Jon Cooper says Kadri goal shouldn’t have counted, but wouldn’t say why

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Ah good call, but not necessarily accurate on the score card. He's a second or two from being off the ice, the goal was likely scored after. If it was called back, I would think Colorado comes out of that with a PP for the 7v6.

Agreed (noting that the league's updated the game sheet).

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
I watched that video on NHL.com where it talks about the growth of computer tracking in the game.

Those camera's on either side of the arena that sit on top of the glass track every player simultaneously with the same sort of equipment that autonomous vehicles until they are completely off the ice, and it's how they do TOI and a bunch of other metrics.

so if copper is simply looking at the BOX SCORE that is a clown move.

none of those players were involved in the play

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The question is how close were they to the bench etc.?

I seen no issue after the goal had been scored, but I wasn't exactly looking either

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
It doesn't. Count them again: 4, 6, 13, 42, 62, 91 (and 35).

With that said, Tampa also had six skaters (and a goalie) on at the time of the goal.
With three defensemen (byram, Manson, EJ) that is pretty clearly not kadris (or anybody involved in the play, considering byrams position it was likely a Manson-EJ change) change coming off the ice at that point

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
This a big nothing burger. Tampa had 6 on the ice as well but it doesn't matter cause they were in a middle of a change and not in effect of the play on ice whatsoever. 5 on 5

Reactions: katfude

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
If you wave that off, every goaltender in the league is going to start wearing their masks as loose as possible.

I hated it as an Avalanche fan (and as a goaltender) but it is what it is.
Make it reviewable and award an autogoal if it's determined the goalie caused it. Easy fix.

But this is the NHL so...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's probably frustrated by injuries, fatigue and Tampa not being able to sit on a lead like they are used to. Let him sleep on it.

Reactions: Nihiliste

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He’s not wrong.

Colorado’s guy is close to being in the play. Tampa’s guys are so far away from the play it’s not funny.

Cooper is onto something here, no matter what Avs fans will say.
Cooper always whines, bitches and cries after a loss. Tampa has never actually lost a game under him, they either let the other team win or officiating !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad