Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Right Gaudette didn't make the team but you missed the point. The point is that those guys or most of those guys weren't expected to make the team and did. We were talking about "pre-set" rosters here.

I mean, yes. A couple Di Giuseppe types have snuck through as a depth forward. And then a bunch of guys you're listing were absolutely expected to make the team (or at least management had pre-determined that they'd make the team).

Reactions: Bubbles

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Just another example of this management needlessly bleeding assets. Why not give him a couple regular season games to get a better sense of what he is before waiving him? He clearly had a better camp than a couple guys that will make this roster.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
More assets lost for nothing. Literally nothing.

This franchise is so ass backwards. Why even try if you’re a fringe prospect here?
Best of luck to Gad

Reactions: BrentSopelsHair

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The worst part is the guy actually gained a step this offseason, This is complete bullshit

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Motte was a regular right from when we traded for him. There was a bit of competition but I think most expected he'd make the team.

Skille, Cracknell were Di Guiseppe types that eked into the 13th forward spot.

Schaller ... really? He's the opposite of being on this list.

Virtanen was part of the Advanced Development thing where it was pre-determined that he would be on the roster, and made the team after a very underwhelming preseason. McCann was part of that, too although he probably did earn a spot.

Gaudette never really made the team out of camp. He was cut and then immediately we had a bunch of injuries that forced him into the lineup.

Hutton - yes, he earned a spot.

Exactly. And I was talking about homegrown guys, guys we've drafted and let mature in the AHL. Skille/Cracknell/Di Guiseppe/Schaller were all age gappers that were acquired from other organizations.

The only player we've drafted and let mature at the AHL AND still plays on the team is Juolevi.

Brock/Petey/Hughes/Hogs jumped straight to the NHL.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This is solely on travis green btw, He is the one who made the call here for sure.
Sick of the "oh he can't PK, hes not as useful" Bullshit.
The guy improved every season, did everything the team asked of him, gained a step, scored goals, and we lose him for f***ing nothing.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
We kept Nic Petan over Jonah. I fking hate our front office

Chiasson vs. Gadjovich is more frustrating to me.

Very similar type players who would project into a similar role (bottom-6/2nd unit PP). They could have given Gadjovich a good look in competition with Chiasson - and if Chiasson out-performs him, fine - but instead they're just handing the spot to a crap veteran.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
lol...just lol @ Green

I don't think Gadj will be some sort of game changer, but he looked better to me than some of the scrubs still on this roster right now and I love how he put in the work to lose weight and get faster. Good for him to still land on a NHL roster.

Reactions: JumpierPegasus

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Chiasson vs. Gadjovich is more frustrating to me.

Very similar type players who would project into a similar role (bottom-6/2nd unit PP). They could have given Gadjovich a good look in competition with Chiasson - and if Chiasson out-performs him, fine - but instead they're just handing the spot to a crap veteran.
Travis Green. f*** me.

Reactions: Zippgunn

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Oh damn it.

I guess Gadjovich > Lind.

I hope Canucks re-claim Gadjovich if he re-enters waivers. They have never done that that but I hope they do.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Not in the least surprised. Yet another dim Jim / travesty Green screw up. One of the few hopeful guys for the future.

However, we might as well trade our 2nd and 3rd round draft picks if we are going to handle them this incompetently.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Not in the least surprised. Yet another dim Jim / travesty Green screw up. One of the few hopeful guys for the future.

However, we might as well trade our 2nd and 3rd round draft picks if we are going to handle them this incompetently.
Travesty Green! I like that. I’m stealing that.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Hahaha, what a f***up.

They don't play the guy in the preseason to find out what they have, try to sneak him through waivers, and then lose him anyway.

You’ve called them out on their agenda regarding Gadjovic the whole preseason and how they telegraphed their decision leading to today - props to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad