Speculation: John Tavares Mega Thread

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
want he injured most of it?

for a good amount and he usually is, which makes him expendable. we finished a point out of the playoffs after two 100 point seasons and people jump right back to the "isles roster is a dump" train. the team was good without hamonic and good with a coach who worked a system which actually fit our team.

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
Tavares to Leafs

He wants to come home.

Would a 1-2-3 punch of Matthews, Tavares, Kadri flanked by Marner, Nylander, Marleau, Brown, Kapanen, Hyman give the leafs the best forward depth in the league?

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
He wants to come home.

I would be extremely surprised if this is true.

Would a 1-2-3 punch of Matthews, Tavares, Kadri flanked by Marner, Nylander, Marleau, Brown, Kapanen, Hyman give the leafs the best forward depth in the league?

And the salary cap has disappeared? And you didn't have to trade any of those guys for him?

:help:

(P.S. There is already a JT mega-thread)

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
I would be extremely surprised if this is true.

You are probably right. But Lebron!!!

And the salary cap has disappeared? And you didn't have to trade any of those guys for him?

It should work. I crunched the numbers. Assuming Matthews at 9.5 and Tavares at 10

:help:

(P.S. There is already a JT mega-thread)

Sorry - missed it.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
-team develops first line power forward who finishes tied 10th in goals in anders lee
-team has promising prospects, three of which are expected to be nhl caliber players this coming season in ryan pulock, josh ho-sang, and mathew barzal
-team upgrades offense by acquiring jordan eberle

"going nowhere"

- JT has devoted 1/2 his professional career to a team that did nothing to help him win
- Isles have a HUGE question mark in regards to where they will even be playing in the near future
- Even if a new arena is in their future on LI, it wont be built for at least 3-4 years. Thats almost half way through his new contract.
- Anders Lee isnt enough to keep JT
-Jordan Eberle isnt enough to keep JT
- Your pipe line doesnt have a legit first line talent, no matter how much you hope it does. In fact, the last 5 years, islander fans have been saying " the farm is going to make this team great " and JT is gonna be the cornerstone of the next cup team. Guess what, it didn't materialize.

- As of professional athlete and a legitimate star in the NHL, the guy is going to want to win and win soon....... I just don't see him thinking how the isles have that in their near future......and JT is not getting any younger.

i dont want to see him leave, but i just dont know why he'd want to stay. he gave the team ampe time to help utilize his talents and he go very little in return. I think hes gone unless the isles are a real force going into the playoffs.

Last edited:

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
- JT has devoted 1/2 his professional career to a team that did nothing to help him win
- Isles have a HUGE question mark in regards to where they will even be playing in the near future
- Even if a new arena is in their future on LI, it wont be built for at least 3-4 years. Thats almost half way through his new contract.
- Anders Lee isnt enough to keep JT
-Jordan Eberle isnt enough to keep JT
- Your pipe line doesnt have a legit first line talent, no matter how much you hope it does. In fact, the last 5 years, islander fans have been saying " the farm is going to make this team great " and JT is gonna be the cornerstone of the next cup team. Guess what, it didn't materialize.

- As of professional athlete and a legitimate star in the NHL, the guy is going to want to win and win soon....... I just don't see him thinking how the isles have that in their near future......and JT is not getting any younger.

-isles have placed an rfp to build a new arena, it's in their plans
-ho-sang and beauvillier both played first line while tavares was injured and they didn't lose a single game doing it
-anders lee and jordan eberle certainly help convince him that there is talent around him

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Just think, all they had to do was not sign Marleau. It's likely going to cost the Leafs a shot at Tavares. If they still get Tavares, it can only involve giving up Nylander or Marner. There just won't be enough room under the cap.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Why would you be surprised?

Tavares does not seem like someone who would want to play somewhere like Toronto or Montreal. He's a really low profile guy, doubt he'd enjoy the media circus that is the Leafs. Although maybe since he's been hyped since 14 he's used to it IDK, only he knows.

I also think if he did leave the Isles he'd go to somewhere where he's the missing link to winning a Cup, rather than a superfluous forward on a team with tons of forwards and a lack of D

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Just think, all they had to do was not sign Marleau. It's likely going to cost the Leafs a shot at Tavares. If they still get Tavares, it can only involve giving up Nylander or Marner. There just won't be enough room under the cap.

Marleau's contract expires when the big three's contracts kick in.

Nice try.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Pretty much all of Leafs fans realize that Tavares coming home is not realistic, and really not needed. There's always a handful of crazies in each fanbase....and more than usual in the biggest fanbase in the league.

I think most people realize that, but understand from everyone else's perspective that we constantly get bombarded with stupid Leafs' threads as a result of that higher number of crazies.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I like in this situation Toronto keeps every forward on their current roster while adding a franchise centre, based on the suggestion ''he wants to come home.''

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

that 3 year 6 mil guy is gonna cost them a chance at a guy that will likely cost 10-12 mil x 7 years?

leafs werent fitting the big 3 in with a 10+mil tavares regardless of Marleau

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I mean, no it doesn't. Not that I agree that signing Marleau cost the Leafs Tavares, but Marleau's contract will still be on the books when the "big three's" next contracts kick in.

possibly. seems like one of those deals where they fully intend to trade his cap hit if needed.

Clarkson, Phaneuf, Lupul, Robidas, Horton.... the leafs are pretty good at making bad cap hits go away

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Tavares to edmonton

just for a push at the cup.

RNH + 2018 first + Caleb Jones

For Tavares

Oilers would not resign Tavares unless he is willing to take around 8 million.
Maroon would have to walk, faynes cap would be gone and so would Nuges.
Oilers would then enter the cycles of using cheap wingers to cycle through the roster.
Once nurse is ready to step up, trade sekera and yeah

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Islanders arent doing that. Completely wrong center coming from Edmonton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad