Jon Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Plot twist.... those teams are Buffalo and Edmonton
I think Detroit could be one actually. The Wings like having the big fish coach. (see Bowman and Babcock)

It makes sense as Detroit isn't the free agent draw it was pre-2005, so enticing players with top end coaching (or the perception of it) is more important than ever. And his style can beat the Lightning.

This may also be coincidence, but Babcock came in 3 years after Bowman left, and Blashill has been in the job for 3 years...

Ottawa could be another, because they need to build some excitement around their organization again (and see if they can convince Karlsson to stay)

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think Detroit could be one actually. The Wings like having the big fish coach. (see Bowman and Babcock)

It makes sense as Detroit isn't the free agent draw it was pre-2005, so enticing players with top end coaching (or the perception of it) is more important than ever. And his style can beat the Lightning.

This may also be coincidence, but Babcock came in 3 years after Bowman left, and Blashill has been in the job for 3 years...

Ottawa could be another, because they need to build some excitement around their organization again (and see if they can convince Karlsson to stay)

I actually forgot about Detroit. They make a lot of sense. But Ottawa getting Trotz? If Karlsson stays then I guess it makes sense. If Duchene leaves and Karlsson stays the only way I see that working is if Trotz has them become next generation of the early 2010's Predators where you have a promising defense and not much else than bunch of grinders at forward. That'll be the ugliest 104 points a year that franchise ever gets and I doubt it's gonna end with any better than 2nd round exits no differently than in Nashville because of lack of scoring depth

But either way those are solid points. I picked Edmonton because T-Mac deserved to be fired last year and Buffalo can do MUCH better than Housely.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Man I’ve been waiting for the hawks to fire coach q! This is the best cooper replacement
It sucks knowing that there is a solution to Cooper right in front of us and KNOWING that nothing will be done. Instead we will be watching another team pick him up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad