Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
His TSN 1040 interview makes me a lot more optimistic about the pick.

Kid sounds like he is going to put 200% effort into his skating in the off-season. If he can get Horvat like dedication to improving his skating we'll have a good one for sure.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He measured at 6'1" just under 200lbs at the combine not as "big" as the 6'2" 209lbs that he is listed elsewhere. Will that mean anything?

Would have preferred Lipanov but as a late 2nd round pick this is a solid pick. A legitimate late first/early 2nd talent for sure.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
He might be the first of this Canucks draft class to make the team. He plays a simple game and plays it pretty well. If he can play at NHL pace and not hurt the team defensively, he could start in 2018.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
His TSN 1040 interview makes me a lot more optimistic about the pick.

Kid sounds like he is going to put 200% effort into his skating in the off-season. If he can get Horvat like dedication to improving his skating we'll have a good one for sure.

Can't be upset with this one.

I already liked the pick. Had Gadjovich rated higher. And his interviews were indeed very encouraging.

Has a good shot and goes to the dirty areas. If he picks up his skating, he could be maybe the closest thing to the second coming of Bertuzzi we'll ever get.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Can't be upset with this one.

I already liked the pick. Had Gadjovich rated higher. And his interviews were indeed very encouraging.

Has a good shot and goes to the dirty areas. If he picks up his skating, he could be maybe the closest thing to the second coming of Bertuzzi we'll ever get.

His playing style is nothing like Bertuzzi. He is not a skill player. He plays a very simple (but damn smart) game. A safe projection is Troy Brouwer. That's a very good pick at 55.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
getty_jgadjovich.jpg

TheSnipeshow91

Aug 11, 2014
The thing about gadjovich is that he scores his goals by grinding in front of the net, and those are the type of goals that will translate to the NHL (As compared to Virtanen, who relied more on his Athletic ability and skating to score). He can become the best power forward out of this draft if he works on his skating.

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015
He's invited to the summer camp for the WJ. Wouldn't surprise me if he makes it in a grinding, power Ritchie/Gauthier role

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
This guy must have gone through puberty when he was like 10.
So comfortable in front of the camera too

Just looked him up, how is this guy 18? He looks like he's in his mid twenties and models for hugo boss or just got the starring role in one of marvels newest movies.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
From Brock Otten's linked article:
'...his skating has actually improved every year he's been in the OHL, and he actually skates reasonably well for a big man now.'

'Best case scenario you're looking at a guy like James Neal, and at worst a guy like Joel Ward. I feel like Gadjovich is a pretty safe bet to be an NHL player. '

'Gadjovich is also a very good two-way player who is just as effective without the puck as he is with it.'

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017/05/my-final-top-50-ohl-players-for-2017_16.html

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
From Brock Otten's linked article:
'...his skating has actually improved every year he's been in the OHL, and he actually skates reasonably well for a big man now.'

'Best case scenario you're looking at a guy like James Neal, and at worst a guy like Joel Ward. I feel like Gadjovich is a pretty safe bet to be an NHL player. '

'Gadjovich is also a very good two-way player who is just as effective without the puck as he is with it.'

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017/05/my-final-top-50-ohl-players-for-2017_16.html

In that article he is described as "strong as an ox".

Horvat has also been referred to as being an ox.

Horvat needed to work on his skating, he did, and look at the him now.

Gadjovich also needs to work on his skating.

First positive feeling about this team in a while.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
In that article he is described as "strong as an ox".

Horvat has also been referred to as being an ox.

Horvat needed to work on his skating, he did, and look at the him now.

Gadjovich also needs to work on his skating.

First positive feeling about this team in a while.

We can have a line of oxen to sow the ice sheet.

Roy Baby*

Sep 28, 2015
Phoenix,AZ
His professionalism and maturity is what impresses me the most and leaves me 0 doubt that he'll be a demon this summer turning his skating into a strength. You can tell by his physique that he trains the right way and has incredible discipline.

I can already see Rogers Arena filled with Gadjovich jerseys as a fan favorite. . What an interesting group of characters in the pipeline.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
My favorite Canucks prospect. I could see this kid becoming a fan favorite

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
My favorite Canucks prospect. I could see this kid becoming a fan favorite

I definitely see it. Has a gritty, hardworking game that can appeal to the oldschool crowd. Also has very good production and underlying numbers for the analytic guys.

Seems to be a very good speaker and genuine person as well. If he reaches his potential, I could definitely see a letter on him. He's pretty unanimously considered our best value draft pick this year.

Very happy with this pick all around, I'm surprised that we were able to land both him and Lind -- had both ranked in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad