Jon Cooper says Kadri goal shouldn’t have counted, but wouldn’t say why

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Maybe this?

8RpUuYV.png

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's the cup finals, obviously he's going to say that when there's the slightest chance of something going against your team. Kinda like how every play where your guy gets hurt is now dirty. It's not just Coop or Tampa.

As for this instance, the "too many men" had zero impact on the play. Zero. Maybe it's karma for Colorado from that disallowed goal back against the Sharks when Landy was "offside".

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Just watched the highlights. Was there any explanation for allowing that goal?

No, not even an attempt at one. I have no idea how that was allowed.

I mean, I get that you shouldn't whistle the play dead just because a player loses his helmet if a scoring chance is imminent, but not if a stick in the face causes the helmet loss...

I'm sure his heart is breaking over this as we speak.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
By Cooper’s logic were even

View attachment 561236

What a weird thing to bitch about, a very debatable too many men as if the refs were going to call anything short of literal murder.
Need to back this shot up a few seconds. If Kadri is coming on the ice and plays the puck, while the player going off for him is still well on the ice, it's a penalty. It's a different thing if players changing are not involved in the play. Need more replays

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
That's a tough one. I'd need to see a better video of when where the Colorado guy was when the replacement player came on the ice. The Avs player did seem quite far from the bench and involved in the play(that ended up being a goal) while the guy going off was still not right by the bench.

It's not just about how many guys are technically touching ice it's also about how involved are they impacting the play.

Reactions: Insidefi

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
It doesn't. Count them again.

With that said, Tampa also had six skaters (and a goalie) on at the time of the goal.
Ah good call, but not necessarily accurate on the score card. He's a second or two from being off the ice, the goal was likely scored after. If it was called back, I would think Colorado comes out of that with a PP for the 7v6.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6