Kings News: Jonathan Bernier to TML for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, & 2nd ('14 or '15) (pst#276)

Captain Mittens*

Scrivens better get a better mask than last years. That thing was rather dull and not very creative.

tumblr_mdyo7aEunq1r1cbgpo1_500.jpg

If he doesn't represent Camarillo, I will be very disappointed

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I had a RBK pro model blocker. For one year. And the padding on the side of it ripped. RBK is ****. Vaughn hand cuts and sews all their pads in North America. Plus I've actually found rebound control a lot better with Vaughn pads than RBK ones.

Granted i haven't worn pads for a number of years now, but isn't rbk just a continuation of the old koho line of equipment? That was top quality stuff. Both my catcher and blocker used to be koho and they lasted me years. Never liked their pads though as my louisville pads were just fantastic, shame they got bought out by... someone... Eagle? CCM?

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Granted i haven't worn pads for a number of years now, but isn't rbk just a continuation of the old koho line of equipment? That was top quality stuff. Both my catcher and blocker used to be koho and they lasted me years. Never liked their pads though as my louisville pads were just fantastic, shame they got bought out by... someone... Eagle? CCM?

Koho was top quality stuff for certain. We were talking more about the Reebok of the past ten years. I still have a bunch of Koho stuff but it is crusty.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008

I can't remember. Koho used to be great. My 2nd glove was a Koho which I loved. But now RBK is cheap gear made somewhere in a **** factory over in Asia that falls apart and is poorly designed. Such cheap trash gear. The only things I'm willing to wear that isn't Vaughn are skates, helmet, and stick.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I should've said career back up goalie. Are we equating Bernier's potential to that now? :facepalm:

Scrivens been a backup for less time than Bernier. Unless you can read the future, you have no clue if Scrivens is a career backup. For all we know Bernier flops hard in Toronto and turns into Andrew Raycroft while Scrivens goes the way of Dwayne Roloson.

We just went through this with Columbus. I BELIEVE Toronto will have up until their pick to decide if they want to give it to us in 2014 or not. If they have a guy they really like at that pick, they'll keep it and we get their 2015 2nd, regardless of where it is.

Actually Columbus had until 2 or 3 picks ahead to decide. And I believe it is all different, up to what the GM's themselves decided, not some predesigned standard.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Actually Columbus had until 2 or 3 picks ahead to decide. And I believe it is all different, up to what the GM's themselves decided, not some predesigned standard.

Yeah. I was saying what I expected it to be. That way, Toronto can see who is still on the board before deciding if they want to give up 2014 or not. And I believe Columbus had up until the pick, no? Not 2 or 3 before.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Fantastic post. I lol'd

Yeah; missing green font or not, that was still hilarious.

On-topic: I like the trade "element-by-element" (i.e., got back a useful forward, good-enough backup goalie, high-round pick, sent Bernier far away where he can't "hurt" "us," and even got some spare cap-room to perhaps bring Scuderi back), but I can't help but feel this was the "last, best hope" to bring in something resembling a consistent scoring winger for next season, and it didn't accomplish that. Sincerely hoping Frattin proves me wrong (or someone else comes in and makes this consideration moot)...

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
There's not much to represent in Camarillo, I know I lived there from the second grade through high school.

I'm sorry to hear that. How boring were your high school years? At least you guys had In N' Out...

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I'm sorry to hear that. How boring were your high school years? At least you guys had In N' Out...

You really don't want to know and yes we did but it didn't get build till my junior year, I'm old. But I didn't spend much time once I turned 16 had a car and got out of town every chance I got. But the weather was great.

fyrescorp

Apr 19, 2006
Hey, I've lived in Camarillo my whole life. Yeah it's boring but it only takes me 50 minutes to get to Staples. And there's not many old people living here. :sarcasm:

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
The Gann is on that call, asking about Matt's knee injury.

Oooh the Mayor is on there too!
Hopefully Dan Moriarty is next "Matt/Ben how do you FEEL about being TRADED"

Oh no, Dan ask questions in the form of a statement and it always has something to do with the fans. It'd be..."So Matt, No one ever expects to be traded and you're a fan favorite in Toronto....."

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Hey, I've lived in Camarillo my whole life. Yeah it's boring but it only takes me 50 minutes to get to Staples. And there's not many old people living here. :sarcasm:

I wanna see a full frontal shot of the Spanish Hills Country Club on the front of his mask. Oh and a picture of the Outlet Malls and a big ole Strawberry on the back.

THAT would rep Camarillo!

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I wanna see a full frontal shot of the Spanish Hills Country Club on the front of his mask. Oh and a picture of the Outlet Malls and a big ole Strawberry on the back.

Don't forget the mental hospital that is now CSUCI.

Last edited:

Captain Mittens*

Winner

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Aside from seizure village. And the rest of the city. Everyone there is old.

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
I didn't, don't take it so personally. I merely said that that is how you came across when you responded to his tweet by saying "I expected more from him..." It would naturally raise the question, what could you expect more from Frattin other than what he said? Just sounds like a translation issue. There is no insult. It is why I asked and then responded to your question honestly.

Edit: Here is what you were looking for:

This is what I wrote (below). I did not mention the expect thing before you mentioned it. I have said or written several times that English is not my first language,(and I do not expect you to remember that I have written that). But you and all others can see my avatar and see where I'm coming from and You should give us Europeans or at least me some slack when it comes to what was written or said, a little reading between the lines. Swedes usually are very good at English but in my case I have forgotten a whole lot and the translator editor has been causing problems for me so I decided to remove it for a while. (Back on now). My spelling has been a disaster.

I wanted more from him but I do Thank You for posting this.

fyrescorp

Apr 19, 2006
I can't let you bag on the Village People, they keep me in business. How about a picture of a stop light? That pretty much sums up this town.

On second thought, a picture of the old man in "Smells Like Teen Spirit" would describe Cam.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Yeah. I was saying what I expected it to be. That way, Toronto can see who is still on the board before deciding if they want to give up 2014 or not. And I believe Columbus had up until the pick, no? Not 2 or 3 before.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...campaign=los-angeles-kings-2012-draft-preview

Read the comments, where one poster states Columbus has until 2 picks before the Kings pick to decide if they want to take the 30th overall pick or wait until the next year. I didn't find a link to an actual article, but it's 1 a.m. here and I'm heading to bed.

I know that's correct, I know it wasn't up until the Kings pick was on the clock before Columbus had to decide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad