Speculation: John Tavares' Pending Unrestricted Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I didn't think an extension could be signed prior to Jan 1 2019. Guess that doesn't stop team/JT from drafting one now to be executed on that date

I thought he’s free to sign an extension now. Just like McDavid did last year (which kicks in this year).

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Wouldn't be an issue. Cap keeps going up, in a few years players will be signing for over $15-16M. The trio of Dubas/Pridham/Gilman will know exactly how to make it all fit! :handclap:

Cap doesn't keep going up, it could very well go down at the next CBA. They need to go for it quickly and then get ready for a free offload @ Seattle and then maybe a buyout. That or, yes, it could go up again next CBA but nothing is for sure!

Reactions: Gally11

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Happy Canada Day everyone.
I’m so hung over my eyes are killing me yet the first thing I do is grab my phone for #TavaresWatch updates.
Come home John, just come home and the city is yours. Bring us the cup while you’re at it :)

Reactions: Eric bungay

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Are you kidding me it's still not a done deal. When are the flood gates gonna open

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You heard it here first...... family friend.
JT coming to Leafs.
I’m no Bob McKenzie, Friedman.... but can 100% guarantee it’s done.
Enjoy Canada Day - Leaf fans!

You the man cool guy, see ya at the beach!!

It's the worst kept secret ever though, isn't it?

Reactions: The Rat King

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Im trying not to get excited, but damn, that last Mirtle tweet has me on edge waiting.

I dont think he would word it in that manner if the Leafs werent the team. Clearly its not done yet, but Mirtle must think its really, really close to happening.

I also wonder if we're going to get a press conference today? If we see the Leafs issue a notice of one, we know its done.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Im trying not to get excited, but damn, that last Mirtle tweet has me on edge waiting.

I dont think he would word it in that manner if the Leafs werent the team. Clearly its not done yet, but Mirtle must think its really, really close to happening.

I also wonder if we're going to get a press conference today? If we see the Leafs issue a notice of one, we know its done.

what mirtle tweet?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Morning Daisy!
A few unconfirmed "secretive" sources indicating Toronto. Isles are out 100%. So between us, TB, SJ, etc...but no unconfirmed sources indicating those other teams.

I feel like he's ours

Morning!! :)
ahhhh

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Mornin:
E0AEDD21-6D4D-4D07-ABB4-AD4FCC13F847.png

Reactions: AppsSyl

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Too many analysts and insiders pointing to us right now. I feel like it will backfire but it's hard not to get excited.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Mirtle is the worst... He knows for sure. (I know it's probably been posted already... but I was sleeping leave me alone)

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Mirtle is the worst... He knows for sure. (I know it's probably been posted already... but I was sleeping leave me alone)

He doesn't want to fake everyone out. That's fine. I'm glad we can read into it what we want.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He doesn't want to fake everyone out. That's fine. I'm glad we can read into it what we want.

And saying it's close doesn't mean it's with us...

...with that said, he's got the closest ear to Dubas and the front office. He's really close to that front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad