, his team lost 5-1.

Probably not the best game to judge him off, nobody on his team played well. I'll refrain from making a judgement on the player, but this game he really didn't look like the player from those highlights posted 2 days ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad