Prospect Info: Jonathan Dahlén, TimrÃ¥ IK | Allsvenskan U-20 MVP 2017

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Not sure why Ottawa would cut ties with this player right after drafting him, in the midst of a successful d+1 season.

I don't know a lot about Ottawa's new GM, maybe some Sense fans can chime in here and let us know the thinking behind this move.

Last edited:

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
His upside, or who I hope he can become is someone like Robby Fabbri.

He's undersized, but is very brave. Battles hard around the net and in corners.

Strength is his shot, also has good mobility/agility.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
(Shameless plug of my own post from another thread)

As parallels are already being drawn between Forsberg/Erat and the Dahlén/Burrows-trades:

Filip Forsberg;
- Draft year: 43 GP, 17 PTS - 0,40 PPG (Sweden II)
- +1: 38 GP, 33 PTS - 0,86 PPG (Sweden II)

Dahlén:
- Draft Year: 51 GP, 29 PTS - 0,57 PPG (Sweden II)
- +1 (to date): 44 GP, 42 PTS - 0,95 PPG.

No comparison between the two otherwise, but this is a promising guy we might have gotten our hands on.

Again, I don't expect Filip Forsberg, but Dahlén should be a good player for us!

And yeah, he plays with Elias Pettersson so if we wanted to - we could probably reunite them here in Vancouver too.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
1. Boeser
2. Demko
3. Juolevi
4. Dahlen

And Gaudette following up at 5.

Not bad. Still need more and more though, we have the Sedin's possibly done after next year and then we have about 80-90 points we need to replace.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

As parallels are already being drawn between Forsberg/Erat and the Dahlén/Burrows-trades:

Filip Forsberg;

Dahlén:

No comparison between the two otherwise, but this is a promising guy we might have gotten our hands on.

Again, I don't expect Filip Forsberg, but Dahlén should be a good player for us!

And yeah, he plays with Elias Pettersson so if we wanted to - we could probably reunite them here in Vancouver too.

that's an interesting possibility :amazed:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
NM forgot about chabot

Last edited:

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006

Filip Forsberg;

Dahlén:

Dahlen was a year older at the draft because of his late birthday. He was "18" at the draft whereas Forsberg was "17".

Even still, really good production by Dahlen as a junior aged player in the Allsvenkan. Not many have done better.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/leagu...ueteam=&teamname=&nation=&nationname=&age=u20

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Scouting report from last season describes him as an intelligent and offensively creative forward. One scout described his skating stride as awkward and unconventional, but most other scouts highlight his excellent edge work and explosive acceleration. Go figure.

He's the son of former NHLer Ulf Dahlen who played over 14 seasons (966 games 301 goals) with the Rangers and North Stars.

His stat line from Allsvenskan gets your attention. 24-18-42 in 44 games. Not to mention 5-1-6 in 7 games at WJC-20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad