Jokerit 17/18 - Scooters Gonna Scoot

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I dont know why couldn't they, but also why would they though?

Chinese president has visited finland lately and trade relations have been boosted alot lately between Finland and China.

My point is that the KHL has created enviroment for expansion of KHL teams into Chinese market. They play the same league, so it is easier for Jokerit (or other KHL team) to expand to Chinese market than lets say SHL, NLA or Liiga teams. Their national leagues have no interest to expand, they care about their local markets. The fact that the KHL expanded to China (& plans to Asia), as the most developing market in the world, can be a wake up call for other European teams to consider the KHL as as right place to go. Of course only a few & clever one.

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
Basic statistics looking better than previous season, looks good for visitor tour. I'll see if if would calculate 5on5 corsi stats too later on for the season for each team...

(SOG) & penalty minutes which might effect on total sog too if large difference

Spartak 3 (26) - 4 (26) Jokerit - - - - 5x2min vs. 3x2min
HC Dynamo M 2[SO] (17) - 1 (45) Jokerit - - - - 1x2min vs. 2x2min
Lokomotiv 3 (35) - 4 (32) Jokerit - - - - 5x2min vs. 7x2min + 1x10min
Ska 2 (27) - 0 (27) Jokerit - - - - 4x2min vs. 6x2min
Dinamo Mn 1 (19) - 6 (28) Jokerit - - - - 8x2min + 5min + 20min vs. 5x2min

Last edited:

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Jokerit Fangear

Hi team,

After having followed Jokerit for 4 years now, I'm planning a trip to Helsinki early next year, visiting some friends and will try to combine it with 1 or 2 home games of Jokerit.

On their website the fangear is rather pricey. Are there any other options of getting gear a bit cheaper?
Shipping makes it incredible expensive.

A friend of mines is going next month, also to see a game, so I would ask him to get me a T-shirt and a Huhtala jersey.

Thnx for the input

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I have the impression that all serious fangear in Finland is incredibly pricey. But if only the shipping is a problem, then you can naturally use their fanshop which probably has the same products and prices as the online store minus shipping.

Other than that it's a pity that KHL merchandise is not easily available online even in Europe. Somewhere I saw SKA pullovers in weird sizes, but that's all so far.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Even on Ebay its very difficult to find something decent.
I was hoping to get some advice from locals to refer me to other webstores that might have fangear available

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't think there are (m)any ways to get official gear cheaper. Also I looked through the prices at Jokerit webstore, "fan jersey" costs 60 euros which is pretty standard price for Finland. Jokerit is probably the most expensive team in the league to be a fan of.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Are there any other options of getting gear a bit cheaper?

Not really, but there might be individual discount items at the Hartwall Arena fan shop. Of course you also have everything on sale after Christmas but I'm not sure if it applies to fan merchandise. You could check out the Intersport stores in the city center though, they sell Jokerit gear.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Jokerit is really impressive this season. Top line could and should do more 5 on 5 but other than that this team is really great. Definitely the best 4th line in the league too.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It's probably the strongest team, Jokerit has ever had in the KHL. At least, it looks like this so far. Coaching isn't lousy as well. Even if they lose to Admiral, it'll be a very good trip, and no Far East this season anymore.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I wish them success in the playoffs, to finally eliminate one of the two juggernauts of the west.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It's probably the strongest team, Jokerit has ever had in the KHL. At least, it looks like this so far. Coaching isn't lousy as well. Even if they lose to Admiral, it'll be a very good trip, and no Far East this season anymore.

So you ruled out the Gagarin Cup Finals?

Yeah, a joke.

To the topic, yes, the KHL needs such European/Asian teams.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki

Edit. and if the Jokerit marketing team can see this post, start producing and selling those "Guy Fawkes" type Jokerit masks!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad