Speculation: John Tavares' Pending Unrestricted Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Day Three, Eighth hour and thirth-eighth minute. Nothing to report, no signs of John, no signs of Tavares yet. Still waiting in anticipation.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Yeah I sort of wished Mirtle hadn't tweeted like that last night. My hopes are firmly up and that was the point I believed he was coming. It will be a huge letdown if he spurns us.
Ya, my Athletic subscription will be cancelled, if he jerked us around on this one. Too much time and emotional investment for that nonsense.

kyle n00bas

Dec 10, 2017
I mean, you're in a nearly 400-page thread dedicated to a player that never has been ours, and hasn't signed anywhere, let alone with us yet... People are obviously just having some fun and getting a little riled up now that things are coming down to the wire - Whether we successfully land him or not, we are this close to it happening, so let people have a bit of fun.

Some folks are adult enough to think something is going to happen, have that thing not happen, and move on, understanding that it's not the end of the world.

Some folks are also adult to not give a **** what other people think, as long as they're not hurting anyone. Hubris can sting, sure, but beyond that it's just a game, no need to take it so seriously.

I recommend finding another place to hang out for the morning, or perhaps easing up a bit and enjoying the experience - This kind of stuff doesn't happen all that often, and there's no harm in having some fun with it.
"Being obnoxiously dumb on the internet is how I have fun"
- very mature adults

(point taken tho, I'll leave you to it)

Socreges

Oct 10, 2013
Gramps here. Up early. Happy Canada Day to ALL Leaf fans. Having coffee now on deck overlooking Lake Ontario. Wow it is still damn hot again today. my guess is you won't hear anything to lunch. it is contractual right now. lawyers working all night.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

I never doubted you Gramps! You are a big reason why Tavares is coming here! Leafs Nation loves you Gramps! We'll celebrate a Stanley Cup together soon!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

This is what has me suspicious about this whole thing.

No way Tavares just let the deadline expire without any contact. They must've been notified which means there is information out there that isn't being leaked.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
What did mirtle say?
He told everyone not to go to sleep at about 11:50, and then an hour later to go to sleep, they would update on the Athletic in night if something happened, and then in response to a reply to that tweet, said "close to being confirmed," and didn't specify, leading all to believe Leafs have him.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Essentially thought there might be news last night and strongly hinted at the Tavares sweepstakes.

Considering how close he is to the Leafs front office...

Right it’s assumed he is talking about the leafs. So cancelling a subscription because got someone’s hopes up whe they are assuming is pretty crazy

Eric bungay

Jun 30, 2018
I mean, you're in a nearly 400-page thread dedicated to a player that never has been ours, and hasn't signed anywhere, let alone with us yet... People are obviously just having some fun and getting a little riled up now that things are coming down to the wire - Whether we successfully land him or not, we are this close to it happening, so let people have a bit of fun.

Some folks are adult enough to think something is going to happen, have that thing not happen, and move on, understanding that it's not the end of the world.

Some folks are also adult enough to not give a **** what other people think, as long as they're not hurting anyone. Hubris can sting, sure, but beyond that it's just a game, no need to take it so seriously.

I recommend finding another place to hang out for the morning, or perhaps easing up a bit and enjoying the experience - This kind of stuff doesn't happen all that often, and there's no harm in having some fun with it.
Amen to that ...!

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
"Being obnoxiously dumb on the internet is how I have fun"
- very mature adults
Thinking anyone simply hoping for something on the internet - in a thread dedicated to that topic, on a website dedicated to that topic, when they're not hurting anybody or saying anything offensive, racist, homophobic, sexist, classist, or anything of the sort - is "obnoxiously dumb", as if it actually matters at all, or means anything in the grand scheme of things, is a much more immature waste of one's time, as far as I'm concerned.

If you want to hang out on your high horse somewhere, there are worse people than us who need your condescension more than we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad