Kings News: Jonathan Bernier to TML for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, & 2nd ('14 or '15) (pst#276)

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
A reel of plays from Frattin courtesy of NHL.com:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/search.htm?q=frattin&tab=video

Just watching those clips you can take away the following points:

-Frattin is a shifty skater who can beat players in one-on-one situations or can skate around defenders. In one of the clips he went through the bigger Eric Brewer with a nifty inside out move, and also beat Seidenberg in a one-on-one situation. The goal he scored on Brodeur, beating Adam Larsson wide, is a thing of beauty.

-He really does have an extra gear and can blow by defensemen with his speed.

-Frattin has above average offensive instincts. Seems to get himself in position to generate good quality scoring opportunities.

-He has a very quick release, the puck doesn't take very long to explode off of the blade of his stick. He has a nifty snap shot that he likes to use, seems to be his go-to weapon of choice.

-He's strong on his skates, and while he isn't small, he has a similar stocky build as Dustin Brown. In fact, they're both the same size at 6'0" and 200+ pounds.

-You have to see Frattin's goal against the Kings, it's something you'll really get a kick out of watching. He gets past his man (Gagne) and gets behind the Kings defense to knock the puck from mid-air and past Jonathan Quick. Frattin has exceptional hand-eye coordination as he's made other plays knocking the puck from mid-air and onto his stick for a goal/scoring chance.

Watching highlights on Frattin gives me the impression that he is unlike any LW the Kings attempted to use with Richards and Carter (aside from maybe Toffoli) and is significantly superior to King and Lewis in offensive skills and creativity. While I'm not expecting astronomical numbers from Frattin, I think that 15-20+ goals and 40+ points would not be out of the ordinary for Frattin, especially if he is given the opportunity to play in a top six role and on the second powerplay unit.

spot on! im excited to see how he performs in LA, hopefully in a top six role.

he goes to the net to score his goals. good hands and a heavy slap shot although he hasnt used it much in the NHL.

couple highlights from his college days

this ones for lolz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad