Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Well he isn't strong defensively, doesn't play on the PK, is too slow on the forecheck, and his speed isn't NHL ready. Sure he could be a bottom 6 player in the future but those players are very easy to replace especially once you start winning. People on this site love to overrate young prospects but in reality, Petan and Chassion right now are both better than Gadjovich.

Petan is tiny 5'9 weak....has been spoon fed top 6 minutes by Travis like tonight again and done nothing with them like he has his whole career.

He has 38 points in 136 NHL games while supposed to being an offensive player. Exactly what does this little player provide when he is not scoring?

Reactions: DekeyPete

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Because he is 26 and has bounced around the league and belongs in the AHL. Because he got oodles of ice time in pre season because he played for Travis in Portand and did nothing with it, while Gadjo worked hard to improve, looked good, getting 2 points in 2 games playing with shit linemates and was given no other chance before giving him away for nothing to keep vertan plugs with no upside.
OTT IMO

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Petan is tiny 5'9 weak....has been spoon fed top 6 minutes by Travis like tonight again and done nothing with them like he has his whole career.

He has 38 points in 136 NHL games while supposed to being an offensive player. Exactly what does this little player provide when he is not scoring?
Petan plays center which gadjovich doesn't plan s if asked petan would play the pk, petan is faster and reads the play better than gadjovich right now, gadjovich might be good enough to be in a bottom 6 role in the next two years but for right now will Lockwood, chassion, Highmore, and even Bailey imo are ahead of him in the depth chart

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
No, they are thinking that all teams have too many players at this time and they also have to waive some guys....so why would they pick up another guy and make the situation even move difficult for them. Plus, teams seem to have an elevated view of the potential of their own players over other teams rejects.

I get this line of thinking. But if some other teams were ever interested in Gads, there is no "sneaking" him through waivers. They'll see him. If they liked him enough, they'll put in a claim.

With respect to the bolded, at least we know Benning thinks the opposite lmao.

Reactions: mossey3535

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow! Multiple teams put in a claim for Gadjovich.....but Sharks got first crack because of their finish in last year's standings.

So much for 'sneaking him' through waivers.....looks like a number of teams were aware of the Canucks situation and were ready to pounce.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Petan plays center which gadjovich doesn't plan s if asked petan would play the pk, petan is faster and reads the play better than gadjovich right now, gadjovich might be good enough to be in a bottom 6 role in the next two years but for right now will Lockwood, chassion, Highmore, and even Bailey imo are ahead of him in the depth chart

Are you just a mouth piece for TG and the front office? LOL

Lockwood is fast and physical, but has no idea what to do with the puck, Chiasson looks old and slow and in imo looked really bad during preseason. I like Highmore effort level, but I think he is exactly like Motte and thus will not produce much offence, especially in a bottom 6 filled with other Motte-like players. Bailey is alright, but is coming off a major injury and had no training camp.

Gad is more deserving out of all these players and might still be something more with the development that he has had for the last 2 years

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
So Petan, Focht and Dries are still on the team, but Gadjovic's been lost on waivers. Because of course he has. He's in the system for years, steadily improving, and just when you're thinking: "Hey, this kid needs a genuine shot on the big club!" that's instantly when they toss him aside. Symptomatic of so many stupid things about the way this team's run.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I had no idea he was on waivers because I was busy yesterday. Wasn't a fan of his but he improved every year and I was growing on him. Doesn't make sense to get rid of him while keeping plugs who have little or no potential. At least with Jonah he was getting better and there is potential.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
speaking of agendas... it's clear you'd rather blindly follow whatever preconceived notion about why fans lose their minds over such situations than actually take the time to understand that it's not *this* situation, it's the amalgamation of all the situations and the fact that alebit this is mostly a non-issue, it's one that didn't need to happen (like many others).

Or you can pop in, cite "agenda! everyone but ME is bias!" and roll out with no actual contribution or argument against "the guys with an agenda" ?

that's a lot of words to say "I dislike management immensely".

Hey I concur - i'm not super stoked on this move either.........but I'm also not thinking losing this guy is gonna be anywhere near the catastrophe on here a lot of people are going to portray this as.........however i get it - Benning and co. have earned this virtriol.............so carry on.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
that's a lot of words to say "I dislike management immensely".

Hey I concur - i'm not super stoked on this move either.........but I'm also not thinking losing this guy is gonna be anywhere near the catastrophe on here a lot of people are going to portray this as.........however i get it - Benning and co. have earned this virtriol.............so carry on.

Again, nobody has framed this as a 'catastrophe'.

People are frustrated because this small bungled situation is another reminder of the lack of competence of our management team.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Again, nobody has framed this as a 'catastrophe'.

People are frustrated because this small bungled situation is another reminder of the lack of competence of our management team.

I completely understand however I don't quite think this is bungled........they decided that Gadj wasn't part of our future - so they proceeded accordingly. Unless they thought they could sneek him thru you can call it a poor hockey decision that you disagree with however that is a tad bit different then "bungled"..................which brings me back to my original post..........

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I completely understand however I don't quite think this is bungled........they decided that Gadj wasn't part of our future - so they proceeded accordingly. Unless they thought they could sneek him thru you can call it a poor hockey decision that you disagree with however that is a tad bit different then "bungled"..................which brings me back to my original post..........

They were clearly trying to sneak him through waivers and mis-evaluated interest and lost the player for nothing without seeing what they had. Moreover, if multiple teams were interested, we probably could have got an asset back.

It's the definition of bungled.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
They were clearly trying to sneak him through waivers and mis-evaluated interest and lost the player for nothing without seeing what they had. Moreover, if multiple teams were interested, we probably could have got an asset back.

It's the definition of bungled.

Well that's your narrative.........I don't think it's clear at all that they were trying to sneak him thru but I will admit it is possible............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad