Kings News: Jonathan Bernier to TML for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, & 2nd ('14 or '15) (pst#276)

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
So it's down to the Flyers, Wild, and Leafs.

Interesting, considering Minny doesn't have a first-round pick.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008

Wild have a very very good prospect pool. Lots of young talent they can afford to move to land Bernier if they wanted to.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007

Would you rather get a 1st round pick and a so-so prospect or a good establishing young player and a 2nd?

I don't think the Maple Leafs are giving up the 21st overall pick and Frattin.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Where did this info come from???

RDS.

Would you rather get a 1st round pick and a so-so prospect or a good establishing young player and a 2nd?

I don't think the Maple Leafs are giving up the 21st overall pick and Frattin.

It all depends on the pick and good established young player being offered. I'd rather have a first over Frattin, since I know thats what you're thinking.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
RDS.

It all depends on the pick and good established young player being offered. I'd rather have a first over Frattin, since I know thats what you're thinking.

I'll believe it when Bernier is traded. (Curls into fetal position)

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
RDS.

You're picking 18 year olds late in the 1st round and hoping they become 50-60 point NHL forwards or second pairing defencemen in the NHL. Matt Frattin will be that in the next 3 years and fits in with the team. I don't understand the logic behind a late 1st rounder being better than a guy like Matt Frattin.

You're already one of the 5 youngest teams in the league.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Would Kings fans be interested in having another goalie back? Because I honestly don't want the Wild to trade for Bernier.

Hopefully they offered Clutterbuck's rights + picks and not high prospects. In fact, please don't take the Wild's offer.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
You're picking 18 year olds late in the 1st round and hoping they become 50-60 point NHL forwards or second pairing defencemen in the NHL. Matt Frattin will be that in the next 3 years and fits in with the team. I don't understand the logic behind a late 1st rounder being better than a guy like Matt Frattin.

He's a RWer. He'd be our 4th best RWer and none of them are going to swap to the LW. We don't need RWers. The only roster spots we have available are on the left side. What we do need is another higher end prospect as we're short on them. We have time to draft and develop a player. Our immediate NHL needs are short and Frattin doesn't help this team much unless he can play 2nd line LW.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA

The number of high-end prospects in the system is minimal, a 1st round pick could bring that, they already have numerous Frattin bottom 6 types in the system.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Would Kings fans be interested in having another goalie back? Because I honestly don't want the Wild to trade for Bernier.

Hopefully they offered Clutterbuck's rights + picks and not high prospects. In fact, please don't take the Wild's offer.

We don't need Clutter. He too is a RWer. We don't need any RWers. Plus he'd probably be too expensive. We'd need someone younger, cheaper, and a LWer. Or prospects and picks.

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010

I think it's safe to say, if Minny offers that, then the kings would say no

As for a goalie, depends on who and the caphit.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
If it's the Wild, I'm thinking that Lombardi has his sights set on Coyle or Zucker, and my guess is that the Wild will not be parting with Coyle.

This is what I'm thinking too. But there was the news that Toronto offered a significant package for him and if Minny is still in the running, you'd think there MIGHT be a possibility it is Coyle. How sweet would it be to have a Sharks first rounder come over to our team and light them up? I want Coyle just for that reason. Cause **** SJ.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
You've got to think of all the teams out there Toronto would give the best offer. And that is simply because Leiweke is in the very unique position of know exactly how good Bernier is. Yes others have seen him but he really knows him.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This is what I'm thinking too. But there was the news that Toronto offered a significant package for him and if Minny is still in the running, you'd think there MIGHT be a possibility it is Coyle. How sweet would it be to have a Sharks first rounder come over to our team and light them up? I want Coyle just for that reason. Cause **** SJ.

And from what we saw of Coyle (at least in games against Kings) he looks like a gamer and can be inserted into the lineup as opposed to waiting for a prospect to develop.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
I'd love Jason Zucker but I don't think the Wild are willing to part with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad