Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
How could we guess the pick wasn’t high enough excuse would float here lol it was used within the week to defend Kole Lind at 33rd overall.

Some folks want nothing more than to lower the bar of expectations and deflect accountability from coaches and managers. It’s sad and I wish other folks would ignore it.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
FFS... I was really hoping he'd turn into a player for us. And yet we are keeping garbage like Petan and Chaisson and a bunch of other veteran nobodies with no upside and little actual side. Boo to this and best of luck to Gadjo with the Sharks.
Gadjovich is not NHL ready simple as that, tbh I don't understand the hype he's too slow for the NHL he isn't gonna be a top 6 player.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
FFS... I was really hoping he'd turn into a player for us. And yet we are keeping garbage like Petan and Chaisson and a bunch of other veteran nobodies with no upside and little actual side. Boo to this and best of luck to Gadjo with the Sharks.

Gadjovich is not NHL ready simple as that, tbh I don't understand the hype he's too slow for the NHL he isn't gonna be a top 6 player.

Gadjovich in all likelihood may never have a NHL career but he's only 22 years old. Those other two are AHL scrubs at this point (Petan @ 26 years old & Chaisson @ 31 years old).

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I never understood this "sneak him through waivers" argument. It never made sense to me at any time (not just talking about Gads).

Like, how hard is it for other teams to just...look at a list? If a team had a passing interest in a player, via pro scouting, prior to them being waived, it's not like they're just gonna miss that he's on waivers.

Are people really thinking opposing clubs' brass are looking at the waiver list and thinking, "well damn, 20 players at once, I can't read all those names, guess I'll just ignore it". Like seriously. This is a crazy thought process.

He was the ONLY player picked up who was waived in the NHL yesterday. Interesting.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
He's 22 and made some serious improvements. He can definitely be an NHL player. If you don't believe he won't be a top 6 does not mean he is useless, there are 4 fwd lines.

It's the continued decisions to toss the asset away for nothing that gets people really frustrated.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
speaking of agendas... it's clear you'd rather blindly follow whatever preconceived notion about why fans lose their minds over such situations than actually take the time to understand that it's not *this* situation, it's the amalgamation of all the situations and the fact that alebit this is mostly a non-issue, it's one that didn't need to happen (like many others).

Or you can pop in, cite "agenda! everyone but ME is bias!" and roll out with no actual contribution or argument against "the guys with an agenda" ?

quoting to like because I can’t like.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
lmao my god, are you all living in some fantasy world where Jonah Gadjovich was going to make or break the canucks season

some of you need to stop watching hockey if your hatred for jim benning has warped your head into thinking like this.

no surprise the eeyore's of the board are out in full force

better all pitch in for another banner to be flown
BF09584E-130E-4637-92F2-6DF1D426976C.gif

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I never understood this "sneak him through waivers" argument. It never made sense to me at any time (not just talking about Gads).

Like, how hard is it for other teams to just...look at a list? If a team had a passing interest in a player, via pro scouting, prior to them being waived, it's not like they're just gonna miss that he's on waivers.

Are people really thinking opposing clubs' brass are looking at the waiver list and thinking, "well damn, 20 players at once, I can't read all those names, guess I'll just ignore it". Like seriously. This is a crazy thought process.
464D87E1-008A-4F6E-895D-EDAA46BB3E83.gif

Reactions: mossey3535

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I don't get the dislike for Petan. He is a useful addition to the organization if deployed properly. But that doesn't change the fact that waiving Petan would have been preferred over losing Gadjovich. And Chaison doesn't even need waivers, he's on a PTO. Basically they lost an asset for absolutely no reason.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Is this going to be the official spin?
What I wonder is which pick is the cutoff in any given round so that it can be referred to as the actual round it is? How early in a round must a pick be to not “may as well be” the next round?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I don't get the dislike for Petan. He is a useful addition to the organization if deployed properly. But that doesn't change the fact that waiving Petan would have been preferred over losing Gadjovich. And Chaison doesn't even need waivers, he's on a PTO. Basically they lost an asset for absolutely no reason.

Deployed properly for Petan means full time AHL and only in the NHL when they go quite deep on injuries up front. He shouldn’t see more than a half dozen games through the season at this point. I suspect he’ll be past that point by the end of October.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
This organization just bleeds assets. Imagine having McCann as a centre option, Tanev, Toffolli still in the mix along with Stecher. Forsling, Madden, Lind, Gadjovich still in the organization. Draft Tkachuk or Chychrun (one of these two I wanted) and Ehlers.

I appreciate that hindsight is 20/20. But these are all moves that were feasible, reasonable, and advocated for by a majority of the pundits and internet warriors.

Had they made (or not) these few simple moves the team would not only be competitive, it could be a contender with a deeper prospect pool.

Last edited:

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Deployed properly for Petan means full time AHL and only in the NHL when they go quite deep on injuries up front. He shouldn’t see more than a half dozen games through the season at this point. I suspect he’ll be past that point by the end of October.
I will probably end up agreeing with you on this but I haven't watched him enough to confirm - I'm still biased by his junior days. Still not worth losing Gad.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
This was so telegraphed as well. If the management thought he would get through waivers they are even dumber than they seem. No one covering the league thought he would clear waivers

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

Because he is 26 and has bounced around the league and belongs in the AHL. Because he got oodles of ice time in pre season because he played for Travis in Portand and did nothing with it, while Gadjo worked hard to improve, looked good, getting 2 points in 2 games playing with shit linemates and was given no other chance before giving him away for nothing to keep vertan plugs with no upside.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
He's 22 and made some serious improvements. He can definitely be an NHL player. If you don't believe he won't be a top 6 does not mean he is useless, there are 4 fwd lines.

It's the continued decisions to toss the asset away for nothing that gets people really frustrated.

Well he isn't strong defensively, doesn't play on the PK, is too slow on the forecheck, and his speed isn't NHL ready. Sure he could be a bottom 6 player in the future but those players are very easy to replace especially once you start winning. People on this site love to overrate young prospects but in reality, Petan and Chassion right now are both better than Gadjovich.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
No one covering the league thought he would clear waivers

What? Who was willing to say that Gadjovich won't clear waivers for sure?

I know JPat was recently on and he wasn't willing to say Gadjovich won't clear waivers.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
We kept Nic Petan over Jonah. I fking hate our front office
And coaching staff. This puts a sour taste in Abbotsford and Vancouver. Weisbrod was drooling over this guy in draft videos now we lose him for nothing. Losing Gadjovuch will hurt for a while

Let’s see if TB waives Katchouk or another prospect. Bet they hang onto their guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad