Confirmed with Link: Johnny Boychuk Career Ending Eye Injury

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Well everyone was wondering what the speculation was as there were rumors for a couple of weeks someone was retiring or going on Ltir.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Was a warrior for us. I wish him the best.

I’ll be the one to ask the question I’m sure most of us are thinking, how does this affect our cap?

exactly my reaction. He was a warrior, who along with Nick Leddy, brought instant respectability when they came on board. But that’s the big question - is this ltir or retirement, and I guess either removes the cap hit.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Great islander, was a great mentor to our young islanders specifically our young defenseman. I hope he is fully healthy after all the abuse he has taken. Hope he stays in the organization long term. Always a team first guy, and this move is one last team first move to get Barzal signed.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Geeze, I love Boychuk, hate to see him go out this way. It must be a situation where they looked at it and determined there’s a risk for further injury and he made the decision to retire

All the best Johnny, I hope you’re with the organization for a long time, even if it’s not on the ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad