Jon Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Pretty much, yeah. NHL coaches never get to the Cup-or-Bust point. It's not the same as the NFL.
Or in soccer. Where, sometimes, the coaches have to win the next game or go home for real.
Our, sometimes, they've to win a Cup not to be fired.
I think that Yzerman is not like soccer or football GMs...So I'll be very surprised if, in a month or two, I'll read about a new head coach.
Btw...the question is: who?
I cannot see a coach, available, that, for sure, is better than Cooper (and I'm not a big fan of Coop).
To be honest, the first to be fired is Bowness imho...

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Years later, Lecavalier says the tough love from Tortorella was the best thing to happen to him. Lecavalier said that if he were a GM, he’d hire a coach just like Tortorella.

As vinny is older now he realizes he needed a coach like torts for those years now !

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Years later, Lecavalier says the tough love from Tortorella was the best thing to happen to him. Lecavalier said that if he were a GM, he’d hire a coach just like Tortorella.

As vinny is older now he realizes he needed a coach like torts for those years now !

..and who would that be? Do you want to bring back Torts? Mike Keenan?

I've seen some advocate for Cooper to be fired but I've seen very few suggestions who we should bring in instead. Horrible suggestions like AV and then Sheldon Keefe as pretty much the only other option that could be of interest but from what read he is more a Cooper coach than a Torts kind of coach.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
..and who would that be? Do you want to bring back Torts? Mike Keenan?

I've seen some advocate for Cooper to be fired but I've seen very few suggestions who we should bring in instead. Horrible suggestions like AV and then Sheldon Keefe as pretty much the only other option that could be of interest but from what read he is more a Cooper coach than a Torts kind of coach.
bring in sutter for all I care lol

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's every piece of Cooper's staff who's been replaced, at least once.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Yep every one but cooper lol does cooper have dirt on yzerman ? How does everyone get replaced on coopers staff once and he is still here ?
Well there is still plenty of time. Not saying Yzerman will fire Cooper this off season but if he is then there is still loads of time for it to happen. But I don't think Yzerman fires Cooper unless he finds someone that he believes is a clear upgrade.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Well there is still plenty of time. Not saying Yzerman will fire Cooper this off season but if he is then there is still loads of time for it to happen. But I don't think Yzerman fires Cooper unless he finds someone that he believes is a clear upgrade.
At this point I think yzerman is giving cooper another season to see what he can do.Is stupid to replace all the other coaches and not cooper also! Say you fired cooper after next season the new coach would want to hire his own assistants not the new ones cooper brought in

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yep every one but cooper lol does cooper have dirt on yzerman ? How does everyone get replaced on coopers staff once and he is still here ?

Well, the one thing to be said for Coop is, he didn't have a say in his initial staff. We've gradually been moving more toward "Cooper's staff," from the staff Yzerman handed to him. So I mean, all we can do is hope for the best. I'm not a Cooper supporter, but I want the guy to succeed for the sake of the team.

Reactions: Todd1a and Hoek

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Well, the one thing to be said for Coop is, he didn't have a say in his initial staff. We've gradually been moving more toward "Cooper's staff," from the staff Yzerman handed to him. So I mean, all we can do is hope for the best. I'm not a Cooper supporter, but I want the guy to succeed for the sake of the team.
At this point I think yzerman is giving cooper another season to see what he can do.Is stupid to replace all the other coaches and not cooper also! Say you fired cooper after next season the new coach would want to hire his own assistants not the new ones cooper brought in
for sure I want the lightning to win a stanley cup and I want cooper to win but I just don't see it with cooper as HC.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
for sure I want the lightning to win a stanley cup and I want cooper to win but I just don't see it with cooper as HC.

You could be right. I just think our team gets too soft late in the playoffs when the whistles get put away. Or they arent big enough to fight through it. I think my problem with Coop has more to do with the effort in those last couple of games. We werent going to the net, we werent moving our legs. When we do those things we are really tough to beat. We did this vs Boston and we won in 5 games. I dont know why we couldnt do it vs the Caps.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
You could be right. I just think our team gets too soft late in the playoffs when the whistles get put away. Or they arent big enough to fight through it. I think my problem with Coop has more to do with the effort in those last couple of games. We werent going to the net, we werent moving our legs. When we do those things we are really tough to beat. We did this vs Boston and we won in 5 games. I dont know why we couldnt do it vs the Caps.
plus if you asked me or most people before the playoffs we all thought boston was better then the Caps by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad