Prospect Info: Jonathan Dahlén, TimrÃ¥ IK | Allsvenskan U-20 MVP 2017

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I dont think Dahlen is going back to Timrå, a lot SEL wants him for next year . If he stays in sweden I get the feeling he is gong to play in Frölunda or HV71, this is from interviews I vve read and some gossip from the hockey people I know here in Sweden.

My feeling is that Jonathan dont want to across the pond yet, I think he wants to come over when he has a better chance at being an NHL player.

Im guessing that the Canucks will sign him, let him do the preseason in Vancouver and then lend him to a SEL for the 17/18 season. Basicly what Minnesota did with Eriksson-Ek

Sign him, give him a NHL game let him play in the AHL playoffs, loan him out in the SEL next season.

Is that a possible option? I think that might be best for everyone. That way we know where Dahlin is at in his development, plus he gets to stay in Sweden if he's not ready.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Sign him, give him a NHL game let him play in the AHL playoffs, loan him out in the SEL next season.

Is that a possible option? I think that might be best for everyone. That way we know where Dahlin is at in his development, plus he gets to stay in Sweden if he's not ready.

He is in the playoffs with the junior team as far as i know so that wont be an option. And I wish we had Dahlin! ;)

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

If he played a game in Vancouver, he would be ineligible to play in Utica. He can come over and go directly to Utica on a PTO and then go back to Sweden. That's his only option to play in Utica. Same with Boeser or anyone else coming upon the scene at this time. One game with Vancouver eliminates the possibility of playing in Utica for anyone not already papered and that's only Gaunce and Goldobin.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010

Being realistic, that isn't really an option because Green won't trust Dahlen for the playoffs and there really isn't enough time (or any time) to build that trust. Every game for Utica is meaningful right now so there isn't really a meaningless game for Green to throw Dahlen into. Add to that we're talking about someone who hasn't played in NA so asking them to step right into a playoff race (even in the AHL) isn't exactly fair.

Take Hutton for example, Utica/Green had the same option and did NOT really play him during their run. He played 4 regular season game and 0 playoff games then stepped right into Vancouver's 3rd (and then 2nd) pairing the very next year. This is someone who's older and played in NCAA (same rink size/similar environment as AHL/NHL... remember players often step in from NCAA -> NHL). For example, Chicago just signed John Hayden last week and he has already played 3 games for them (based on his play he'll be a huge part of their playoff run).

So with Green's history, it makes 0 sense for Dahlen to come over unless its @ the start of the season. If he comes over at the end of the season, he almost has 0 chance of playing (more so if Goldobin can play in the playoffs... i have no idea if 'nucks did the paper transaction for him). He'll be better off taking a vacation and start training early (since odds are, like the Sedins and many European players, he'll do his off season training @ home rather than here).

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Being realistic, that isn't really an option because Green won't trust Dahlen for the playoffs and there really isn't enough time (or any time) to build that trust. Every game for Utica is meaningful right now so there isn't really a meaningless game for Green to throw Dahlen into. Add to that we're talking about someone who hasn't played in NA so asking them to step right into a playoff race (even in the AHL) isn't exactly fair.

Take Hutton for example, Utica/Green had the same option and did NOT really play him during their run. He played 4 regular season game and 0 playoff games then stepped right into Vancouver's 3rd (and then 2nd) pairing the very next year. This is someone who's older and played in NCAA (same rink size/similar environment as AHL/NHL... remember players often step in from NCAA -> NHL). For example, Chicago just signed John Hayden last week and he has already played 3 games for them (based on his play he'll be a huge part of their playoff run).

So with Green's history, it makes 0 sense for Dahlen to come over unless its @ the start of the season. If he comes over at the end of the season, he almost has 0 chance of playing (more so if Goldobin can play in the playoffs... i have no idea if 'nucks did the paper transaction for him). He'll be better off taking a vacation and start training early (since odds are, like the Sedins and many European players, he'll do his off season training @ home rather than here).

"i have no idea if 'nucks did the paper transaction for him"

I keep reading this in almost every thread. It has been announced and hasa been updated in most threads but if someone misses it they obviuols don't check the posts before they come on line. \

Woluld you help broadcast this all over this site.

"GOLDOBIN" and GAUNCE were the only 2 Canucks papered to the Comets. Any new player can be signed to a PTO or ATO in Utica and be eligible for the playoffs, eg Boeser. Any new guy playing a single game in Vancouver is not eligible to play in the AHL playoffs.

It's actually cited in the post above yours.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
"i have no idea if 'nucks did the paper transaction for him"

I keep reading this in almost every thread. It has been announced and hasa been updated in most threads but if someone misses it they obviuols don't check the posts before they come on line. \

Woluld you help broadcast this all over this site.

"GOLDOBIN" and GAUNCE were the only 2 Canucks papered to the Comets. Any new player can be signed to a PTO or ATO in Utica and be eligible for the playoffs, eg Boeser. Any new guy playing a single game in Vancouver is not eligible to play in the AHL playoffs.

It's actually cited in the post above yours.

Might be just me but i don't read every post in every thread. Most of the time i reply to the one i do read so i didn't read your post when i was replying. I did check the transaction history in Utica just before reading your post (that i just quoted) and found out the same info. Didn't think of that before when i was posting.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Can't we just have Utica sign him to a PTO then invite him to camp next season?

If I am not mistaken, his ELC will not slide if he signs this season.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Can't we just have Utica sign him to a PTO then invite him to camp next season?

If I am not mistaken, his ELC will not slide if he signs this season.
Benning thinks Sweden is going to invite him to the World Championships. Which would be a great honor and opportunity or him.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Dahlèn is visiting various SHL-teams. He was in Växjö the other day and Frölunda (reigning champs and currently in the semifinals) as well as Djurgården are in the mix too.

It's looking likely he will be going to the SHL and therefore stay in Sweden for another year.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Dahlèn is visiting various SHL-teams. He was in Växjö the other day and Frölunda (reigning champs and currently in the semifinals) as well as Djurgården are in the mix too.

It's looking likely he will be going to the SHL and therefore stay in Sweden for another year.
So he won't be going back to HV71?

Did Jonathan leaving HV have anything to do with Ulf getting fired?

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015

yea he should be in sweden elite tier league #1 next year. im fine with that. he dominated SHL #2.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
yea he should be in sweden elite tier league #1 next year. im fine with that. he dominated SHL #2.

Yes, agree with this.....a year in the top-tier Swedish League is what he needs, and still eligible for the WJC I think....just wish he was a bit bigger to withstand the rigors of NA hockey...so he needs to get stronger for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad