Speculation: John Tavares' Pending Unrestricted Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Mirtle is the worst... He knows for sure. (I know it's probably been posted already... but I was sleeping leave me alone)

oho that tweet.

and to your other point. i know. like. i don't like all the fingers pointing at us. it means it will hurt if it's not true.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
You heard it here first...... family friend.
JT coming to Leafs.
I’m no Bob McKenzie, Friedman.... but can 100% guarantee it’s done.
Enjoy Canada Day - Leaf fans!

Where were you last night when we were all waiting for this news ? :) Seriously I am starting to believe that JT wants and is coming home. He is going to turn Leaf nation upside down and I am so looking forward to that first standing ovation he gets in his first home game.

Message to Johnny if he signs. Relax, play your game. You do not have to do it yourself and you do not have to prove that you are worth the money you are getting.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
What happened to all those "the hockey community tells me that he is going back to the Islanders"? This has to have been the worst reporting I have ever seen. Other than Brady, nobody went out on a limb to report anything with any substance.

Hockey insiders, my ass.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto

A 7-year deal worth $11.375M per year or more comes to a minimum of $79.625M over the course of that contract, so any team offering a higher AAV than that Islanders is definitely in the $80+M ballpark - Not sure if Brian Lawton is completely full of shit, or just really, really bad at math...

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
A 7-year deal worth $11.375M per year or more comes to a minimum of $79.625M over the course of that contract, so any team offering a higher AAV than that Islanders is definitely in the $80+M ballpark - Not sure if Brian Lawton is completely full of ****, or just really, really bad at math...

Yeah he also reported Stamkos was coming to Toronto.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
I think he's going to Toronto. Myrtle wouldnt be tweeting like that.

Probably finalizing everything this morning. Then do a big annoucment later on

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
What happened to all those "the hockey community tells me that he is going back to the Islanders"? This has to have been the worst reporting I have ever seen. Other than Brady, nobody went out on a limb to report anything with any substance.

Hockey insiders, my ass.

That's right, hockey insiders, my ass - on Twitter. You know JR Players / NHL players and family members have accounts here and laugh it up. HFBoards is highball comedy hour for hockey centric individuals. When Tavares101 gives you heads up, it's probably JT himself.

:sarcasm:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think he's going to Toronto. Myrtle wouldnt be tweeting like that.

Probably finalizing everything this morning. Then do a big annoucment later on

Like I said, Mirtle is now probably the most connected Leafs "insider" to the Leafs front office.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Ryan expected to sign with the flames
https://www.tsn.ca/ryan-expected-to-sign-with-flames-1.1127667

Wasn't that rumoured to be a Toronto backup plan in case they don't get Tavares?

Hhhhmmmm, interesting. Maybe they found out they don't need the backup plan???

Or it's because this is dragging on so long the other free agents are tired of sitting around waiting on the Leafs/Sharks/whoever so they're taking the offers that are on the table right now.

If anything our backup plans are slipping away because JT is holding this up.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Or it's because this is dragging on so long the other free agents are tired of sitting around waiting on the Leafs/Sharks/whoever so they're taking the offers that are on the table right now.

There was a multi-year deal reportedly on the table a day or two ago. Why wait this long only to back out? I feel like the tides are changing and players want to come here now.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Or Leafs know they have landed the big fish and no longer need a #3/#4C.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
I feel like it would be cold-hearted for JT to wait to Canada day to announce he's not playing in Canada.

If he tweets "Happy Canada from San Jose/Tampa" - I'm petitioning to revoke his citizenship and put him on the no-fly list.
no kidding

but if we dont hear anything today, it might not bold well for us. Today is the perfect day to annouce ur coming to ur home town team leafs. thats a media frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad