Speculation: John Tavares' Pending Unrestricted Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
no kidding

but if we dont hear anything today, it might not bold well for us. Today is the perfect day to annouce ur coming to ur home town team leafs. thats a media frenzy

Obviously you want the superstar player to be confident and know what he wants. It looks worse on his character than it does for us as a team getting him. Many teams have offers to him and ideally we want a man that knows what he wants.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Well.......after having successfully convinced myself that he would sign with the NYI, I am happy to admit I was wrong.

However, no I'm sucked back in to yet another Leaf drama. :help:

Good news is I'm on the boat cruising though the Trent Severn, so I have a distraction, and a kind soul to notify me should something occur.

Reactions: The Rat King

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
no kidding

but if we dont hear anything today, it might not bold well for us. Today is the perfect day to annouce ur coming to ur home town team leafs. thats a media frenzy

They have to announce today.

His agency would have other clients being held up because of this. Not to mention the other agencies calling telling them to get this the hell done.

I think teams know, just hasn't been leaked. This is affecting almost the entire NHL right now.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Well.......after having successfully convinced myself that he would sign with the NYI, I am happy to admit I was wrong.

However, no I'm sucked back in to yet another Leaf drama. :help:

Good news is I'm on the boat cruising though the Trent Severn, so I have a distraction, and a kind soul to notify me should something occur.

Many posters are going to be eating crow soon and they will be enjoying it.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

His agency would have other clients being held up because of this. Not to mention the other agencies calling telling them to get this the hell done.

I think teams know, just hasn't been leaked. This is affecting almost the entire NHL right now.

JT is under no obligation to make a decision today. He can if he wants drag it out for some time.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Could you imagine they announce a press conference on july 1 for the signing of matthews, marner, nylander, tavares. Give matthews the C.

All four of them lined up at the table.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

i think so

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Live scene as Canuck fans realize Leafs getting Tavares:
IMG_0897.JPG

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

If it is done, they will announce it. Free agent frenzy is going to open with a big bang at noon.

Reactions: The Masters

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
JT is under no obligation to make a decision today. He can if he wants drag it out for some time.

It is, directly and indirectly, affecting teammates and colleagues all around the league. He's under no obligation, but there would be a lot of pressure to get this done.

NYI must have been notified he wasn't taking their deal without anything being leaked. I think teams have been notified. I'm expecting the announcement today.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
He really has kind of embarrassed himself last few days with his nothing tweets that denote ZERO insider knowledge. Would have been better to shut up actually, because the lasting impression is yes he knows nothing.

To be fair, nobody else has shared any meaningful knowledge either.

Reactions: diceman934

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Gramps here. Up early. Happy Canada Day to ALL Leaf fans. Having coffee now on deck overlooking Lake Ontario. Wow it is still damn hot again today. my guess is you won't hear anything to lunch. it is contractual right now. lawyers working all night.

Thanks Gramps. What team, haha.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
He really has kind of embarrassed himself last few days with his nothing tweets that denote ZERO insider knowledge. Would have been better to shut up actually, because the lasting impression is yes he knows nothing.

Bobby Mac isn't throwing out the 'look I'm still here' tweets like Dregs is. Just sitting quietly and breaking whatever he can break when there's actually news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad