Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
He had a better season than Tippett. 46 goals is amongst the highest in this draft.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
He's got sick hands. The types of goals he scores - deflections, rebounds, etc. translate really well to the NHL. He also has a wicked wrist shot and slapper so can score from distance.

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
It's almost like that BS about people having an agenda was ... BS. And people will post supportively if the franchise does things that make sense.

Yup. I've been incredibly critical of Benning from the start, but I'm not afraid to call good moves good moves if he makes them. This draft has been very promising with players with upside that aren't reaches for where they're taken EDIT: Gunnarsson aside now, unfortunately...

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
It's almost like that BS about people having an agenda was ... BS. And people will post supportively if the franchise does things that make sense.

There are a lot of agenda here. I'm as big a critic of Benning as any, but there are literally dozens of posts saying things like "Benning will trade up and then pick Rasmussen ..."

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is a great pick. To get a guy with size who scored at a goal/game clip in the 2nd half of a CHL season at #55 overall in a weak draft is massive.

A crappy playoffs dropped his stock which really worked in our favour here. Would have been happy with this player at 33 and rate him ahead of Lind.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
This is a great pick. To get a guy with size who scored at a goal/game clip in the 2nd half of a CHL season at #55 overall in a weak draft is massive.

A crappy playoffs dropped his stock which really worked in our favour here. Would have been happy with this player at 33 and rate him ahead of Lind.

He did not play poorly in the playoffs, he just did not score. When Hancock played the left, Gadjovich dropped down a line. Still played well.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
There are a lot of agenda here. I'm as big a critic of Benning as any, but there are literally dozens of posts saying things like "Benning will trade up and then pick Rasmussen ..."

Yeah the "watch Benning (do something ludicrously stupid)" posts were nothing more than grating.

Anyway, good pick, good upside. Send him to skating boot camp, pronto!

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Everything I've read is really positive about this pick. Gotta like his size, attitude, and goal output.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lots of people here had this kid at 33. So I'm happy with him st 55 since Hague was gone

After watching those highlight packages, I'm surprised Vegas didn't grab him at 34....seemed to work well with Suzuki, their second first-round pick....but they grabbed the big d-man Hague instead.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Reminds me of Boone Jenner. Could be a solid middle sixer that brings skill with grit. Prospect pool needed someone like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad