Confirmed with Link: Johnny Boychuk Career Ending Eye Injury

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I absolutely love optimism, but not at the expense of reality. I'd like to let Sorokin play ONE (1) NHL game before I anoint him an NHL starter, much less the next Brodeur. And not sure a 2nd year Dobson makes up for the loss of Toews and Boychuk. And of course this team has added exactly zero additional scoring to a roster that's been in the botom half of the league the last 2 years running.

And all that said it really doesn't address literally the most important piece to this team...

Adam Pelech.

Look at how the team performed with him, and without him, and you will see the true MVP of this team. An MVP that all of a sudden has had some injury issues on his resume that are noteworthy. I hope it's just been bad luck and we don't have another Radek Martinek on our hands. Because I truly believe this team can get to the semi-finals again with Pelech playing...And there's a chance they miss the playoffs if he doesn't.

While there's still time to do some things, we didn't add any/enough talent to overcome another Pelech injury so that is my biggest concern right now - Even more than the cap situation.

Not exactly true, Pageau was not here to start last season and he was added. He should help with some scoring, but I don't expect him to be a game breaker in that area. We'll see what else Lamoriello has in store.

Reactions: JKP and buud

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
As you may or may not know, I take the Conf finals run with a grain of salt given the circumstances, and no, I'm not going back to Torrey. Even with Jack Capuano at the helm, from 2012 to 2016 we made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years, had two 100 point seasons (might have been a third but one season was, of course, strike shortened), made the second round once. Not a whole lot different than Lou's record to date and the trajectory we were on on before Covid hit was not good. The book on Lou is still wide open, his signings (particularly Lee, Eberle) remain highly suspect, his draft picks still have to prove themselves (they haven't had the chance to yet, I know) and the prospect cupboard is pretty thin according to most. I question his entire "win now" strategy given the roster he had to start out with but I'm keeping an open mind. If his moves and picks work out (and if he gets more Boychuk-luck with Ladd) he may yet be a hero and I'll be the first to congratulate him, enjoy the success and, most importantly to some of the knuckleheads here, eat my crow if necessary (though I haven't bashed Lou at all - but not lauding him constantly and singing his praises is apparently the same thing as criticizing him here).

ok, thanks I wasn’t aware of your perception on the bubble run. Can’t say I agree with that view. I treat all playoffs the same. I understand the isles weren’t playing well before the bubble but it’s entirely possible they would’ve made the playoffs. I find it better to evaluate what actually happened but I understand you point of view. Again, disagree with it. I don’t have too much else to add so I’ll leave it at that.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Not exactly true, Pageau was not here to start last season and he was added. He should help with some scoring, but I don't expect him to be a game breaker in that area. We'll see what else Lamoriello has in store.

Still waiting for your reply to any of us that just says, "I totally agree."

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
I'm waiting for 5 separate replies in a row that say "I totally agree" instead of using multi-quote.
I've been on this board for 7 years and still haven't figured out how to use multi quote. Don't get me wrong, I've always wanted to use it but I have a reputation to uphold as the last guy to figure out anything and I'll be damned if I'm going to ruin it now. I learned at age 35 that it was acorn and not "egg corn" as I had been calling it all those years. You can imagine the shock when I found out!

Reactions: Lek

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I've been on this board for 7 years and still haven't figured out how to use multi quote. Don't get me wrong, I've always wanted to use it but I have a reputation to uphold as the last guy to figure out anything and I'll be damned if I'm going to ruin it now. I learned at age 35 that it was acorn and not "egg corn" as I had been calling it all those years. You can imagine the shock when I found out!
As long as I’m on this board you won’t be the last guy to figure out how to use multi-quote.

Reactions: Duanesutter12

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Multi-Quote Instructions for Old Geezers:

1) Click "+Multi-Quote" at the bottom corner of every post you'd like to reply to.
2) Go to the reply box at the bottom of the page and click "Insert Multiple Quotes..." button on the bottom left under the box (opposite side as the red "Post Reply" button").
3) When reviewing selected messages you can click "Remove" to remove any quote you no longer want to respond to. Continue by click the "x" at the top right.
4) Your quotes have now been placed into the reply box. Type directly under the [/ quote] tag to reply to the quote directly above it. Repeat this for each quote.
5) Click "Post Reply," the red button on the bottom.
6) Take a nap.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong

1) Click "+Multi-Quote" at the bottom corner of every post you'd like to reply to.
2) Go to the reply box at the bottom of the page and click "Insert Multiple Quotes..." button on the bottom left under the box (opposite side as the red "Post Reply" button").
3) When reviewing selected messages you can click "Remove" to remove any quote you no longer want to respond to. Continue by click the "x" at the top right.
4) Your quotes have now been placed into the reply box. Type directly under the [/ quote] tag to reply to the quote directly above it. Repeat this for each quote.
6) Take a nap.
Listen here young feller, I don't need this wizzamadoodle multi quote function to get my point across. When I was a kid the only multi quoting we did was singing God Bless America while reciting the pledge of allegiance backwards. Now get off my front lawn!!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Listen here young feller, I don't need this wizzamadoodle multi quote function to get my point across. When I was a kid the only multi quoting we did was singing God Bless America while reciting the pledge of allegiance backwards. Now get off my front lawn!!
You tell him pops!

Reactions: Duanesutter12

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
“I don’t think I’d rather work or play for anyone else”

Thankfully it doesn't look like Lane Lambert's going anywhere right now, but I would bring JB on board in a second if Lane got a head coaching spot. Having him under Trotz would be great. Though I might just call up Carkner and put JB in Bridgeport first.

Reactions: SI90

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh

6) Take a nap.

ok.... I took the nap.....

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Thankfully it doesn't look like Lane Lambert's going anywhere right now, but I would bring JB on board in a second if Lane got a head coaching spot. Having him under Trotz would be great. Though I might just call up Carkner and put JB in Bridgeport first.

I love Boychuk...and he was great in the locker room, but why would you want him on the bench? And for what special team?

Everyone loved Weight, right? Everyone loved Gomez.

Yeah, I'm good.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I can multi-quote with the best of them. Now posting gifs, videos or images...no chance.

giphy.gif

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

Though Boychuk bought a home on LI, doubt he wants to be in Connecticut. Sounds as though his blood is blue and orange now, so either way, he likely remains in the organization.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad