Jon Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
plus if you asked me or most people before the playoffs we all thought boston was better then the Caps by far.

I think the Caps were just bigger and could match our speed and intensity. So we were not a good match up for the Caps. The Bruins were not an overly physical team compared to their older ones. They werent as fast as we were either. Basically we ended up being a much better match up against them than many thought. Than I thought. We all thought this would be the big bad Bruins but they were not. I think even though this was not the best Caps team on paper that weve seen in recent years there was a big difference in how they played. They skated hard and fast. They were relentless. With that kind of size, speed, and skill it was just too much for our team in a long series. I thought our effort was poor in those last couple of games but I also credit the Caps and how they took advantage of the kind of team they have.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bring back Gordie Dwyer to the Bolts. Has HC experience now in the KHL and Swiss Elite league
He's won one playoff round since making the move up to major junior in 2011-12, and he's never been above .500 in Europe. Maybe that's slightly unfair as the KHL is a bit wacky, but based on wins, I don't see it.

I don't know if he knows English, but 38 year-old Sam Hallam is the two-time reigning coach of the year in the SHL for the Vaxjo Lakers. I've got to figure there's more upside there, if we're talking about Euro league candidates.

Serge Aubin, Mark French, Greg Ireland (NLA) and Libor Zabransky in the Czech Extraliga have NA experience, however.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Wasn't disappointed in them when they lost a hard fought game 7 in 2011, same thing in 2016, but this years loss was pathetic, that 3rd period has to be one of the most embarrassing levels of play from this franchise.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
replace cooper already "Marlies coach Sheldon Keefe said. ""That just showed how resilient we were as a team and how competitive we are. And just the fact that we weren't going to be denied."

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
With our luck Trotz would go back to being a guy who couldnt get past the 2nd round.
this year is the only time as an NHL head coach he made it past the second round, but it's not like Mike Babcock has seen the conference finals since 2009 or that Coach Q hasn't alternated between first round exits and Stanley Cup Championships.

Trotz is only really a fit if the Lightning want to adopt heavy hockey, which is a very valid way to play, but not really how we do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CupsOverCash

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
They didn't want to pay a SC championship coach?

WTF?

Can we send them cooper?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Well Trotz is UFA, so we could still flip Coop for some assistant prospects.
Nope Trotz is not a free agent he has a contract with the caps due to him winning the Stanley cup it triggered a two year extension. Going from 1.5 per season to 1.8 per season he wanted more so he resigned. So a team would have to trade the caps a pick to hire Trotz and receive the caps permission for a interview.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Todd Reirden had been getting some media murmurs about him becoming a head coach elsewhere.

Oh. First I've heard of any of this. Didn't even see the Trotz thing coming so I never paid attention to their situation. Went into their board and skimmed around. Shrugs.

Well Trotz is UFA, so we could still flip Coop for some assistant prospects.

Cooper for Halak, Ryder and a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad