Speculation: John Tavares' Pending Unrestricted Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
I told myself that I wouldn’t get sucked in again, a lifetime of being a leaf fan has led to far too much heartbreak. But with the midnight deadline coming and going, the countless “insider” tweets topped by the pair from Mirtle’s pair last night, I am all in. I will be once again crushed if he doesn’t sign with the leafs

Reactions: Cobra777

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I know we need to work on our D, and Andy has to be better at crunch time, but geezus effing C, our forward lines with JT are the greatest thing I've ever seen as a Leafs fan!

Reactions: ToneDog

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Gramps here. Up early. Happy Canada Day to ALL Leaf fans. Having coffee now on deck overlooking Lake Ontario. Wow it is still damn hot again today. my guess is you won't hear anything to lunch. it is contractual right now. lawyers working all night.

You've got a good schtick.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Yeah I sort of wished Mirtle hadn't tweeted like that last night. My hopes are firmly up and that was the point I believed he was coming. It will be a huge letdown if he spurns us.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think I'd rather sign Tavares to a 15M cap hit for 7 years than signing Jay Beagle to a 4 year contract.

Benning... :facepalm:

Reactions: ToneDog

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Do people not realize how dumb **** like this is going to look if he doesn't sign here

What a cringefest
I mean, you're in a nearly 400-page thread dedicated to a player that never has been ours, and hasn't signed anywhere, let alone with us yet... People are obviously just having some fun and getting a little riled up now that things are coming down to the wire - Whether we successfully land him or not, we are this close to it happening, so let people have a bit of fun.

Some folks are adult enough to think something is going to happen, have that thing not happen, and move on, understanding that it's not the end of the world.

Some folks are also adult enough to not give a shit what other people think, as long as they're not hurting anyone. Hubris can sting, sure, but beyond that it's just a game, no need to take it so seriously.

I recommend finding another place to hang out for the morning, or perhaps easing up a bit and enjoying the experience - This kind of stuff doesn't happen all that often, and there's no harm in having some fun with it.

Last edited:

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I mean, you're in a nearly 400-page thread dedicated to a player that never has been ours, and hasn't signed anywhere, let alone with us yet... People are obviously just having some fun and getting a little riled up now that things are coming down to the wire - Whether we successfully land him or not, we are this close to it happening, so let people have a bit of fun.

Some folks are adult enough to think something is going to happen, have that thing not happen, and move on, understanding that it's not the end of the world.

Some folks are also adult to not give a **** what other people think, as long as they're not hurting anyone. Hubris can sting, sure, but beyond that it's just a game, no need to take it so seriously.

I recommend finding another place to hang out for the morning, or perhaps easing up a bit and enjoying the experience - This kind of stuff doesn't happen all that often, and there's no harm in having some fun with it.
Exactly, well said.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
I woke up thinking it may be happening. Then I started to take it even farther cause well why not. So today the Leafs call a press conference at 2pm to announce

Tavares AND Matthews at 7 x 11
Marner at 7 x 9
Nylander and Zaitsev to Minnesota for Dumba + pick
Martin to the Canucks for a pick

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I woke up thinking it may be happening. Then I started to take it even farther cause well why not. So today the Leafs call a press conference at 2pm to announce

Tavares AND Matthews at 7 x 11
Marner at 7 x 9
Nylander and Zaitsev to Minnesota for Dumba + pick
Martin to the Canucks for a pick

That’s a dream? Nylander and zaitsev for dumba? Dreams can literally be anything and yours was to overpay for Matt dumba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->