Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
You’ve called them out on their agenda regarding Gadjovic the whole preseason and how they telegraphed their decision leading to today - props to you.
I think a lot of us did, it was just that obvious

If us fans figured it out, I'm sure other teams who had Gadjovich on their radar definitely knew lol

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Gadjovich probably won't amount to much. He could easily end up being waived by San Jose after showing conclusively that he's not an NHL player, end up in the AHL, and then Europe.

But there's a small but real chance he could be good. He could be an above average 4th liner, or maybe even a third liner, who offers an important extra on the second unit power play, along with toughness. He could turn into a low-cost gem. What could Chiasson turn into? What could Petan become?

The problem with too many of management's decisions, from big ones, like trading for Miller, to small ones, like who to waive, is that they consistently mis-evaluate where they are as a team. It might make sense for a contender to jettison a young unknown who could become something special and instead hang on to a vet who's never going to amount to much but who probably, for at least one season, provides some small, marginal advantage. I'll say again, it might make sense for a contender. The Canucks aren't that.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Oh damn it.

I guess Gadjovich > Lind.

I hope Canucks re-claim Gadjovich if he re-enters waivers. They have never done that that but I hope they do.
There’s no way we’d reclaim him. Management’s egos would get in the way and they wouldn’t reclaim as an I-told-you-so.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
somebody could correct me on this
But I’m guessing there is 90 teams in the CHL maybe?

ron Delorme can’t find a damn thing in there.

Really is wild
The lack of success drafting out of the WHL/BCHL over the years is most embarrassing, literally right in your back yard and arguably the worst drafting team out of those leagues

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Dropping like flies

Juolevi and dipietro and woo are what is left of 24+ picks out of the CHL.

Easily the most embarrassing department of this is organization is the CHL scouting

you could spend $3.50 on the hockey news draft profile and pick CHL names at random and probably have better success.

It's actually embarrassing how bad we've drafted out of the CHL, and especially the WHL. For years we've depended on Gradin for Swedes and Judd for Americans.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Ever since sneaking Markstrom down, we have the worst luck with waivers. Corrado? Claimed. Cracknell? Claimed. A soon to be retired McKenna? Claimed. Now Gadjovich? Claimed. Even Leipsic got claimed (granted we probably wanted that to happen).

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
There’s no way we’d reclaim him. Management’s egos would get in the way and they wouldn’t reclaim as an I-told-you-so.

But it could still be a told you so. Because if no one puts in a claim and we do we can send Gadjovich down to Abbotsford.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I really want to believe that these guys know what they're doing (or at least aren't stupid) but I also can't for the life of me figure out why they risk losing a young guy who still has a lot of upside and showed significant improvement both last year and over the summer for a bunch of older veterans who can be picked up basically at league minimum for free.

Is it really this bad?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Maybe it’s not bad luck. Maybe it’s not knowing when to send guys down. Maybe it’s locking in on useless veteran waiver fodder like Petan and Chiasson and failing to give a system kid a proper look or chance to make a team.

In the last year the guy did everything asked of him. He produced in the minors. He worked on his mobility. He had a strong camp. He showed well in limited ice during the pre-season. They rewarded him by putting the likes of Chiasson and Petan ahead of him. Players you don’t even need to evaluate in camp as they are what they are. Not to mention MacEwan who has had a terrible camp.

it’s simply poor coaching and management yet again. It’s not a huge loss but it is another paper cut and minor embarrassment.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
The lack of success drafting out of the WHL/BCHL over the years is most embarrassing, literally right in your back yard and arguably the worst drafting team out of those leagues

It really is. It's not even a symptom of Benning, it was bad during Gillis' time and Nonis time. The one constant is Ron Delorme, who has survived all those regimes.

The WHL has a plethora of talent in the next two drafts, I fully expect the Canucks to miss out on all of them.

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
Would have been nice to see him get a chance in Vancouver.

Unfortunately it appears like Benning/Green are all in on old vets to save their jobs...

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Although this might seem like a small thing - the big picture is that your star players don’t want to sign long term with your franchise because of incompetent decisions like these.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I wanna go off on Jim on this one.
But let's not kid ourselves, This is mostly on the back of Travis Green.
For some god forsaken reason, He absolutely refuses to have people in the bottom 6 who can't PK, Yet he brought everything else.
I would take Gad over 75% of our bottom 6 right now.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I wanna go off on Jim on this one.
But let's not kid ourselves, This is mostly on the back of Travis Green.
For some god forsaken reason, He absolutely refuses to have people in the bottom 6 who can't PK, Yet he brought everything else.
I would take Gad over 75% of our bottom 6 right now.
Travis Green (Keenan): You seen my contract? It says I decide who plays and who doesn't
DimJim (Burke): You seen my contract? I get to hire bad NHL head coaches.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Don't really care because this wasn't surprising at all and Gad likely doesn't amount to anything ( but boy would it suck if he did)

Green always overvalues pk utility over 5v5 play which just seems fitting with how the rest of the org makes decisions.

Based off preseason play Gad should have been ahead of Mac, Chiasson, Petan(green only loves small, skilled guys that he knows), and Lockwood.

Keeping Mac over him is really surprising now that I think about it; He hasn't really looked good for like 2 years now

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
This can be a bigger mistake, gadjovich was never given an opportunity to play higher in the lineup.

If he carves out a decent NHL career, will look really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad