Jon Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Cooper being the longest tentured doesn't make his seat any hotter, Tampa's window isn't closing anytime soon. It's all about cup success with Cooper at this point. With this roster he has no excuse to lose in rounds 1/2. The worst case scenario is we continuously lose in rounds 3/4 which puts management in a bind as to keep things the way they are and hope they can pull it out or make a change hope it pays off, lets be honest this roster isn't going to get much if any better than it is right now. In the next 2 years this team loses all contract benefits from it's star players, that'll be 7-8 years of sweetheart deals and nothing to show for it.

I think at the end of Point's bridge, if they can't win it's time to try someone else.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If our management thinks they can make our team better by adding a player or coach they show do it! They owe it to the fans and themselves to give them the best chance at the Stanley cup.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
A lot of people are saying he'll sign tomorrow but I'm not so sure. Its definitely possible, but on the other hand hes getting 6m a year through next year. Why the rush? Why wouldnt he wait till the offseason to weight ALL his options?

That seems to make more sense unless he simply cant wait to coach.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
A lot of people are saying he'll sign tomorrow but I'm not so sure. Its definitely possible, but on the other hand hes getting 6m a year through next year. Why the rush? Why wouldnt he wait till the offseason to weight ALL his options?

I think with guys like him its about finding the right match because not all coaches have that kind of luxury to look for that. Problem is that could come sooner than later.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Someone will grab coach q fast there is no question about that

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Noooooo way that would be stupid!!!! Don’t even think about extending cooper until after the playoffs are over! Let the season play out! I’m not extending this guy getting shutout in games 6 and 7 and losing in the eastern conference finals again!

Reactions: Iceman

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Noooooo way that would be stupid!!!! Don’t even think about extending cooper until after the playoffs are over! Let the season play out! I’m not extending this guy getting shutout in games 6 and 7 and losing in the eastern conference finals again!

Indeed. We missed the playoffs once with this team, maybe we end up with a first round exit, should we give him a new contract then? Hell no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad