John Shannon:April 9th 2018 will be known as Black Friday in the NHL

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Quenneville didn't like Panarin for Saad? I thought the narrative at the time was he didn't like losing Saad in the first place, they liked his fit in the lineup & was happy to get him back.

Hmmmm, the most you know. I think Quenneville is a good coach, letting him go could be quite the mistake.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Why is Carlyle being mentioned? First year back with the Ducks he takes them to WCF. This season they have a rough start because of a ton of injuries but have been very good lately and are currently third in the division?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Trotz isn't getting fired on April 9th. The Caps are headed to the playoffs and Trotz's contract expires right after that anyway. My money is on the Caps and Trotz simply parting ways.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
You think they’ll go back to Sutter after his last stint there?

Since I've watched hockey Calgary has always been known as a hard-working team that shows up every night. That was the case under Sutter and with Hartley as well. A hard working blue collar Alberta team. (Oilers were similar back before the suckage)
Gulutzan brought them further away from this. May not be Sutter for numerous reasons but if its not him I wouldnt be surprised if they hired someone similar.
Also history and familiarity is huge in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad